over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First Woman's Physique Pro Show

anthrogeekuconn

IFBB PRO / DOUBLE Featured Member / Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Registered
So, what do you guys think about the woman's physique division so far? What's your feeling on the first ever WP's pro show first call out?

Personally, I'm disappointed that DLB wasn't in the 1st line-up, but I must say Jilly is looking pretty good.

wphy.callout1.mov - YouTube

These contests just leave me confused. But focused :).

Figure, Physique, Fitness, BB?

It seems to be a moving and overlapping target as to what is what. And at 48 I have been watching these shows since they began in the 80s. Back when Corey Everson was ugly and Monica Brandt was pretty.

Wow, quite the shocker for me!
KARINA NASCIMENTO won, I would not have picked someone this soft. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the pro shows go this year. I'm disappointed they are going for this small and soft. These women's divisions are nutty!

Last edited:
I had so hoped that this new class would realy help clear things up and set a certain look that judges look for but I think it may have just muddied the waters!!
the girl that won wasn't realy any bigger definatly no harder that pro figure girls !! I thought this class was going to be like a step up from figure size and condition wise toward bodybuilding but it appears not.
I hate that women bust their butts to get into what appears to be perfect condition for their class according to the last show only to get judged against for being to hard WTF!!
I saw three figure shows last year one of which the girl that won had competed in bikini just 2 week earlier !! not knocking bikini class but she was very very soft compared to the restof the figure girls , the following show the judges chose a woman that was crazy lean and very dry , the last show they wanted soft again!

the real sad part is the judges were damn near all the same people!!

makes me sick that this sport is seemingly so political

Agree with everyone's comments. It looks like the 1st and 2nd place winners were softer than Jillian and Dana....so I guess that's what they want in Women's physique???? Dana was the only one out of the four that had visible abs and she was definitely packing more muscle this time around, but not enough to look like a bodybuilder!??!!! So what in the h*ll happened? What do they really want?? :confused:

By the way ...Jillians shoulder caps looked amazing!!

IMO the top 3 girls looked no different then any other figure competitor. Dana has the look that I think should be representing women physique. She's clearly not figure and definitely not bodybuilding. Dana was robbed IMO but hey I'm no IFBB judge. I personally see no difference in this class and figure except the posing if u go by the placings.

I believe the reason she did not win was politics...the more i talk to people in the sport about it the more grossed out i am. What i thought bodybuilding was growing up is so fucken different then what it really is. Obviously there are really good people in the sport, but its just so fucken different then i thought.

the girl that won probably blew one of the judges if not all of them...wouldn't doubt it ha.

I am so happy to hear you guys agree that the judging was way off. And I agree, the first and second place winners looked like figure girls!
It really sucks for the women who bust their asses to compete, and get shafted by shitty judging, or rather by shitty consistency in judging.

IFBB pro figure competitor Danielle Kifer is a trainer at my gym and ive seen her go though the same thing , she shows up like chiseled stone and the winner looks like a "leanish" bikini she shows up for the next show a little softer and the judges want the hard dry look.
It always baffeled me then when i heard about Physique i though thats exactly what the sport needed and now it apears the same way.

I know its very political and i've probably boned myself for voicing my oppinion about the NPC Chairman for Louisiana's show. Ive been told since then that i'll never place well due to that because he is a judge.

its sad that your noting getting judged on your effor and what you bring to the stage

My GF and I were keeping up with the Desert Classic real time. We both were super excited about the WPD. Then the first call out. Sad story.
It was my understanding this division was going to be a step above Figure, ala Dana Linn Bailey. What the judges wanted was way different then previously stated. There's a definite disconnect when the ladies are shoving food in to soften up at the last second. I am very displeased with the direction the division took that day and with the top winners. You can say theres no difference between them and Figure, however, I feel they were even poor representations for Figure. I feel the best ones were the ones who didn't place.
I feel bad for Dana, as she thought she finally found her place. Such a disappointment she must feel.
I think Dana's physique was truly amazing.
My GF and I both were excited about the division and now not so much.
Hopefully criteria will be further clarified and results will meet expectations. If the winning physique is what will represent this division, then I feel there is no need for this division and will only further add to the confusion and keep girls perplexed and disappointed.

We shall see what the future holds.

My wife & I were shocked & disgusted at the inconsistencies between the supposed criteria/standard and the placements.

I recall an interview with DLB about a week ago where she was saying that judges were saying miscularity & definition should be about 20% more than fitness, but retain grace & femininity...

I don't see that based on the results of this 1st pro show for the division. Hopefully they sort this out before it becomes an even bigger joke.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Dana Lynn Bailey Needs Her Own Division

Shes awesome for the sport, looks awesome, seems to have a great personality as well...

I thought DLB was what WPD was supposed to be about. Not a soft girl w/ a wide waist. I'm very confused as to what they want for WPD as they did not choose a winner based on the standards they set for that division.

From Seth Feroce on another board, IIRC, he was Dana's trainer when she won her pro card, before Jose.

Geezus some of you guys dont get it!
Dana would have murdered the show just like she did when she won her pro card, if she was softer, less conditioned and didnt pose as hard. This is NOT FUCKING BBing. Its not 80s BBing, it Women's Physique! The criteria is stated as such so down the road they dont have these geared out bitches on stage looking like fucking dudes prancing around acting sexy! The IFBB wants sexy Feminine muscle. Girls with pretty faces and an art of posing. If Dana was to win that would have sent a message saying we want "this", she was hard, vascular, striated, beautifully put together but too much going on....... Dana is a freak of nature, genetically gifted. She doesnt have to do things others do; therefore she has an edge! With her winning this would lead to other women taking things they should NOT take and take away their Femininity....Catching on yet?? READ THE DIRECTIONS!!
The judges have a vision of what they want and it just hasnt come out yet. They have to choose from whats on stage at that show. They awarded the person closes to the criteria on that day!

I think there is probably going to be some bumps and bruises as they figure out exactly what they want in this new division. I personally like the leaner look.

I am surprised at how many of you thought it was going to be judged different. When i saw Dana's pic from a few days out the first thing I said was.....to hard...to lean...to much muscle showing...she should have just went right into bodybuilding .....now I know she thought this was going to be the look the judges wanted...or why else would she train/diet to look this way...but I saw this coming...I just had the feeling that it was going to be a little tiny step up from figure.

However..its the first show...I am sure even the judges are not sure what they are going to be looking for from here on out. And just like mens and womens bodybuilding...what they are looking for is going to change like the wind.....

I dont think the IFBB was as clear as they could be on what they were looking for....what they did state that they did not want to see any striations!! Which should of told everyone right then and there that coming into a show as hard and as lean as Dana did was not going to place her all that well.

I am not sure what happend to Dana's legs...she def needs to add some more size to them so that they catch up with her upper body...she has improved them but still need some work...also they looked alittle washed out to me when she was on stage....I have seen them looking better in the off season to tell you the truth....this could of been a mistake she made with her diet the last day or so or with something the last night or day before the show....but they were not spot on like the rest of her body.

I am telling you now tho...what they judges are "looking for" right now...is not what they are going to be looking for next year...its going to change....in which direction...well who knows...but like I said if its anything like mans bodybuilding it could change like the weather. But not knowing ...or not being 100% sure what the judges are looking for making training for a show very stressful. This is why my girl and I have choose to give it alittle more time to see if they figure out it alittle more before she competes in this divsion

However Dana was to hard...to vascular and striated to even get into the first call out....had she "toned" it down alittle...(and she will you will see) she would have taken 1st hands down.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws