over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing (bulking) at 50+ and injured

To each his own....277lbs at age 50 and looking to get heavier....that is a first.
Its not rocket science...more food and more drugs.

I am the last to preach but chasing weight at 50 is never a good move. Nor is adding 600mg tren to a bulking cycle. But let's forget about that for 1 second as it's your life and you can do what you want. But just speaking from a results perspective and looking at your pics the last thing you need to be doing is upping calories and drugs. Getting to a certain weight is not going to make you look better on stage later in the year. It will likely even go against you as you will have to diet more to get the added fluff off. Your bodyfat is already at a level I wouldn't recommend adding to.

You look good but I would be looking at refining and more on quality than quantity right now. I also agree if you must "bulk" up then sensible usage of hgh and slin would be better for you than adding more aas. In fact I would recommend adding them in and dropping your aas doses. Good luck with everything.

I am one of those people that actually gets older with age. But all I have is 40+ years of working out. With at least 35 of those training all out. And I find age is more then a state of mind.....or at least my body tells me so, but maybe I shouldn't listen to it.

6' tall. almost 280.
and 12 percent body fat....
how much bigger do u want to get? over 300?
as was said, that's gonna create health issues.
guys at my gym are like u. their docs yell at them about their bloods and bp but they dont care. and pushing the weights may lead to further tendon issues.
if i had your stats, and im "only" 48, man, i'd lean out to 10 percent and be a godam beast. ur numbers are impressive enough as it is.

Bloods are fine, BP is 140/70 so pretty good, slightly raised creatinine, BPO was higher when using GH but the water retention will account for that, I used 5iu GH 5 days a week from July to december last year to heal the bicep tendon rupture. Having read the posts in reply (and thank you to all) especially yours, i reckon youre right and 280 ish at 50 is big enough. Thing is i only started bodybuilding proper 4 years ago so a very late starter due to work commitments and travel. I have a need to compete and will in november so maybe a slow cut and consolidation of what I have is the key. If I can sit on 240 ish at around 7 % then I will be very happy. Thanks for the honesty.:)

I am the last to preach but chasing weight at 50 is never a good move. Nor is adding 600mg tren to a bulking cycle. But let's forget about that for 1 second as it's your life and you can do what you want. But just speaking from a results perspective and looking at your pics the last thing you need to be doing is upping calories and drugs. Getting to a certain weight is not going to make you look better on stage later in the year. It will likely even go against you as you will have to diet more to get the added fluff off. Your bodyfat is already at a level I wouldn't recommend adding to.

You look good but I would be looking at refining and more on quality than quantity right now. I also agree if you must "bulk" up then sensible usage of hgh and slin would be better for you than adding more aas. In fact I would recommend adding them in and dropping your aas doses. Good luck with everything.

Thanks for the reply and the advice. i have been looking at HGH but not necessarily with the slin (very apprehensive to be fair), i know that HGH will blunt the insulin response but have seen so much conflicting information about dosage, timings and running it with AAS that I have been put off completely. HGH just after waking starting at 2iu running up to 6iu 5 on 2 off, 10iu slin after training (but what type) etc etc etc.......i've read on this forum that humalog will kill....dont know whether to lol at that or not?? What would your advice be with regards to a course, duration, dosage and timing. Thanks again.:)

You Guys are funny!
50's Old, well for most I guess. A lot of people are old by 30.
I have buddys that were calling them selves old at 40, when I just got back into bodybuilding. Since then the Last 10yrs have been my best!
Sure I cant do what I could at 30 but that was still 10x more than Most.

Age is in A big way A state of mind. As long as you keep active, eat well and have a positive attitude you can excel well past 50.
Now I do agree that pushin heavy dosages and being way overweight will take yrs off your life you can still go by how you feel!
We all don't age the Same!
My extreme Cardio and low bodyfat levels serve me well. Again downsizing to 250 @ 6% is perfect for my height and needs minimal juice and Food to Maintain. I still have the Drive to push past that as there would be no motivation.
I plan on bringin my Best this Summer at 49 1/2....

By your photos though you could drop 30 lbs easily as those Calipers must be Broken.

Photos were taken 12 months ago and am leaner now and in better shape. I lift better now then when I was younger because i lift smarter and stricter. Yes i love pushing weight but am resigned to that fact that i cant do it all the time as the CNS will suffer and it will become counterproductive. How do you maintain 250 at 6%?

Calipers wear out after years of using them ED.
And guessing your BF by what "you think it is" is never accurate.

And in some cases both the scale and the calipers are not accurate.

Rambling on and on all the time is the end result.

We all know what's BS and it's good for a laugh, but realize it's just
another exaggeration.

-MT

I have A real Fast Metabolism and work physical Labor most of the Year.

I tore a Pec myself in March, went from weighing 265 and putting up 425 to 1 Arm reps with 10 lbs! Slowly worked up 10 pds a Week but will never Go Heavy Again!
Still By June I was 245 my lightest in A while but Semi-ripped by some standards.
Go for the Illusion of size other than Pure Bulk!

Plus Congrats on your Height, No amount of muscle makes up for being vertically challenged!!!

Attachments

• greg back.JPG
    greg back.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

I tore a Pec myself in March, went from weighing 265 and putting up 425 to 1 Arm reps with 10 lbs! Slowly worked up 10 pds a Week but will never Go Heavy Again!
Still By June I was 245 my lightest in A while but Semi-ripped by some standards.

Plus Congrats on your Height, No amount of muscle makes up for being vertically challenged!!!

Awesome back Concreter! Keep it up! And you still have your freaking hair!!!!

Bloods are fine, BP is 140/70 so pretty good, slightly raised creatinine, BPO was higher when using GH but the water retention will account for that, I used 5iu GH 5 days a week from July to december last year to heal the bicep tendon rupture. Having read the posts in reply (and thank you to all) especially yours, i reckon youre right and 280 ish at 50 is big enough. Thing is i only started bodybuilding proper 4 years ago so a very late starter due to work commitments and travel. I have a need to compete and will in november so maybe a slow cut and consolidation of what I have is the key. If I can sit on 240 ish at around 7 % then I will be very happy. Thanks for the honesty.:)

BP 140 is NOT good. :confused:

I don't feel old at 59 but I do feel like I am smarter......

I learn more everyday the older i get. But this damn body feels old AF. Is there a place we can go to transfer consciousness into a new cloned 25 year old version of our body?

Awesome back pic!!!

I am one of those people that actually gets older with age. But all I have is 40+ years of working out. With at least 35 of those training all out. And I find age is more then a state of mind.....or at least my body tells me so, but maybe I shouldn't listen to it.

yeah me too, the state of mind thing is true to a certain extent, but father time is relentless and wear and tear is real.

I learn more everyday the older i get. But this damn body feels old AF. Is there a place we can go to transfer consciousness into a new cloned 25 year old version of our body?

Watching altered carbon again on Netflix?!?! ;)

Gents,

Your advice is welcomed. Now 50 and 6 months post bicep tendon surgery. I am 6 feet tall and 277 lbs, 12 to 14% bf according to calipers. My arm has healed well and there is still bicep atrophy but im working on it, still a slightly larger gap at the elbow. Been in the gym for 20+ years, been dabbling with juice for 10 and using "properly" for 4, gone from 210 to current 277 in 4 years. Currently off season bulking "or trying" for first show mid november. Current dosage is 750 test cyp, 600 eq 600 tren, protein approx 350g, carbs approx 450g, fats approx 150 to 200g. The thing is i'm stuck at this weight and thinking of switching up to 1000 test e, 750 decca, 600 tren, maybe with var 4 on 4 off and poss 2-4 iu hgh. I will clearly have up the cals and carbs intake accordingly. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Regardless of age, I understand the drive to compete. If your show is mid november (9 months) I'd focus of building quality muscle for the next 5 months and not be concerned with scale weight. Your bf is already at the upper limit so I'd hold off on slin. Test base, an anabolic, and depending on your boodwork, throw in an oral. I'm not a fan of tren but if used, save it for the last six weeks in prep. Last piece of advice, keep some form of cardio in. Taking care of ticker becomes more and more important as we age. Good luck

Thanks Concreter and point taken about the illusion of size rather than mass for the sake of it. I have decided that my weight is my weight and will start to consolidate and lean out. I reckon that I will drop the doses by 30% to start with and see what happens. What are you thoughts on hgh? To be fair i have never considered slin and am very dubious about it. Im lying about the height by the way.....i measured my self the other week and am a shade under 6 feet now and have shrunk a bit, but 6 feet deffo sounds better than 5,11 1/2".....your back looks great btw.

Last edited:
Regardless of age, I understand the drive to compete. If your show is mid november (9 months) I'd focus of building quality muscle for the next 5 months and not be concerned with scale weight. Your bf is already at the upper limit so I'd hold off on slin. Test base, an anabolic, and depending on your boodwork, throw in an oral. I'm not a fan of tren but if used, save it for the last six weeks in prep. Last piece of advice, keep some form of cardio in. Taking care of ticker becomes more and more important as we age. Good luck

Thanks for the advice jbone, I have stayed well away from slin and i think i will continue to do so. What are your thoughts on HGH? So considering your advice how about a test e, decca and var course? I say var instead of dbol as dbol seems to bloat me and i get bad lower back pumps when ive used it. I will put more bike work in as walking is difficult due to heel reconstruction (pins, plates and screws).

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131