over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My potential

The Tadster

NPC Judge
JUDGES
Hi all,
Here are some pics from the prejudging at the last show that I did, the North American Championships just a week and a half ago in Cleveland. I know that I didnt come in the condition that I needed to, but I would like to get any judges overall feedback in terms of my overall potential in the sport. I have been told by many that I have what it takes to be a National Champion, but I would really like to hear it from some experienced judges and in a forum where ameninty is present. Thanks.

**broken link removed**

In this show I came in at 211 lbs and I am 5'7".

The Tadster said:
Hi all,
Here are some pics from the prejudging at the last show that I did, the North American Championships just a week and a half ago in Cleveland. I know that I didnt come in the condition that I needed to, but I would like to get any judges overall feedback in terms of my overall potential in the sport. I have been told by many that I have what it takes to be a National Champion, but I would really like to hear it from some experienced judges and in a forum where ameninty is present. Thanks.

**broken link removed**

In this show I came in at 211 lbs and I am 5'7".

I can't see any pics :confused: It's just a black page.

My site...

Sorry, if you aren't on a fast connection it could take a couple of seconds to load. It is the way I set it up. Sorry. Also, most of the day yesterday my server was down becasue of the LA utility workers....nice wire splicing, blacked out half of LA for the afternoon. Sorry. Here are a few:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Please try the page again....if it doesn't work still let me know. I have tested it and it should work. Thanks for your patience.

Bro, your potential is excellent.

Only criticisms I can make are two, the first may be more "posing error"
related.

1. I did not like your front double bi, not because your bi's are not
great, but rather your chest looks small and your abdomen a bit
extended. When you do this shot, yes it is a biceps shot, but try
and "blow out" your chest while "sucking in" your abdomen.

2. Only body part lagging is your back so I would work on it in future.
Lots of Barbell rows in order here!

You should definetly go places.

Worldspan

Thank you

Thank you for the feed back. For me, this sport is all about process...enjoy it, live it, and know that you will always have more to do. Thank you again Worldspan, I will take the advice for sure.

Agreed - you have a lot of dense muscle, tons of potential. You don't have much separation in your abs, but that looks genetic so don't stress about it.

Lower quads and especially calves appear weak. I don't think it's good to open your legs out so much in the front bi pose as you don't seem to have the quad thickness for that so you are doing yourself an injustice.

Maybe it's just the angle/the way you pose, but in the side chest the delts look a bit weak? Could easily tell from the front relaxed or front lat spread pose.

Thanks you...

Thank you BigA...I appreciate every bit of info to work with.

Big A said:
Agreed - you have a lot of dense muscle, tons of potential. You don't have much separation in your abs, but that looks genetic so don't stress about it.

Lower quads and especially calves appear weak. I don't think it's good to open your legs out so much in the front bi pose as you don't seem to have the quad thickness for that so you are doing yourself an injustice.

Maybe it's just the angle/the way you pose, but in the side chest the delts look a bit weak? Could easily tell from the front relaxed or front lat spread pose.

Great potential as previously stated, but I see a definate weakness in the Quads and calves. They are nicely conditioned but need more size and thickness. If you addressed these bodyparts I think you would have a great overall package and could do some damage.

Thanks

Thank you VulgarDisplay...I am addressing these body parts this offseason very seriously.

VulgarDisplay said:
Great potential as previously stated, but I see a definate weakness in the Quads and calves. They are nicely conditioned but need more size and thickness. If you addressed these bodyparts I think you would have a great overall package and could do some damage.

Good job at Border States!

Hey Tad,

It was good to see you at the Border States on 9/17, and glad I had a brief chance to say hello afterwards.

I wasn't at the North Americans, but however you looked then you did a great job at holding your condition for the next two weeks until the Border.

As you know, first place was a tie, and could be argued either way.

I would change your posing in the manadatories quite a bit. You're tending to hike up your shoulders in both front double and front lat which makes your shoulders look narrow and reduces your taper. As one of the other judges has noted, you also are tending to raise your rib cage so much that you can't show your abs. In the front double, the combo of hiking up shoulders, raising the rib cage, and pulling your shoulders back, throws off your proportions and balance to your significant disadvantage, and makes your arms look both odd and small. Not good. Experiment with dropping your shoulders into a more natural postion. Remember, we're juding the whole physique, not even necessarily primarily the bis.

Developmentally, the only major area that I saw this past Saturday was that legs need to come up to match the maturity, density, and thickness of the upper body. On their own, they're great and most competitors would envy you. In comparison to your upper body and to the legs of other top amateurs, they don't have the width in the quads, the sweep in the outer quads, or the width in the hamstrings (from the back; side to side, not sweep to the rear) that you should have.

Hope that helps! You're a great competitor and you added a lot of "class" to your class!

KenT

Thank you Ken

Ken,
I want to personally thank you for your comments. I truely appreciate your extra effort and honest critique. I am going to put your critique to good use, and I am planning on really putting all my major effort into my quads and hamstrings this off-season. I will also be continually working with someone on my posing to be able to display myself better. All of this work over the years and I would hate to not be able to show it on stage. I expect to come to the USA's next year with a transformed physique, thanks to yours and others advice and critiques. My aim is to come with a complete package and earn my spot as an IFBB Pro. If there is anything else that would help me in my pursuit of a Pro card I would be interested to know. Thank you again and I will see you at the shows.

If you like please email me any suggestions. [email protected]

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner