mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do people who can't be disciplined with their diet annoy me so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dropped my bitch of 10 years because she smoked, ate all types of shit and was getting fat and had no desire for change. Now, my new chick is 10x better 6 pack big booty and tities and takes wayyyyy better care of me.

I hate when people look at me when I won't eat fast food because I am on a "diet" it's my way of life and the reason I look thr way I do

A paper I researched for an economics class. Here's a couple of quick links but there are academic studies of this which get really detailed and convoluted.

For the UK:
https://fullfact.org/economy/does-smoking-cost-much-it-makes-treasury

For the USA:
What would a smoke-free America cost the government? | The Daily Caller

i don't want to derail the op thread, but just to comment on that daily caller link, at the bottom of that article it should have put, for entertainment purposes only, any number that is quoted in that article, is quadrupled by medicare and Medicaid payouts alone, everybody talks about lung ca but there is a whole host of diseases and cancers that inflict smokers, a smoker that maybe pays 50-60k in taxes in there lifetime from smoking, is not going to come close to the cost of their healthcare.

i'm 30, and of the women i knew growing up who got married, 90% of them have gained at least 50 lbs. usually it's within the first year of marriage, but sometimes it's not until their first kid and they simply never get rid of it. "i'm eating for two!" is the excuse they use to eat anything and everything they want. if you call them on this, they get indignant "i gained this weight having YOUR child" like it's somehow the husband's fault or that she did him a favor getting fat.

i'm not religious so the tradition of marriage means nothing to me, and i have no interest in involving the government in my relationships. it no longer plays the useful role it once did in society and it doesn't even provide commitment anymore. personally i'm never getting married. why do you guys do it? seems like one if not both sides take marriage as a sign they can totally let themselves go in multiple ways. guys are guilty of this too. they stop socializing as much, stop taking her out as much and stop doing little things to make her feel special and loved.

i will say, the pressure society puts on you to get married is outrageous. i have to resist telling people to fuck off and midn their own business. seems like ever since my late 20s any girl i get involved with for a few months is expecting it to lead to marriage, and i get these little shame based inducements to marry from her friends, family and casual acquaintances. i've always been 100% upfront that i'm NEVER getting married, but that doesn't stop it.

btw, i live in the midwest so people are very fat here compared to the coasts and cities. the number of single moms blows my mind, and the entitlement they have really confuses me.

Man this was a good post. I'm with you on the pressure of marriage. I enjoy being a 30 year old bachelor living by myself in a major city and meeting different women. I enjoy going out with friends and family and eyeing the cute girl at the bar, without feeling any guilt about being able to approach her because I'm tied down to someone else.

But for some reason, any girl I date or spend time with is only after marriage and kids. As of now, I don't want kids (who know, maybe that could change) and enjoy my freedom. I have a close relationship with direct family and don't want to invite someone else to come live with me, when I enjoy living on my own. However, when I want to cut things off with a woman, I am always the bad guy. Then telling a female you aren't certain if you want something serious or want children will have them running away fast, so it's a no win situation. Who knows, maybe I'll meet someone who will make me change everything but I dislike the pressures of modern society.

Man this was a good post. I'm with you on the pressure of marriage. I enjoy being a 30 year old bachelor living by myself in a major city and meeting different women. I enjoy going out with friends and family and eyeing the cute girl at the bar, without feeling any guilt about being able to approach her because I'm tied down to someone else.

But for some reason, any girl I date or spend time with is only after marriage and kids. As of now, I don't want kids (who know, maybe that could change) and enjoy my freedom. I have a close relationship with direct family and don't want to invite someone else to come live with me, when I enjoy living on my own. However, when I want to cut things off with a woman, I am always the bad guy. Then telling a female you aren't certain if you want something serious or want children will have them running away fast, so it's a no win situation. Who knows, maybe I'll meet someone who will make me change everything but I dislike the pressures of modern society.

real talk.

if women want to get married, they should vote to change the archaic alimony and child support laws.

You are talking about things that an individual cannot help versus something they can help. I love my wife, but if she becomes obese, I am not going to be sexually attracted to her. I find obese people unattractive. There are plenty of what if scenarios, but most of which could be helped by proper nutrition in not getting obese. Gaining weight and getting plump is different then obese.

I still would like to see a pic of the OP.
No. I wasn't. You just simply took the one line out of my comment that happened to be things that couldn't be helped and convienently left out the first part of what I say which was:

But no matter what the case, whether it be fitness, behavior, idiosyncrasies, she farts in bed, she can't hold her drink, she likes gourmet or tasty foods, these are things that, throughout the long years people are together, learn to live and "love them for who they are". We live in a throw-away society. If the person you love isn't performing to spec, you trade her in on a newer model. This is not love. This is not a relationship. This is a convenience. People are not robots or machines that we make to our specifications. A man that truly loves a woman will do what he can to be what SHE wants. Not get angry because she isn't 100% what he wants. Relationships are about giving.

And who's to say even those things people can help? Look, I didn't come here to rain on anyone's parade. If you want a slim chick that you find sexually attractive, then do that. Find one that will put up with you and all your bullshit and you'll be happy as a pig in shit. Good luck to you on that. What I can tell you is it's never going to happen (at least not for any extraordinary length of time) and that 99.9% of the time one or both of you will fall off the wagon and let's face it: except in very rare circumstances, by 45-50, you're not going to be pulling in those young, tight bunnies anyway. I say, find a girl who is a good housekeeper, a good cook, makes you laugh, a good conversationalist because these are things that will LAST. The rest is fading away one day, one month, one year at a time. You can fight it now, but time will win in the end. And you'll have spent your life working towards.... ? What? A trophy? Admiration? Fighting off your little-man syndrome? What? Out of the thousands, maybe 10's of thousands of couples I've met, I've maybe met one, maybe two happy "fitness/BBing couples".

That's been my experience, and I'm dollars to donuts on the notion that I have as much as (or possibly more than) most of the people commenting on this thread - comments that are so ridiculously superficial that I'm willing to bet NONE of you have a decent, long-lasting, loving relationships with a tight little hardbody that does your bidding. No. Not a chance. LOL

real talk.

if women want to get married, they should vote to change the archaic alimony and child support laws.
Says the guy who's discovered the key to happiness.

Go ahead LS. Tell them how well this is working for you.

Says the guy who's discovered the key to happiness.

Go ahead LS. Tell them how well this is working for you.

im not sure how what I said elicited that response.

is there anything unreasonable about wanting to change the alimony and child support laws in the US?

im not sure how what I said elicited that response.

is there anything unreasonable about wanting to change the alimony and child support laws in the US?
You don't know? You don't read your own writing? I've scarcely seen a relationship thread where you're not complaining about alimony and child support, how women trap men in order to screw them over, to trap a man and then get fat.

Women simply want security. It's in their biology. Security for their kids and for themselves. Marriage is an institution that provides a woman with a sense that she is loved and is going to stay loved and cared for. It's fearsome to men because they realize that by taking a wife, they have to take on responsibility and lose some control over their bachelorhood.

I called you out, yes. Unprovoked too. So what? I wasn't putting you down. I just asked you a simple question. Can I cal you out for a harmless question? Sure. For all the marital and relationship advice you doll out here, I simply would like to know. How's it working for you?

Tell me to fuck off if you don't want to talk about your personal life. We're just jabbering on about relationships here. I'm not one of the apostles trying to write a new chapter of the bible. I've seen what works and I've seen what doesn't work. I'm 45 years old (well, in a handful of weeks). I've seen a lot over the years. A LOT.

You don't know? You don't read your own writing? I've scarcely seen a relationship thread where you're not complaining about alimony and child support, how women trap men in order to screw them over, to trap a man and then get fat.

Women simply want security. It's in their biology. Security for their kids and for themselves. Marriage is an institution that provides a woman with a sense that she is loved and is going to stay loved and cared for. It's fearsome to men because they realize that by taking a wife, they have to take on responsibility and lose some control over their bachelorhood.

I called you out, yes. Unprovoked too. So what? I wasn't putting you down. I just asked you a simple question. Can I cal you out for a harmless question? Sure. For all the marital and relationship advice you doll out here, I simply would like to know. How's it working for you?

Tell me to fuck off if you don't want to talk about your personal life. We're just jabbering on about relationships here. I'm not one of the apostles trying to write a new chapter of the bible. I've seen what works and I've seen what doesn't work. I'm 45 years old (well, in a handful of weeks). I've seen a lot over the years. A LOT.
**broken link removed**

I typed out a thoughtful addition to this conversation, but my GirlFriend ate it.

LOL @ the admiral there.

You know what? Scratch everything I've said here. This is probably the absolute single worst place a person could come to talk about the importance of things in life like character, sincerity, love, compassion, security, devotion to others, and in all things just being a good, honest person.

This is a bodybuilding board where we all talk about our appearance, our devotion to our appearance, the importance of physical attractiveness, sometimes drug use and often illegal drug use that can be detrimental to our health to that very purpose..

I apologize and probably should pick my spots. This isn't one of them. I stepped away from the board for a while after a few recent deaths that occurred here and it took me some time to truly reevaluate some of my thinking. If anything I said came off as self-righteous or cocky, that's my bad. That wasn't my intention. I really do want what's best for all our members here. You all have to know that by now.

im on the same page.

I've brought enough cynicism to the thread already lol.

back to studying

to be fair

the best and worst thing I have ever done is get married. it seems insane but it also feels awesome.... my wife has gained prob 2-3 pounds for every year we have been married. and we are at 7 years bout now. my bodyweight is EXACTLY the same..... as she gets farther and farther looking from the girl I married I realize over the years I love her more and more. Not cuz of her bodyfat % but bc she is my best friend. my lover. the mother of my children. she washes my clothes. she cleans the toilet I blow up.... like OTH said, we will both be old some day and sex appeal wont matter and abs wont matter... what will matter is that thru it all we stuck together. that's what matters.
-F2S

Ooops... I'd already made this and can't waste it now...

Attachments

• 379df99a055fcda24ffb7562ed56db17.jpg
    379df99a055fcda24ffb7562ed56db17.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 515
No. I wasn't. You just simply took the one line out of my comment that happened to be things that couldn't be helped and convienently left out the first part of what I say which was:

But no matter what the case, whether it be fitness, behavior, idiosyncrasies, she farts in bed, she can't hold her drink, she likes gourmet or tasty foods, these are things that, throughout the long years people are together, learn to live and "love them for who they are". We live in a throw-away society. If the person you love isn't performing to spec, you trade her in on a newer model. This is not love. This is not a relationship. This is a convenience. People are not robots or machines that we make to our specifications. A man that truly loves a woman will do what he can to be what SHE wants. Not get angry because she isn't 100% what he wants. Relationships are about giving.

And who's to say even those things people can help? Look, I didn't come here to rain on anyone's parade. If you want a slim chick that you find sexually attractive, then do that. Find one that will put up with you and all your bullshit and you'll be happy as a pig in shit. Good luck to you on that. What I can tell you is it's never going to happen (at least not for any extraordinary length of time) and that 99.9% of the time one or both of you will fall off the wagon and let's face it: except in very rare circumstances, by 45-50, you're not going to be pulling in those young, tight bunnies anyway. I say, find a girl who is a good housekeeper, a good cook, makes you laugh, a good conversationalist because these are things that will LAST. The rest is fading away one day, one month, one year at a time. You can fight it now, but time will win in the end. And you'll have spent your life working towards.... ? What? A trophy? Admiration? Fighting off your little-man syndrome? What? Out of the thousands, maybe 10's of thousands of couples I've met, I've maybe met one, maybe two happy "fitness/BBing couples".

That's been my experience, and I'm dollars to donuts on the notion that I have as much as (or possibly more than) most of the people commenting on this thread - comments that are so ridiculously superficial that I'm willing to bet NONE of you have a decent, long-lasting, loving relationships with a tight little hardbody that does your bidding. No. Not a chance. LOL

i never said I wanted a fitness chick, because that I do NOT want. I compete in bodybuilding and I am glad my wife is completely removed from the sport. It is filled with very narcissistic and ego driven individuals. I do not want a fat wife, that does not mean my marriage won't last. I know looks fade, and all that jazz. While I am still relatively young, there's no reason to let go of ourselves. I don't need a woman to be a good housekeeper or a good cook. I'm a grown ass man who can do all of that on my own. I don't need a women to be my maid :) I married my wife because she's the most beautiful woman, who rock climbs, hikes and does hobbies I dislike :) we keep our individuality while coming together for mutual hobbies and interests. The point is, obese is the key component in the OP's first post. Unless it's a specific medical reason, there's zero reason for either individual to become obese, zero.

i never said I wanted a fitness chick, because that I do NOT want. I compete in bodybuilding and I am glad my wife is completely removed from the sport. It is filled with very narcissistic and ego driven individuals. I do not want a fat wife, that does not mean my marriage won't last. I know looks fade, and all that jazz. While I am still relatively young, there's no reason to let go of ourselves. I don't need a woman to be a good housekeeper or a good cook. I'm a grown ass man who can do all of that on my own. I don't need a women to be my maid :) I married my wife because she's the most beautiful woman, who rock climbs, hikes and does hobbies I dislike :) we keep our individuality while coming together for mutual hobbies and interests. The point is, obese is the key component in the OP's first post. Unless it's a specific medical reason, there's zero reason for either individual to become obese, zero.
Who are you trying to convince? Whoever said you, and you specifically, wanted a fitness chick? But now that you mention it, isn't a girl that climbs rock fit? The ones that I know are. They're ridiculously fit. I'm not sure what your point is. You sound happy. If she gained weight would you ditch her? It doesn't sound like you would. Sounds like you have a decent thing going. I can only assume she makes you laugh and is a good conversationalist since you conveniently left those out of your reply as well. You seem to read a paragraph and pick and choose what you want to see and not abstract the point being made. Whatever, that's cool though.

FTR, the key component of the OP's first post was that he is annoyed by people that don't stick to their diets/eat clean/etc. You missed that abstraction as well.

When you are getting turn off over the years from your wife or partner of many years because their physical body changed, you never really did marry her for true love. God help you, if your partner of many years got in an accident and was paralyzed. What would you do then, if you couldn't have sex with her or her body depleted from what it use to be? Unlike some of you guys, I didn't marry my wife for her Physical Body, I married her for her heart and soul.

Who are you trying to convince? Whoever said you, and you specifically, wanted a fitness chick? But now that you mention it, isn't a girl that climbs rock fit? The ones that I know are. They're ridiculously fit. I'm not sure what your point is. You sound happy. If she gained weight would you ditch her? It doesn't sound like you would. Sounds like you have a decent thing going. I can only assume she makes you laugh and is a good conversationalist since you conveniently left those out of your reply as well. You seem to read a paragraph and pick and choose what you want to see and not abstract the point being made. Whatever, that's cool though.

FTR, the key component of the OP's first post was that he is annoyed by people that don't stick to their diets/eat clean/etc. You missed that abstraction as well.

I can see discussing anything with you on this matter is very pointless. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Physical attraction needs to be there, and fat/obese people are extremely unattractive. There's a reason why you put fat girls in the friend zone..

LOL @ the admiral there.

You know what? Scratch everything I've said here. This is probably the absolute single worst place a person could come to talk about the importance of things in life like character, sincerity, love, compassion, security, devotion to others, and in all things just being a good, honest person.

This is a bodybuilding board where we all talk about our appearance, our devotion to our appearance, the importance of physical attractiveness, sometimes drug use and often illegal drug use that can be detrimental to our health to that very purpose..

I apologize and probably should pick my spots. This isn't one of them. I stepped away from the board for a while after a few recent deaths that occurred here and it took me some time to truly reevaluate some of my thinking. If anything I said came off as self-righteous or cocky, that's my bad. That wasn't my intention. I really do want what's best for all our members here. You all have to know that by now.
I actually agree with most of what you said. I got married. I'm like a caged monkey with a boner, but I did it. Admiral pic was just too perfect for comedic timing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
muslesarchive11