over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ladies critique please

hotttsauce

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ladies (and Dudes) critique please

I have a friend who is very much into working out but has been training completely wrong. Everybody part on the same day 5 times a week. 3 sets, tons of movements, 15 reps, you know, the usual.

Her upper body is simply amazing, great guns, lean, hard 6 pack abs, etc.

The pear syndrome (what she calles it) is not extreme and she has decent shape, but is having difficulty getting into that bikini the way she wants. I am sure the ladies know what she means lingo wise, the female lingo escapes me sometimes :p . An apple bottom maybe? Little bit of thigh issues.

I was trying to put together a program for her that works with her schedule and is pretty brutal and radical considering she has been doing the same thing year after year. Thought about 4-6 weeks of a super set (Rest/Pause) type of regime might shock her body a lil. Of course she will be substituting different movements from week to week but this is what I have suggested.

Day 1
Chest and Biceps
Chest
1 set Presses – 20 - ? - ?
1 set Fly’s – 20 - ? - ?
Biceps
1 set Alternating Dumbbell Curls – 20 - ? - ?
1 set Bar Curls – 20 - ? - ?

Day 2
Legs and Calves
Legs
1 set Extensions – 30 -? - ?
1 set Curls – 30 –? - ?
1 set Leg Presses – 30 - ? - ?
1 set Step Ups – 30 - ? - ?
1 set Stiff Legged Dead Lifts – 30 - ? - ?
1 set Abduction/Adduction – 30 - ? - ?
Calves
1 set calves – 30 reps

Day 3
Shoulders/Triceps
Shoulders
1 set Frontal Raises – 20 - ? - ?
1 set Lateral Raises – 20 - ? - ?
1 set Rear Laterals – 20 - ? - ?
1 set Overhead Press with Dumbbells – 20 - ? - ?
Triceps
1 set Pushdowns – 20 - ? - ?
1 set Machine – 20 - ? - ?

Day 4
Back and Traps
Back
1 set Pulldowns Front – 20 - ? - ?
1 set Pull downs rear – 20 - ? - ?
Traps
1 set Shrugs – 20 - ? - ?

Her upper body develops EASILY so she doesn't want to over do it. I know I am pretty extreme with the legs. The ?-? means the first set is the rep count 8 seconds, then same weight and whatever she gets she gets, then 8 seconds and hits as many as she can again.

Rest/Pause is what I call it. She has great form, mechanics, etc.

Cardio

4.0 degree – 3.2 - 1 minute
3.6 – 1 minute
4.2 – 1 minute
Repeat
Once she hits 45 for one week, move degree up .5 every week until at 6.0 degree
Cardio 5-6 nights a week (if possible).

Ladies please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't believe that women need to approach lifting differently than men. I would set her up on a routine similar to whatever has been effective for you at one time or another, using a split that fits her schedule. If her upper continues to outgrow her lower, have her reduce volume and/or frequency of upper body workouts. Compound lifts for lower, focus on getting stronger from week to week.

I don't believe that women need to approach lifting differently than men. I would set her up on a routine similar to whatever has been effective for you at one time or another, using a split that fits her schedule. If her upper continues to outgrow her lower, have her reduce volume and/or frequency of upper body workouts. Compound lifts for lower, focus on getting stronger from week to week.

Thanks Phoenix! My thoughts as well, but she seems to just have some tricky issues and we are giving this a try to see what happens for about 4-6 weeks, then I am going to modify appropriately.

I'm with Phoenix

If you took a pole of most the women on this board, you will find that most all of the train just like guys do. There might be a few who believe differently, but there really isn't a difference in the way men and women should train. The difference is hormonal which means a women can't bulk up to a man size naturally because she doesn't have the hormones to do it.

So now rethinking your routine for her ask yourself... How would you tell a male friend to work?

Sassy brings up a good point. Even the most gifted woman (in terms of naturally high test levels for a female), still only has a fraction of the test a man has (this probably goes for supplemented females as well, unless they are doing an insane cycle). I compensate for this by slightly lowering volume relative to a "typical man's" workout, such as 1-2 less exercise(s) or set(s) per bodypart.

Valid points. She is not interested in competing, just changing her physique. Anything would be a better change than what she had been doing for sure. After this program we are going to evaluate measurements, b/f, and her satisfaction the modify to suit.

I really apprecaite you imput!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sass, if you could, send me a workout your currently doing so I can take a look. You can send it here or M/S. Phoenix, if you don't mind as well.

She is one of those who builds upper body easily and lower is just a pain.

Sass, if you could, send me a workout your currently doing so I can take a look. You can send it here or M/S. Phoenix, if you don't mind as well.

Hi, hottt, I do the 2 way DC split. A: chest, shoulders, tris, back width, back thickness; B: bis, forearms, calves, hams, quads. I follow the guidelines to set up a routine in the stickies at intensemuscle (rest-pause ranges, extreme stretches, etc.). I started in August. This has been working great for me, noticeable size increase and feel healthier in general.

She is one of those who builds upper body easily and lower is just a pain.

My friend has that problem, she looks like two different people from the top half and bottom half. Some weeks she'll just not work her most "gifted" bodyparts (i.e., bi's, shoulders) directly. She also hits quads and hams on different days to give them lots of attention.

She can also eat junk everyday and have abs...sometimes I want to slap her.

Hi, hottt, I do the 2 way DC split. A: chest, shoulders, tris, back width, back thickness; B: bis, forearms, calves, hams, quads. I follow the guidelines to set up a routine in the stickies at intensemuscle (rest-pause ranges, extreme stretches, etc.). I started in August. This has been working great for me, noticeable size increase and feel healthier in general.

My friend has that problem, she looks like two different people from the top half and bottom half. Some weeks she'll just not work her most "gifted" bodyparts (i.e., bi's, shoulders) directly. She also hits quads and hams on different days to give them lots of attention.

YOU NAILED IT ON THE HEAD. She is the same way. Her arms, shoulders develop easily. Her abs make me SICK! (in a jealous way) and she hardly works them. I do not mean to say she is huge at the bottom, she is 5 ft 5 115lbs. but that is her problem area. She wants to stay with a more modest feminine physique, I do not know why, the way her upper body develops is amazing, just kinda get the lower under control.

Thanks for the feedback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't train any differently than JT, we actually train together when he's not afraid of getting whipped to badly. :D

Ditto, I've seen two women just like this. Both dieted HARD and still, upper body was ripped and lower body was squishy and saddlebag-ish. Didn't really talk to them about their training routines.

I know that homonunculus used Yohimbine and said it helped his legs. I've also used it in my contest prep to help with lower body leanness (using homonunculus's advice).

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3789&highlight=yohimbine

Another good article:

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3680&highlight=yohimbine

I don't train any differently than JT, we actually train together when he's not afraid of getting whipped to badly. :D

Ditto, I've seen two women just like this. Both dieted HARD and still, upper body was ripped and lower body was squishy and saddlebag-ish. Didn't really talk to them about their training routines.

I know that homonunculus used Yohimbine and said it helped his legs. I've also used it in my contest prep to help with lower body leanness (using homonunculus's advice).

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3789&highlight=yohimbine

Another good article:

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3680&highlight=yohimbine

Thanks Lynx, I will def. look at those and suggest that as well. Really appreciate you time on this!

Hey Hottt, I am with the girls here. Women do not need to train any differently than we do. She needs to get her head around hard intense body part training instead of those wussy light weight overall workouts. I have trained literally thousands of female at my gyms and they get the best results from quote male oriented training, if there is such a thing. She needs to look at her diet to get rid of the cottage cheese thighs bro, plain and simple. Go hard on her, up the poundages and watch her body change!!

My training routine

It seems that the combination of muscle trained and what day to train them on is a personal choice, so I tell people to train 2 muscle groups per day... a major and a minor. Then I explain to them that major muscle groups would be chest, back, shoulder, quads and hams. Minor muscles groups would be tri's, bi's, traps, abs, and calves.

They way I train is pretty simple, but it works. Heavy workout include 3 exercises per body part... 3 sets of 6 to 8 reps. Light workouts include 4 exercises per body part... 4 sets of 10 to 12 reps.

My split looks like this:

Day 1: chest & tri's
Day 2: back & bi's
Day 3: quads & abs
Day 4: shoulder & traps
Day 5: hams & calves

My hams were lagging. Taylormade (he's a member here, but mostly lurks and doesn't post much...) he is a friend and helps me with my training & diet. He told me to try either training hams & calves first and quads last or split them and do them on different days. I didn't like training them first. Now I really like splitting my leg works. I've seen a lot of improvement. Now when I have to do legs in one day... it kicks my butt!

Most of the time I usually train heavy weights low reps, and I'm doing 30 mins. of cardo right now on my bike

Last edited:
Thanks Sassy! I popped on a computer to check it out. Will pm yea when i am not no the road about the other! Anything I can do, ya know that!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear