advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Should dairy be cut out to help reduce your gut?

Elvia,

One reason why you are so well versed in nutrition is because you
operate with an open mind, and that's not the norm.

Try your little experiment and see how you feel and look.

I encourage you to try it. You won't know unless you try :lightbulb:.

-MT

This thought comes into my head quite a lot. Many what if's and how it would be worth trying to see the difference. My love of milk is strong though :eek: Although I have cut down my milk consumption loads. I no longer drink it from the fridge but I do add it into my oats or cereal. The problem for me is other milks (rice, almond, soya etc) taste like utter crap. I am also a huge fan of greek yoghurt and like to mix fruit flavoured eaa's into it and maybe put some berries on top for a great meal. Then there is cottage cheese which I don't eat a lot but I occasionally buy it as it's such a convenient pre bed snack.

I may just do this myself to see. I can tell it will make a difference. As others have stated I can pretty much predict if you were to go a few months without dairy your sensitivity would grow to it's negative effects (lactose intolerance).

I am thinking to do this now. My main issue is I like to have high fibre cereal and use milk. Part of me thinks 1 serving daily won't be an issue but another side of me thinks if I am going to do this then do it properly. Oats with water is not that bad so that's an option... maybe some almond milk instead. I can go without cottage cheese and greek yoghurt. I have 1 cup of tea most days and use a tiny amount of milk in that. I am sure all of you considering this go through your daily intake like I am now :eek:

For now I will stick to 1 bowl of cereal per day and 1 cup of tea. I will have 1 greek yoghurt per week and no cottage cheese. That is a small amount of dairy and I will see how I am after 1-2 weeks. Then I will look at dropping the cereal which pretty much leaves no dairy.

Concreter,

LOL..............The things you do to your body and still look great.......You're just a FREAK :)!!!!!!

-MT

I love my Milk! 1/2 gallon minimum nightly.
Last night, along with a quarter gallon of Rocky Road!
A whole gallon on Monday is normal after a long weekend.
I tell Ya, My body Craves Milk.
Super nourishing!!!

Some humans have evolved to be able to consume lactose from birth to death regardless of cessation of lactose consumption. About 3 in 10 or 30-35% to be exact. If you are one of these people there is no issue with milk/dairy consumption. If you believe otherwise you are uneducated and have bought into the propaganda quacks use to villainize dairy. You likely also believe in other completely ignorant shit like being able to influence your pH with magic water or "eating like your ancestors." If you are not one of these humans who have evolved genetically in this manner then consuming milk will cause you problems. It's not rocket science. It's extremely simple. Get genetic testing done if you want to know for sure. I've posted this at least 3 or 4 times now it seems. Yet people still wonder and others still give ignorant blanket advice like no one should consume dairy and it has no role in muscle growth. The majority, the 7 in 10, have bad experiences, often feel very passionate about how horrible milk is and think this should apply to all. But just because they have not evolved they should not ignore the ones who have and give bullshit advice.

Rex.

Dairy bloats the hell out of me.

I lose one or two inches easily if I stop consuming it for a few days.

But I do like cheese and yogurt, so I always come back to it.

I'm going to give this a shot because I just can't figure out how I've gotten to be so bloated over the past year or so, and when I think about it I definitely have been eating more yogurt and cottage cheese, at least two timer per day. I'm going to give it a shot once I finish what's in the fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At no time in life, should dairy products of any type be consumed!

Other than mother's milk as an infant.

Plays no role in building LBM!

-MT

So protein and healthy fats straight from momma nature doesn't build muscle?

Interesting to say the least

Dairy really isn't a good choice. If a food is causing disruption in digestion, negative reactions, or must be taken with supplements just to keep it down, switch it for something better.
That coating of mucous that often is in the mouth after dairy, is an indication of what's going on in your digestion. Dairy is very mucous producing, inflammation causing, and contains many additives and contaminates not meant to be there. Also, we're not cows, will not get that size, do not need nutrition meant for calves.
If you want to add dairy, do so sparingly. Goat or sheep is more easily assimilated, raw milk products, or milk alternatives.
Cold filtered whey is a better choice, and there are plenty of plant alternatives. Many seeds, nuts and vegetables have a higher quality and quantity of vitamins such as calcium and D, that are more completely utilized in our body

Last edited:
It's okay to disagree, everyone's own opinion matters.

But step out of your circle. Read, Research and then come to your Decision.
Be informed. Both negative and positive, regardless of your own opinion.

Start here:

-MT

Attachments

• dre.jpg
    dre.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 156
Or here, also comes in DVD.

I've walked the walk regarding this stuff and wouldn't wish
it on anyone.

EYES WIDE OPEN :lightbulb:

-MT

Attachments

• Forks Over Knives.jpg
    Forks Over Knives.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 164
So not knowing all the much here, if I currently use a WPI/WPC/WPH blend around my workouts, what would you guys switch to for fast absorbing protein? Isopute Lactose free WPI rings a bell for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My genetic test said I'm lactose tolerant. No surprise since I have never gotten any of these horrible effects I hear people getting from dairy sometimes.

At no time in life, should dairy products of any type be consumed!

Other than mother's milk as an infant.

Plays no role in building LBM!

-MT

What protein powders are you ok with if any? Egg, beef, pea/vegetable ?

less gas and bloating after switching to Fairlife ultra filtered lactose free skim.Also has about 50%more protein.Always have had milk in my daily diet.

Dairy is a great choice....it's the milk in stores from cows pumped up on hormones to produce more milk then loaded up on antibiotics to keep them alive that should be avoided

Milk flavored shit water is all that is

But to each their own....I've gone a couple weeks on a raw milk only fast...others have blogs that have gone months on raw milk and nothing else....pretty interesting stuff anyways

My genetic test said I'm lactose tolerant. No surprise since I have never gotten any of these horrible effects I hear people getting from dairy sometimes.

big dog just to clarify so u do not have any dairy products at all ? like zero nothing and thats why you think you do not get these sort of ( Lactose intolerantance) side effects ? I thought u have whey iso thats a dairy product.

Dairy really isn't a good choice. If a food is causing disruption in digestion, negative reactions, or must be taken with supplements just to keep it down, switch it for something better.
That coating of mucous that often is in the mouth after dairy, is an indication of what's going on in your digestion. Dairy is very mucous producing, inflammation causing, and contains many additives and contaminates not meant to be there. Also, we're not cows, will not get that size, do not need nutrition meant for calves.
If you want to add dairy, do so sparingly. Goat or sheep is more easily assimilated, raw milk products, or milk alternatives.
Cold filtered whey is a better choice, and there are plenty of plant alternatives. Many seeds, nuts and vegetables have a higher quality and quantity of vitamins such as calcium and D, that are more completely utilized in our body

I love your posts. Very knowledgble and informative. May I urge you to post more often please. Many thanks for your contributions to the board.

I love your posts. Very knowledgble and informative. May I urge you to post more often please. Many thanks for your contributions to the board.

Thanks Devenidas, I appreciate your feedback. I enjoy the topics that are health and wellness oriented, as these are my areas of most knowledge base and interest. Will look for more opportunities to comment

Where are the studies that show this inflammatory property of dairy? The studies I find are showing no inflammatory results or actually an improvement in inflammatory markers. The only other thing I found is a negative affect on HDL which can be interpreted as an increase in inflammation. If we have a (usually Caucasian) person who has the enzyme to digest lactose, what studies do we have showing all these terrible effects? Not saying they aren't there, just would like to see some. Anyone can say whatever, you can find books with opposing views and cherry picked data on tons of subjects. Let's see some well designed studies.

Well stated.. nobody can say all dairy is bad, or dairy is bad for everyone..But if its causing you problems then try switching sources or cutting it out completely. Goat or sheep is a good place to start.

As mentioned by rex, some people can handle lactose just fine. Aside from the lactose, the avenue in which dairy is processed can reduce the quality of the finished product. High quality, raw dairy can have a very different effect in ones body then say kraft cheese or whatever the hell comes in those packages slice by slice.

To that, studies show the saturated fat in some dairy to have a unique steriochemistry, and have positive cardiovascular effect. But to state its benefits are ubiquitous would be foolish.

As with all things, the variable quality of dairy can make or break your experience with it. Choose better options, if the issues still exist, cut it out. Personally, I can handle very little dairy, regardless of quality, and irrespective of lactose content.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear