over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I want to compete

jdoisjohnny

Registered
Hi everyone i'm new here and there's a lot of strong people on here i've already picked up some new ideas by just being around on here. I'm no where as strong as a lot of you guys, but my stats are BW 205 23y/o and bench 405x2 squat 525 deadlift 565 these are all on max effort days and I haven't rotated to pure squat bench or deads in a while... anyway to the point I want to compete soon at 198 raw. I've looked at a few different federations and such and it seems I am getting pretty close for a maryland record... I know state records don't mean much but I just want to get my feet wet.

So I was curious what are some good federations, associations, leagues, etc to compete in. And well how do I find where to compete it seems like some places you need to pay a due? i'm very new to the competition aspect i've just always seen strong people and aspire to be strong or as strong as I can be.

The more experienced lifters that have competed if you could chime in that would be awesome thank you.

Everyone will have their own opinions but mine is to find something local to you. Not to worry about fed and such, then the guys there can point you in the right direction for your locale.

all depends on were you live at but every state has a powerlifting association of some sort. just google search it and contact the main chair person for your state. some state have really low records so you might get really luckly and be one of those states and blow everyone out of the water. either way powerlifting meets are always fun no matter and youll meet some really awesome people their

Pretty much what they said. Don't worry about anything but going 9 for 9 on attempts. Open with something you can triple on a horrible day and go up from there. Different feds have different commands as well. Once you pick a meet find out what they are and practice lifting with them. Jumping a press command or racking the bar before the rack command is no fun. Good luck and have fun.

SPF is a well known federation... check out powerlifting watch federation page for more.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws