advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Waxy Maize. Perfect pwo carb? Anything better?

lol. "sugar free". yeah..... okay.... and your whey is amino acid freee... ?? hahah

i prefer to eat some sugary treats like frosted flakes or swedish fish or some kind of fat free candy or ice cream post workout along with a few scoops of whey isolate. same exact results as "WAXY MAIZE STARCH" (expensive useless overhyped bullshit) but yet i actually get to taste and eat my carbs..

Have you ever tried WM?

In your opinion its overhyped bullshit. From my own day to day use of WM, I wouldn't give it up and particularly for ice cream or frosted flakes. I don't want to re-type what Homonuculus typed on IM, but he really hit the nail on the head about restoring muscle glycogen post training and actually kinda throws out a challenge to those who have never used WM. Use it for a week and start keeping track. See how you feel, energy levels, weight, ect.

All I can say is this. I know how I feel when I use it. I know how I look when I use it. I know what Scott looks like and I have never seen a pic of you soooooo.....yeah I stick with my useless, overhyped bullshit.:D

head about restoring muscle glycogen post training

I use WM, I've never gone without a post-workout drink. BUT I've always wondered how it was possible for a person to to need to restore their glycogen stores after only 20-30 of intense weight training - which is actually a lot less time of intense activities since all the rest periods. Just something I've always pondered.

I was thinkin about switchin to 16oz of V8 fusion. Thats 2 full servings of fruits and veggies as well as 60g sugar.

I have been using this for my PWO. I notice no difference and I love the accai berry / blue berry flavor.

Does it make any sense to take 50g WMS along with 10g BCAA's during training but after working out have 60g dextrose with 2 scoops whey isolate??
or there will be too much sugar present?

lol. "sugar free". yeah..... okay.... and your whey is amino acid freee... ?? hahah

i prefer to eat some sugary treats like frosted flakes or swedish fish or some kind of fat free candy or ice cream post workout along with a few scoops of whey isolate. same exact results as "WAXY MAIZE STARCH" (expensive useless overhyped bullshit) but yet i actually get to taste and eat my carbs..

WM works, plain and simple.
I take 40g PWO with 4 Tbspn LBA's, and it's magic.
I'm hungry within 20-30 miutes, then I eat a solid meal.
If you think $3.39 per pound is expensive, then look at how you much you pay for your ice cream or frosted flakes.
If you're eating ice cream or candy after a workout, you should reallly try the WM before you slam it.

Last edited:
do we need WMS to replenish glycogen ? i don't think so .

i definitely like wms and it makes me feel less full . pwo i want to get the carbs that i need quick . wms digests so much faster than maltodextrin . although it doesn't make a difference on restoring glycogen , i favor it because it is so much easier to digest :)

wake

I've used it before and I liked it but the only thing is that it tore up my stomach terrabley..... bloated all the fucking time... I almost couldn't stand it!!! It could have been the brand possibly.... what brands do some of you guys use and have you experienced the same thing???

I've used it before and I liked it but the only thing is that it tore up my stomach terrabley..... bloated all the fucking time... I almost couldn't stand it!!!

how much powder (grams) were you using and how much water with that ? most get bloated and feel like you because they don't even use nowhere near as much water as they should . for example , i recommend for every 100g of waxy or any other carb powder >>> 2 liters of water . this is just a tad above half a gallon . if this stuff is too concentrated it will slow down gastric emptying .

wake

how much powder (grams) were you using and how much water with that ? most get bloated and feel like you because they don't even use nowhere near as much water as they should . for example , i recommend for every 100g of waxy or any other carb powder >>> 2 liters of water . this is just a tad above half a gallon . if this stuff is too concentrated it will slow down gastric emptying .

wake

I'll have to try that..... I was just adding it into my protein shakes.... So that might explain it..... thanks for the info bro.....

I really don't know how people can comment on something they have never tried.
Anyway my pre-post work out mix has evolved over the last 10 years from met-rx/carboforce, whey ion grapejuice, malto/dextrose and hydrowhey and whey ion mix...to pepto pro and waxy with glycerol and sea salt CEE etc.
I could go into details on why..but let's just say in a few years the mix may differ again with a higher molecular weight starch and protein complex advanced.

you guys ever try a banana, they are amazing. make sure you take the peel off. 59cents lb.

someone suggested to me to sip WM during my workout total of 80grms then take 50grms isolate after w/o......I now prefer this method to the old.....get really good pumps this way too...dont get blaoted either cus im not mixing it with the protein.

Last edited:
I know some guys want me to comment but i stay out of these threads because my company sells it and I absolutely never want to look like I am pushing something on anyone. Thats extremely important to me that I never look like a Bill Phillips kind of person.

In fact I would say it is very rare you will ever see me commenting on a supplement thread due to the above fact unless it just to clear up some confusion i see in a thread (ala protein powders sometimes)

I let the informed consumer make up his mind and I just say nothing.

This is how I like to give my opinion on the matter.

Staples are a good protein powder and creatine...that should be in ever bodybuilders arsenal.......after that I never want to see a person break their bank to acquire something....money is important especially in this recession....if you do have the money to spend...then my suggestion is to read all you can about a product, make the deductive reasoning that its for you or not for you....and try it out and see what you think.

someone suggested to me to sip WM during my workout total of 80grms then take 50grms isolate after w/o......I now prefer this method to the old.....get really good pumps this way too...dont get blaoted either cus im not mixing it with the protein.

to add to this i have found sipping gatorade with lba's or just some glycerol with do the samething. give it a try. i have tried them both and didnt see any difference.

I just buy the protein with the waxy maize already in it. Optimum's seem to help me recover fast and the price isn't bad. I use that with a scoop of Muscle Milk for the taste. I use Pro Blend 55 and sometimes an isolate as well.

huh

Waxy maize is a marketing ploy in my opinion.

Why would I need to get carbs. into me (i.e. raise my blood sugar) faster than some candy or a Gatorade would do?

What's the GI/GL of WMS anyway?

You don't build your muscle only in the first thirty seconds after starting to eat/drink your PWO meal/drink.

The whole point of WM is that it feeds your muscles with complex carbs quickly without raising your blood sugar sky high.

It's a fact that your muscles need to replenish glycogen used during workout.

Simple sugars not used are stored as fat and cause rise and fall of blood sugar.

Kind of a no brainer if you ask me.

Just from experience WM satisfies my craving but does not give me a sugar buzz and it makes me feel full and pumped.

I think if your using GH you want to avoid specific sugars(cant remember which) but other than that, I dont think it makes a HUGE diff.

I really don't know how people can comment on something they have never tried.
Anyway my pre-post work out mix has evolved over the last 10 years from met-rx/carboforce, whey ion grapejuice, malto/dextrose and hydrowhey and whey ion mix...to pepto pro and waxy with glycerol and sea salt CEE etc.
I could go into details on why..but let's just say in a few years the mix may differ again with a higher molecular weight starch and protein complex advanced.

I remember writing this post over a year and a half ago-one post that convinced me that liquid nutrition and the type of ingredients was integral for me. http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showpost.php?p=244968&postcount=154
Almost exactly one year to the date of that post I took a seven day cruise out of Port Canaveral FL in Feb 2008 of this year. The post linked tells of the crash I had from the lack of my normal ingredients.
The difference this time was I shipped down a box full of all my vitamin and mineral and protein carb supplements beforehand to relatives. I spent a few days with them in Orlando and then boarded me ship with my shaker bottleand bags of powders and 7 bottles mixed in each bottle for the day's requirements. Same cruise line same diet a little better gym and with my supplements with tons of complex foods I was constantly full of energy and felt pumped for hours after the work outs vs having that sugar rush and crash from fruit.
EACH one of us has a different metabolism and handles foods differently via allergies glucose metabolism etc....
The only way to test something is to try it yourself and see. If I ate breakfast cereal and chocolate milk after a work out I'd be two of the seven dwarves only you'd call me "CRASHY" from the dive in blood sugar and then "GASSY" from the lactose in the milk...

The whole point of WM is that it feeds your muscles with complex carbs quickly without raising your blood sugar sky high.

It's a fact that your muscles need to replenish glycogen used during workout.

Simple sugars not used are stored as fat and cause rise and fall of blood sugar.

Kind of a no brainer if you ask me.

Just from experience WM satisfies my craving but does not give me a sugar buzz and it makes me feel full and pumped.

There is only one type of carbohydrate in the bloodstream: glucose. There is no difference in how it's stored if you compare dextrose to waxy maize or maltodextrin (complex carbs). Waxy Maize causes a quick rise in blood sugar and a HUGE boost in insulin. Just read the Vitargo site. Unless someone wants to claim Vitargo and Waxy Maize are nothing alike? The advantage of high MW carbs is that they are a bit quicker in restoring muscle glycogen (however after 4 hours there's no difference when comparing dex with waxy) and easier on the stomach. You do not have to have full glycogen stores to build muscle. It's in fact possible to build muscle without carbs at all so it's not a must, especially not a must to restore glycogen in just a few minutes after a workout. Advantageous? Perhaps.

Milos "the insulin expert" says there's no advantage to high mw carbs if you drink less than 75 grams at a time. For whatever it's worth.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
reachbusinessdirectdubai@
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws