over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SLEEPING AIDS

Trazodone nightmares are vivid and hellacious. Wake up thinking your entire family just got murdered [emoji125][emoji125][emoji1304][emoji1304]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trazodone nightmares are vivid and hellacious. Wake up thinking your entire family just got murdered [emoji125][emoji125][emoji1304][emoji1304]

You're more likely to experience nightmares on tren or Gh than you are trazadone. It's rare.

Rare? Do you have a source or citation to that comment or its just bro-talk...

It's happened to me several times in the past month. Never experienced it with tren or GH.

A simple google search would tell you Trazodone nightmares are actually fairly common.

It's happened to me several times in the past month. Never experienced it with tren or GH.

A simple google search would tell you Trazodone nightmares are actually fairly common.

Any drug that antagonizes serotonin 5-HT2A/C will markedly alter one's brain patterens, therefore induce vivid, bizarre or lucid dreams.

Trazodone is a class of drugs that antagonizes serotonin 5-HT2A/C and alpha-1 adrenergic receptors.

I also have had hellish dreams while on Traz.

Regardless of which compound does or does not cause nightmares for you, you are only ONE person, so using your sole experience as a way of gauging side effect frequency in the general population isn't really reliable. For example, you say tren has never affected your dreams, but just on this bard alone you will find plenty of people whop have experienced this. Do I invalidate their experiences because YOU didn't experience the same?

With that said, I have done my research from two angles. For one, I asked both of my doctors about this before taking it because I read about it as a potential side effect...and they said NONE of their 100+ patients have reported it.

Now, if you take all dream disturbances into consideration, such as long, vivid, or memorable dreams, then the percentage rises considerably, but I don't think most people would consider that to be a negative side effect--and certainly not one worth discontinuing the medication over.

Here is how the trazadone-nightmares connection was explained to me. When someone has nightmares, whether it is trazadone induced or not, they are most often the outward manifestation of inner turmoil. If you evaluate the general population you will find that most happy, stress-free people without any pressing fears or worries usually don't have nightmares. They generally occur in individuals who are dealing with stress, hardships, fears, etc...and the worse these problems are, the more often and more severe their nightmares usually become.

So, in some instances trazadone may act a trigger for those predisposed to nightmares as a result of their subconscious/conscious inner psychic-emotional turmoil. In those who are not experiencing such issues, it is more likely to induce longer, more vivid, more intense dreams. The thing is--many who use trazadone ARE experiencing some type of inner turmoil. Hence the reason they can't sleep. This is why a small percentage of user's have nightmares.

Anyway, I am sure anyone who is interested in dreams can do additional research, but the point is that most nightmares occur in the setting of emotional turmoil of one type or another, either subconscious or not. So, trazadone simply makes it more likely for such individuals to experience nightmares, just as certain androgens make it more likely for anger-prone individuals to lash out aggressively but have little affect on easy-going individuals.

I've also done research online to see what others are saying, and considering the vast number of people who use the drug, it is rather uncommon. Even on this board, of all the times trazadone has been mentioned, you are the first and only one to mention this (that I know of). Everyone else seemed to have good experiences with it and recommended it for sleep--just like in this thread.

However, for those currently experiencing emotional stress/turmoil, it may be something they may want to consider as a potential "side effect".

Last edited:
Any drug that antagonizes serotonin 5-HT2A/C will markedly alter one's brain patterens, therefore induce vivid, bizarre or lucid dreams.

Trazodone is a class of drugs that antagonizes serotonin 5-HT2A/C and alpha-1 adrenergic receptors.

Just saw your post after posting mine. Thanks--confirms what I was saying.

I was taking 12.5mg of traz to sleep. It would knock me out within 5 minutes. In the 3 months of taking it, I dont ever recall a nightmare. I quit taking it 5 weeks ago after my first hip surgery ( I didn't feel like mixing percocet with traz was safe). I have had more damn nightmares and weird dreams since.

My mom on the other hand requires 150-200mg of traz to sleep and doesn't have any issues either.

Trazadone is also used to PREVENT nightmares...and it appears to be quite effective in this regard. See study below.

Survey on the usefulness of trazodone in patients with PTSD with insomnia or nightmares.

Warner MD1, Dorn MR, Peabody CA.
Author information
Abstract

BACKGROUND:
Trazodone is commonly used in the treatment of insonmia and nightmares in patients with PTSD. There is little evidence in the literature for this practice.

METHOD:
Seventy-four patients from the Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Health Care System in California who were admitted to a specialized 8 week inpatient treatment program for PTSD were surveyed regarding their use of trazodone in the treatment of insomnia or nightmares. Patients were asked to complete a questionnaire regarding trazodone's effectiveness, side effects, and optimal doses.

RESULTS:
Of 74 patients surveyed, 60 patients were able to maintain an effective dose of trazodone. The other 14 patients were unable to tolerate the medication. Seventy-two percent of the 60 patients assessed found trazodone helpful in decreasing nightmares, from an average of 3.3 to 1.3 nights per week (p<.005). Ninety-two percent found it helped with sleep onset, and 78% reported improvement with sleep maintenance. There was a significant correlation between the effectiveness in decreasing nightmares and improving sleep (r= .57, p < .005). The effective dose range of trazodone for 70% of patients was 50 to 200 mg nightly. Of the 74 patients surveyed, 9 (12%) reported priapism.

CONCLUSION:
Trazodone appears effective for the treatment of insomnia and nightmares associated with chronic PTSD. However, controlled trials are needed before any definite conclusions can be drawn. The higher than expected occurrence of priapism warrants clinicians asking directly about this side effect.

FactMed analysis covering adverse side effect reports of TRAZODONE HCL patients who developed NIGHTMARE.

FactMed provides MD-approved analysis to help both patients, researchers, and physicians accurately assess the risk profile for more than 20,000 different pharmaceutical products. The below report offers compiled information from Food & Drug Administration and FactMed user submissions. Between January 2004 and October 2012, 190 individuals taking TRAZODONE HCL reported NIGHTMARE to the FDA. A total of 18989 TRAZODONE HCL drug adverse event reaction reports were made with the FDA during this time period.

Summary Statistics
Reports of TRAZODONE HCL causing NIGHTMARE: 190
Reports of any side effect of TRAZODONE HCL : 18989
Percentage of TRAZODONE HCL patients where NIGHTMARE is a reported side effect: 1.0006%

This is the same thing my doctor told me 10+ years ago--that nightmares occurred in only 1-2% of individuals using the drug. I would consider that percentage to be low and therefore, its occurrence UNCOMMON. This also coincides with my doctors report that NONE of his 100 or so trazadone using patients reported nightmares as a side effect.

Last edited:
Lets just say when the actual manufacturer has a warning regarding nightmares, it may be a legitimate side effect and not just me being a freak case.

Also, over 1,600 people have reported nightmares as a side effect of Trazodone on this site alone **broken link removed**

Trazodone to prevent nightmares?! The irony..as I'm sure somewhere there's practitioners prescribing amphetamines for insomnia..Xanax for narcolepsy..LSD for adhd (the latest one I've heard)

Thanks stew for clarifying that and confirming that I'm not the only one!!

Lets just say when the actual manufacturer has a warning regarding nightmares, it may be a legitimate side effect and not just me being a freak case.

Also, over 1,600 people have reported nightmares as a side effect of Trazodone on this site alone **broken link removed**

I never disagreed with you regarding nightmares as a potential side effect. The ONLY dispute here was that I said it was uncommon and you said it wasn't. According to all the information I have complied, it appears nightmares are not common side effect.

Now, my previous post addressed the number of FDA reports made between 2004-2012, so obviously the number of total cases will be higher when looking at a broader time frame. After all the drug has been around for well over 50 years. Regardless, 1,600 reports is nothing when considering the total number of people that have used the drug over the last half-century. Again, it appears that nightmares are not a common side effect.

Okay well out of the over one hundred reported side effects it is the seventh most common. I wish it wasn't so common or I would definitely use it for my insomnia. Works well otherwise

Thanks stew for clarifying that and confirming that I'm not the only one!!

No one ever said you were the only one. I immediately acknowledged it as a possible side effect. I only disputed your statement where you said "trazadone nightmares are actually fairly common".

In the previous post you said you had woken up from nightmares of your family being murdered and it was not fun. That was followed by a thumbs-down emoticon--indicating your obvious disapproval of the drug.

I responded by saying that nightmares weren't really a very common side effect...and the only reason I said that was because I didn't want anyone who might have been considering switching from benzos (or other addictive sleep aides) to possibly forego treatment because of your comment.

You then decided to push the argument forward.

Okay well out of the over one hundred reported side effects it is the seventh most common. I wish it wasn't so common or I would definitely use it for my insomnia. Works well otherwise

Come on, man. Even in this comment here, you are STILL indirectly inferring that nightmares are common. It doesn't matter of it was the 7th, 3rd, or 20th most common side effect experienced by trazadone users--the fact is it happens to a VERY small percentage of users, so it is NOT common.

What you really should have said is that you wish you weren't one of the "small" percentage of users who experience nightmares.

No one ever said you were the only one. I immediately acknowledged it as a possible side effect. I only disputed your statement where you said "trazadone nightmares are actually fairly common".

In the previous post you said you had woken up from nightmares of your family being murdered and it was not fun. That was followed by a thumbs-down emoticon--indicating your obvious disapproval of the drug.

I responded by saying that nightmares weren't really a very common side effect...and the only reason I said that was because I didn't want anyone who might have been considering switching from benzos (or other addictive sleep aides) to possibly forego treatment because of your comment.

You then decided to push the argument forward.

Okay guy. Give it a rest. Trazodone is always a better option than any benzo. You win

Okay guy. Give it a rest. Trazodone is always a better option than any benzo. You win

Don't play it off like that, brother. You continued arguing right up until your last post...and it's not about winning. I already provided my reason for disagreeing--because I didn't want someone who was considering dropping their benzos (or other addictive sleep meds) for trazadone to decide against it because they were concerned about nightmares.

Your "give it a rest" comment can be more accurately interpreted as "you're making me look bad by refuting everything I say and it is pissing me off, so stop".

Last edited:
Lmao at your edited post with translation.

It's a moot point, agree to disagree and move forward..

Since you can't do that I'll support my point one more time...

According to drugs.com it's a common side effect (1-10% of population) of Trazodone.

Common (1% to 10%): Anger/hostility, excitement, insomnia, nightmares/vivid dreams

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity