over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bovine Colostrum

littleguy

Registered
Bovine Colostrum does anyone take it? or have any experience with it?

Its been proven to do absolutely NOTHING in humans. Just read some research in a magazine, or maybe it was on one of those scientific TV shows.

It has no effect on anabolism, protein synthesis, or weight gain. They said it might have other beneficial effects in humans (more testing is required), but promoting muscle strength/gain and increasing endurance or any other athletic ability is not one of them.

Sorry guys, all that Muscle Milk u been drinking is just making some schmuck richer and u fatter.

sorry :(

Here are my thoughts in regards to LITTLEGUYS last link he posted http://www.colostrumresearch.org/Col...thFactors.html

Below is the only part of that long article where I could see they actually claim bovine colostrum works in HUMANS:

Otherwise they leave out "bovine" and just say "Colustrum does this, Colustrum does that", or they say "Gh has been shown to do this, IGF has been shown to do that in human research studies".

Funny how they dont say "Bovine Colustrum does this in humans", "Bovine IGF-1 does that in humans..."

You guys see what I am talking about?

Even in this paragraph, the last 2 sentences which have been highlighted in BOLD to allow u to see it better - do not specifically say "BOVINE IGF has been shown...." they only say "IGF has been shown..."

very very misleading IMO

Here is the quote:

In a recent study it was shown that oral supplementation with bovine colostrum enhances the recovery process following physical exercise or exertion. Thus it allows harder training with improved recovery. Two further studies have shown that bovine colostrum has positive effect on maximal power output - increases vertical jump performance and improves rowing performance in elite female rowers. It has been demonstrated in laboratory studies that IGF-1 can promote an increase of up to 15% in muscle mass and a 14% increase in strength. Further, it has been shown that IGF-1, through its action via growth hormone, can retard the aging process including: decreasing cardiovascular associated mortality, reduce osteoporosis and have a very positive effect on brain function.

First off, in the big article (part of which is posted above) they do not mention where they get their information. They say "a recent study showed this", "an abstract showed that". No where do they specifically note which study or whatever goes with what fact they are allegedly quoting; as any good writer would have done.

Second, once you read thru the whole article (where some of the facts have been altered, reworded, or otherwise taken out of context to mislead you on how good Bovine Colostrum is) they list 27 references where they supposedly got their information.

After reading thru the TITLE of all the references, and likewise seeing in which journal or publication they came out in, only 3 appear to apply to what was quoted above.

They are:

18. Mero, A., Mikklulainen, H., Riski, J., Pakkanen, R., Aalto, J., Takala, T. (1997). Effects of Bovine Colostrum Supplementation on Serum IGF-1, IgG, Hormone and Saliva IgA During Training. J. Apll. Physiol. 83(4): 1144-1151.

19. Buckley, J. D., Abbott, M., Martin, S., Brinkworth, G., Whyte, P. (1988). Effect of an Oral Bovine Colostrum Supplement on Running Performance. Abstract from: 1988 Australian Conference of Science and Medicine in Sport, Adelaide, South Australia, October, 1988.

20. Buckley, J.D., Brinkworth, G.D., Bourdon, P.C., Gulbin, J., Stilwell, E.J., David,A., Myers, N. (1999) Oral Supplementation with Bovine Colostrum Improves Rowing Performance in Elite Female Rowers. Abstract presented at the 5th I.O.C. World Congress on Sports Sciences, Sydney, Australia. October, 1999.

Thats all. All the other 24 cited references have to do with Cattle, calves, piglets and/or other animals.

** Now to actually research those 3 listed above and see if they are scientifically accurate and were performed/recorded properly....

ok let me ask why do you think it was in the regime I listed? Also Lee Haney has a product with its ingredient? anybody else have any input?

http://www.prosource.net/product.jsp?path=-1|21|14039&id=21160

i used it from the feed store for keeping your cattle E. coli free and i thought it helped my immune system A LOT, but no "extra" muscle than i got from my shakes without it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
cam2435
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws