over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Curcumin: Overhyped trend?

Didn't know it was against the rules to ask for a legal product? You could have just told me without being a dick. If I knew it was against the rules I wouldn't have asked but didn't think it would be since its a legal product.
Anyways I came up with another idea. Found this liquid product, that contains no fillers or inactives, Just VG and triple distilled water: **broken link removed**

Im probably going to try IMing this and seeing how it goes. Can't be too bad compared to some of the oils used in gear or the inj. curc. made from turmeric spice that people are homebrewing. What do you guys think?

Also what do you guys think about LongVida? I keep hearing about all different kinda of oral versions being the 'best' for different reasons. I heard longvida is good

Injectables are highly regulated and ARE NOT legal from the "sources" around here.

Yea because I don't know for sure which works best, I just take a little of both. Actually right now, I'm taking one biomor in the morning, one meriva w/ pipeline mid day, and one novasol before bed. I got the meriva and novasol for really cheap on sale so I figured I'd just do it this way.
biomor which brand is that mate ? not heard of this one

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

Yup need a reference and most wont get one if he is even allowing people to join, id love one too, but im prolly not in the who's who, to even get on there...gl

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

He hasnt added anyone in along time

Ak

He is the site Nazi after all.

Last edited:
Didn't know it was against the rules to ask for a legal product? You could have just told me without being a dick. If I knew it was against the rules I wouldn't have asked but didn't think it would be since its a legal product.
Anyways I came up with another idea. Found this liquid product, that contains no fillers or inactives, Just VG and triple distilled water: **broken link removed**

Im probably going to try IMing this and seeing how it goes. Can't be too bad compared to some of the oils used in gear or the inj. curc. made from turmeric spice that people are homebrewing. What do you guys think?

Did you just say you are going to IM a nonsterile liguid product held in water?
And you wonder why noone is gonna recommend you for a board?? Fuck thats some of the dumbest shit Ive read in a while

First, I will say I am a user and proponent of curcumin. But articles like this make me wonder if its as amazing as we all like to think it is.

Deceptive curcumin offers cautionary tale for chemists : Nature News & Comment

Diverse Effects Of A Low Dose Supplement Of Lipidated Curcumin In Healthy Middle Aged People

Effect Increase
Trial Design Double blind
Trial Length 2-4 Weeks
Number of Subjects 38
Gender Both Genders

Notes for this study:
A very large (40% or so) increase in serum nitric oxide and catalase was noted with curcumin ingestion at 80mg of a lipidated formulation (via 400mg turmeric root) daily for four weeks in otherwise healthy middle aged persons, although the enzyme SOD nor glutathione. Triglycerides and sICAM were slightly reduced and myeloperoxidase slightly increased.

First, I will say I am a user and proponent of curcumin. But articles like this make me wonder if its as amazing as we all like to think it is.

Deceptive curcumin offers cautionary tale for chemists : Nature News & Comment

Efficacy And Safety Of Meriva®, A Curcumin-phosphatidylcholine Complex, During Extended Administration In Osteoarthritis Patients

Effect Increase
Trial Length 6+ Months
Number of Subjects 100
Gender Both Genders
Age Range 45-64
Body Types Overweight, Average

Notes for this study:
Curcumin, dosed at 1,000mg MERIVA (curcumin bound to phosphatidylcholine) taken in two divided dosages of 500mg, was safe and effective over a period of 8 months in alleviating clinical and biochemical symptoms of osteoarthritis in a population of middle-aged (43+/-2) persons with osteoarthritis.

Reductions were noted in IL-6 (27%), IL-1b (65%), and cell adhesion factors.
Product-evaluation Registry Of Meriva®, A Curcumin-phosphatidylcholine Complex, For The Complementary Management Of Osteoarthritis

Effect Increase
Trial Length 1-6 months
Number of Subjects 50
Gender Both Genders
Age Range 45-64, 65+

Notes for this study:
200mg of MERIVA, taken at 200mg daily, was able to reduce symptoms of osteoarthritis and joint pain as assessed by the WOMAC rating scale and improve physical performance.

C-Reactive Protein decreased only in the group with higher CRP at baseline, although to a very large degree (168 to 11.3mg/L)

Oral Supplementation Of Turmeric Decreases Proteinuria, Hematuria, And Systolic Blood Pressure In Patients Suffering From Relapsing Or Refractory Lupus Nephritis: A Randomized And Placebo-controlled Study

Effect Increase
Trial Length 1-6 months
Number of Subjects 24
Gender Both Genders

Notes for this study:
At a dose of 500mg turmeric (22.1mg curcumin) taken thrice a day with meals, turmeric was associated with exerting an anti-inflammatory effect on kidney tissue (shown by reduced pro-inflammatory cytokines) and a reduced systolic blood pressure in a model of nephritis associated with lupus.

Proteinuria was decreased in the experimental group using turmeric.
Oral Supplementation Of Turmeric Attenuates Proteinuria, Transforming Growth Factor-β And Interleukin-8 Levels In Patients With Overt Type 2 Diabetic Nephropathy: A Randomized, Double-blind And Placebo-controlled Study

Effect Increase
Trial Length 1-6 months
Number of Subjects 40
Gender Both Genders
Age Range 45-64

Notes for this study:
In persons with type II diabetic nephropathy (declining kidney function associated with type II diabetes), curcumin at 22.1mg thrice a day (via turmeric) was able to exert anti-inflammatory effects (significant decrease in TGF-β, no significant influence on IL-8 or TNF-a) and decrease proteinuria (protein in the urine) over 2 months.

As you can see the studies above are solid and Tumeric (Curcumin) has its uses. I like the study on the NO2 increase and also the study on the inflammation reduction. But i already take L-Citrulline for NO2 boost and Betain TMG for inflammation. Both with great success.

He hasnt added anyone in along time

Ak

He is the site Nazi after all.
Hahaha yeah thats true, i had a chance a few years ago but blew that as i did something wrong, and never got in, but oh well with time i suppose and cross all appendages ahaha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I currently take life extension super bio there is also the jarrow meriva version which is half the price, and according to some study I read absorbed at a much better rate

Any one whom has taken is meriva the better choice?

I currently take life extension super bio there is also the jarrow meriva version which is half the price, and according to some study I read absorbed at a much better rate

Any one whom has taken is meriva the better choice?

I've just started taking it. Can't form an opinion yet though.

Curc, has done very little for me as far as blood work. As have all OTC. Not worth the money whatsoever. Only thing that has has been manipulation of diet, playing with lower/high protein, fats, and carbs.

Curc, has done very little for me as far as blood work. As have all OTC. Not worth the money whatsoever. Only thing that has has been manipulation of diet, playing with lower/high protein, fats, and carbs.

Not all health improvements are seen through bloodwork. The studies seem to show it helps a lot of things that bloodwork might not indicate. Worth consideration.

What are you using for in regards to your bloodwork? If your looking to reduce liver values then Betain Anhydrous (TMG) is the way to go. Studies listed below...

Impact of Betaine on Hepatic Fibrosis and Homocysteine in Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis - A Prospective, Cohort Study

Effect Decrease
Trial Design Cohort
Trial Length 6+ Months
Number of Subjects 23
Gender Both Genders
Age Range 18-29, 30-44, 45-64, 65+
Body Types Obese, Overweight

Notes for this study:
10g of betaine twice daily over the course of one year in persons with nonalcoholic fatty liver appeared to significantly reduce ALT (), AST (), and ALP () liver enzyme values relative to baseline (no placebo control) with five subjects finding normalization of liver fat.

In an intent to treat analysis, over 90% of subjects reported reductions in liver fat or inflammation in general; 36.4% of subjects who reported benefit to fibrosis scores (11 out of 23) had more than two stages of improvement, and only one subject had a worsening of fibrosis.

Betaine, A Promising New Agent For Patients With Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis: Results Of A Pilot Study

Effect Decrease
Trial Design Cohort
Trial Length 6+ Months
Number of Subjects 7
Gender Both Genders
Age Range 30-44, 45-64
Body Types Overweight

Notes for this study:
Supplementation of betaine at 500mg twice daily over the course of one year was able to fully normalize liver enzymes in three out of seven patients and reduce them by more than 50% in three others, with one nonresponder and the dropouts (before the year the trial lasted) also noting a 38-39% reduction.

Betaine Supplementation Enhances Anabolic Endocrine And Akt Signaling In Response To Acute Bouts Of Exercise

Effect Decrease
Trial Length 1-7 Days
Number of Subjects 12
Gender Male
Age Range 18-29
Body Types Trained, Average

Notes for this study:
Supplementation of betaine at 1.25g twice daily for one week appears to, when exercising in a fasted state, increase IGF-1 (7.8%) and reduce cortisol concentrations (6.1%) and nonsignificantly increase growth hormone (6.1%) relative to placebo.

This study noted that the decrease in Akt/P70S6K signalling (anabolic signalling) during exercise was attenuated with betaine, but AMPK was not affected.

Not all health improvements are seen through bloodwork. The studies seem to show it helps a lot of things that bloodwork might not indicate. Worth consideration.

I've done the consideration. Used several times and see no benefit for cost with my genetics.

What are you using for in regards to your bloodwork? If your looking to reduce liver values then Betain Anhydrous (TMG) is the way to go. Studies listed below...

Impact of Betaine on Hepatic Fibrosis and Homocysteine in Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis - A Prospective, Cohort Study

EffectDecrease

Trial DesignCohort

Trial Length6+ Months

Number of Subjects23

GenderBoth Genders

Age Range18-29, 30-44, 45-64, 65+

Body TypesObese, Overweight

Notes for this study:

10g of betaine twice daily over the course of one year in persons with nonalcoholic fatty liver appeared to significantly reduce ALT (), AST (), and ALP () liver enzyme values relative to baseline (no placebo control) with five subjects finding normalization of liver fat.

In an intent to treat analysis, over 90% of subjects reported reductions in liver fat or inflammation in general; 36.4% of subjects who reported benefit to fibrosis scores (11 out of 23) had more than two stages of improvement, and only one subject had a worsening of fibrosis.

Betaine, A Promising New Agent For Patients With Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis: Results Of A Pilot Study

EffectDecrease

Trial DesignCohort

Trial Length6+ Months

Number of Subjects7

GenderBoth Genders

Age Range30-44, 45-64

Body TypesOverweight

Notes for this study:

Supplementation of betaine at 500mg twice daily over the course of one year was able to fully normalize liver enzymes in three out of seven patients and reduce them by more than 50% in three others, with one nonresponder and the dropouts (before the year the trial lasted) also noting a 38-39% reduction.

Betaine Supplementation Enhances Anabolic Endocrine And Akt Signaling In Response To Acute Bouts Of Exercise

EffectDecrease

Trial DesignDouble blind

Trial Length1-7 Days

Number of Subjects12

GenderMale

Age Range18-29

Body TypesTrained, Average

Notes for this study:

Supplementation of betaine at 1.25g twice daily for one week appears to, when exercising in a fasted state, increase IGF-1 (7.8%) and reduce cortisol concentrations (6.1%) and nonsignificantly increase growth hormone (6.1%) relative to placebo.

This study noted that the decrease in Akt/P70S6K signalling (anabolic signalling) during exercise was attenuated with betaine, but AMPK was not affected.

I have full panels run twice a year by my doctor that checks kidney, liver, and heart function. On top of labs I get done for myself on specific things. I have not used Betaine as stated this way. Might give it a try. Thanks. I think for the most part people spend WAY too much on supplements and need to focus more on cardiovascular conditioning and reducing stress. Including obsessing over the next supplement or blood work.

I have full panels run twice a year by my doctor that checks kidney, liver, and heart function. On top of labs I get done for myself on specific things. I have not used Betaine as stated this way. Might give it a try. Thanks. I think for the most part people spend WAY too much on supplements and need to focus more on cardiovascular conditioning and reducing stress. Including obsessing over the next supplement or blood work.

Unfortunately for some of us, stress is our middle name.

And that has nothing to do with the bodybuilding/fitness lifestyles we've chosen.

See i like what i read here on this study...

I take HGH at 5iu a day and we all know you need a healthy liver to convert HGH to IGF-1 properly. So i believe that taking betaine (TMG) with my HGH is very beneficial.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
scrawl
NapsGear