advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Should dairy be cut out to help reduce your gut?

Dairy is a huge part of my diet, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, milk in my oatmeal and so on. Plus I know vitamin D and calcium is essential. But that being said I always read that dairy leads to bloating and an inflated gut.

Is it worth cutting out most dairy just to reduce your gut has anyone gotten measurable results from doing it? I don't think I can avoid it completely but at the least I can stop bringing it home so that will reduce my intake dramatically.

very interesting thread FK. Thank u. I will be adding my thoughts. I have been thinking about this lately ( dairy / bloating ).

I generally stay away from diary since I'm slightly lactose intolerant. However I recently reintroduced milk in the form of smoothies and surprisingly my body is handling it fine. Any body else notice a difference depending on you consume your diary? It could be a coincidence or there's something about fruits that is helping me digest lactose better.

I make a mixture of majority milk (or 2%), little bit of almond milk, water, whey and a combination of fruits (blueberries, strawberries, peaches, bananas, and sometimes brussel sprouts).

I guess this is all you need to answer your own question:

yellow-tailor-s-meter-13736016.jpg

I have 2-4 of the Carbmaster yogurts sold at Kroger.

512FD310-6F05-4C13-40E4-B2FA06FB4F5B-4020.jpeg

These are great in between meals, and keep me from snacking on things that are much worse

2v92djn.jpg

The news ones just rolled into my local store, Only 1g of sugar now.

Certainly not all people. I've lost so far 27 pounds on this first ever prep eating Greek yogurt or cottage cheese everyday. Same goes for quite a bit of fruit, up to four servings per day on high carb days, including raisins.

wouldn't some lactaid fix some of these issues? i am not abandoning milk without a fight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great discussion thank you guys, lots of great info and expierence. The idea that our bodies have been designed to stay away from milk after we're done being nursed resonates with me, it makes sense. I've already stopped bringing it home and we'll see what happens but I'm not going to be able to cut it out completely everything you eat outside the house has some type of dairy. Plus I have so much whey protein, I'm not a protein junkie like others are but I do use it when I can't get a meal in.

More information on raw milk and even a suggestion for EAA's would be great!

This is great discussion thank you guys, lots of great info and expierence. The idea that our bodies have been designed to stay away from milk after we're done being nursed resonates with me, it makes sense. I've already stopped bringing it home and we'll see what happens but I'm not going to be able to cut it out completely everything you eat outside the house has some type of dairy. Plus I have so much whey protein, I'm not a protein junkie like others are but I do use it when I can't get a meal in.

More information on raw milk and even a suggestion for EAA's would be great!

TN has EAA's but they are extremely bitter tasting. The main source of protein powder I use is pepto pro. I had to cut dairy out of my diet since it was flaring up my uc since I am lactose intolerant now. I feel night and day better since I quit eating it. I will still occasionally pay the price and eat some pizza which sounds good, but afterwards is never worth it.

The only dairy that I do wish I could still eat is greek yogurt. I'm not a big breakfast eater and it was nice to have that as a quick small meal.

Yes the EAA's by themselves are bitter.

They mix well with crystal light, or foods like applesauce. salsa, nut butter,
and they aren't noticeable.

-MT

TN has EAA's but they are extremely bitter tasting. The main source of protein powder I use is pepto pro. I had to cut dairy out of my diet since it was flaring up my uc since I am lactose intolerant now. I feel night and day better since I quit eating it. I will still occasionally pay the price and eat some pizza which sounds good, but afterwards is never worth it.

The only dairy that I do wish I could still eat is greek yogurt. I'm not a big breakfast eater and it was nice to have that as a quick small meal.

Big Picture

If you are going to supplement with whey protein, use Cold Filtered Whey Iso!
All whey's are not created equal!!!!!!

The cold filtration process removes some lactose during it's process.

Just for the sake of a point :lightbulb::

-Why eat any food that creates a stressful internal "environment". This
could be foods like dairy, oats, red meat, gluten, etc, etc?

-Just think how many calories you would eliminate if you gave up all dairy
of any kind for one year.

-We are raised to believe dairy is an essential part of our diet, but says who?

-The Dairy Industry is subsidized by the government.

-If it matters to you, dairy cattle live about 4-5 years. Grass fed cattle
that roam and are not juiced with tons of hormones live 20-25 years.

-If you plan on becoming a parent, or have little ones; studies have shown
a direct link between dairy/formula and diabetes.

The best option is to eat foods that are easy to digest, do not cause gas,
bloat or IBS of any degree.

-MT

I have 2-4 of the Carbmaster yogurts sold at Kroger.

512FD310-6F05-4C13-40E4-B2FA06FB4F5B-4020.jpeg

These are great in between meals, and keep me from snacking on things that are much worse

2v92djn.jpg

The news ones just rolled into my local store, Only 1g of sugar now.

Love these fucking things! Been eating them for like the last 6-8 years or so, and when they only had a few flavors. The cinnamon bun and key lime are awesome.

And I also love the Kroger cottage cheese with a spoonful of low sugar jelly mixed in.

This no dairy thing would be so hard for me to take out of my diet :(

I had a truly massive gut when I was consuming dairy..

turns out im lactose intolerant (many people are), and you probably are as well.

Slice I knew u do not consume dairy at all & quite strict at it but I did not know u actually saw a huge reduction in your distension. I am all ears please share more like how much less it has become on a scale of 1 to 10 ? what it was before & what isn't like now? Also do you find the reduction in your distension is permanent as you do not consume any dairy at all for long time now? How long ago did u quit dairy totally mate ? cheers

I personal have no problems with Dairy I think a lot has to do with DNA and Blood type. Everyone's bodies are made to handle certain foods better than others and not everyone can digest foods the same. I have learned a lot by going off blood type dieting for myself learned I do not do very well with high amounts of protein and when I go over 5oz a meal typically I run into digestion issues.

This thought comes into my head quite a lot. Many what if's and how it would be worth trying to see the difference. My love of milk is strong though :eek: Although I have cut down my milk consumption loads. I no longer drink it from the fridge but I do add it into my oats or cereal. The problem for me is other milks (rice, almond, soya etc) taste like utter crap. I am also a huge fan of greek yoghurt and like to mix fruit flavoured eaa's into it and maybe put some berries on top for a great meal. Then there is cottage cheese which I don't eat a lot but I occasionally buy it as it's such a convenient pre bed snack.

I may just do this myself to see. I can tell it will make a difference. As others have stated I can pretty much predict if you were to go a few months without dairy your sensitivity would grow to it's negative effects (lactose intolerance).

I am thinking to do this now. My main issue is I like to have high fibre cereal and use milk. Part of me thinks 1 serving daily won't be an issue but another side of me thinks if I am going to do this then do it properly. Oats with water is not that bad so that's an option... maybe some almond milk instead. I can go without cottage cheese and greek yoghurt. I have 1 cup of tea most days and use a tiny amount of milk in that. I am sure all of you considering this go through your daily intake like I am now :eek:

For now I will stick to 1 bowl of cereal per day and 1 cup of tea. I will have 1 greek yoghurt per week and no cottage cheese. That is a small amount of dairy and I will see how I am after 1-2 weeks. Then I will look at dropping the cereal which pretty much leaves no dairy.

I love my Milk! 1/2 gallon minimum nightly.
Last night, along with a quarter gallon of Rocky Road!
A whole gallon on Monday is normal after a long weekend.
I tell Ya, My body Craves Milk.
Super nourishing!!!

Milk, Gluten, or anything else doesn't bloat me. It's the steroids!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131