over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Precious metals

TeknoViking

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What do you guys think about buying precious metals:headbang:. i am thinking of buying a bunch of silver. With all the money the us government is handing out inflation is going to get ridiculous. Thoughts please?

Watch silver. It goes in waves I bought at 20 an sold at 48 an oz few years ago. Just started to watch it again my self.

You may have already missed that train????????:confused:

True, may have already missed that train but just like the housing market, it was low(2009 or so) and people bought up in hopes that they got in before they missed that train......The housing market just got even better, EVEN RECENTLY, for buyers with interest rates etc. that went on with the fed.

I've been thinking silver for a long time too. Gold is up there and prob. not an option with as much potential as silver. That's just my "avg. joe" take as I haven't researched anything enough.

Anyone else with experience and well versed that can put it into layman's terms, please chime in.....It would be appreciated!

Last edited:
I would view questions about buying precious metals on a bodybuilding board as kind of a red flag that we are probably much closer to the top than the bottom...

Not saying it can't go higher, just that the big money is made when nobody wants something.

Saw the housing bubble coming a mile away - seemed like 1 out of 3 people I knew were in real estate... Realtors, mortgages, etc.

Every time I look around now, there's a new "We Buy Gold" retail store.

Just be careful is all I'm saying.

I am more bullish on silver then gold in the short/mid term...but I wouldn't buy directly into silver ATM...however there is a lot of bullish talk on silver in the market ATM. I would look at precious metals funds. Also get your head around the fundamentals before you move on anything...there is more then inflation....particularly when looking at silver.

My 2 cents

Last edited:
I am more bullish on silver then gold in the short/mid term...but I wouldn't buy directly into silver ATM...however there is a lot of bullish talk on silver in the market ATM. I would look at precious metals funds. Also get your head around the fundamentals before you move on anything...there is more then inflation....particularly when looking at silver.

My 2 cents

Solid advice. A investment manager just told me nearly those exact words. I bought some silver recently for 5 dollars less than the market value. I bought these nice coins more as something to give my kids when they are older and not so much an investment

Keep in mind that silver is use in just about everything that is manufactured. So the market can always move silver.

Its ship who has set sail. Right now isn't the right time for precious metals by a long shot. Most markets are near or have surpassed where they were pre collapse.

That doesn't mean however in the near future we won't be going that route again. Wait for prices to level off, most likely some depreciation will be coming that way relatively soon as well.

Remember we live in a world where a country like Greece that makes up less than 0.1% of this worlds economy can cause nearly global melt down because they can't figure out their debt crises which is quite literally an amount that is laughable for most developed nations. Which then sends the values of tangible assets sky high.

Wait for the level off and buy some, then after a few panics/mild crises the price will be inflated once more.

I love the argument for buying gold & silver based on the idea that "inflation is coming" because it is so ridiculous AND so many people believe it. What causes inflation? In short... to many dollars chasing to few goods. Does anybody remember 2003-2007? Free credit everywhere, anybody could get a mortgage, home prices doubled and doubled AGAIN where I`m at in 6 years, inflation has already come and gone. There was tons of free money (credit) available to all, which created lots of money to chase ALL goods, especially housing.

The next phase of the cycle that happens EVERY TIME a bubble like this happens is deflation, to FEW dollars chasing to many goods. The last time it really happened in USA was... the great depression. Now is the time the economy has to de-leverage, write off, write down, all that debt which went bad on mortgages, credit cards, auto loans and soon to be student loans.

YES The federal reserve has "printed" lots of money. Has any of it made its way into the economy? Not really it goes to banks that work the sales of bonds and further into the federal govt hands to piss away. BUT the amount "printed" has been offset almost equally by the amount of money (M2) which has been written off. Let`s also not forget that even if a huge amount of money made its way into the economy it needs velocity (people spending it quickly) to create inflation.

You can guess where I stand on buying a commodity which has a value determined by TRADERS, NOT by supply and demand. The traders NEVER have to take delivery nor deliver said commodity to anybody (thank you enron lobyists). ALL commodities (not just metals) have increased due to QE 1,2 and now 3. The banks need to do something with all their excess money and bernanke is trying to make people risk their money by making t-notes yield 1.7%/yr.

P.S. What did gold do in the crash of 2008 when the USD was going to zero? GOLD CRASHED THE USD SPIKED! Buy USD!

thanks for all the info guys. What would you say is the best way to invest your money. I was about to buy a condo but ughh i dunno. gunna wait another year and get a house. i am just scared lol.

thanks for all the info guys. What would you say is the best way to invest your money. I was about to buy a condo but ughh i dunno. gunna wait another year and get a house. i am just scared lol.

It really depends on the level of liquid capitol we are talking here. The one book I recommend to literally everyone is Unconventional Success by David Swensen. It's been the platform for the investment firm I have used now for the past several years.

It really depends on the level of liquid capitol we are talking here. The one book I recommend to literally everyone is Unconventional Success by David Swensen. It's been the platform for the investment firm I have used now for the past several years.

i'll search the book

keep your money, i buy precious metals and diamonds for a living and the up and downs of the material is not worth holding onto.. I melt my metal once a week, but some weeks i loose thousands of dollars in profit from gold dropping $40... Believe it or not, silver is even worse, silver goes down $1.00, you are FUCKED.

on google you can find lots of ideas to invest money
afterwards, it is your decision and your own risk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear