advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dorian Yates offseason diet (directly from his book)

I have pretty much followed a variation of his diet since his book Blood and Guts first came out. The main lesson I learned from Dorian's diet is this: you don't need as much protein as you think you do. Chris Aceto also help hammer this message home for me. But the final factor for me was doing bloodwork and watching my BUN. For me, a BUN in the high end of normal means I'm getting too much protein (assuming I am well hydrated and have been). I'm sure there is a large individual variance, but I think most bodybuilders eat way too much protein, at least at the amateur level.

I totally agree with your statement!

diet looks good to me, but all those carbs would make me so fat it would be unreal...

It's funny to me that you guys think that Carbohydrates are gonna "make you fat"...

I can guaruntee you that eating a greater percentage of cals from CARBS instead of FATS will produce much leaner gains in muscle mass--PERIOD. Carbs are essential for adding muscle, even moreso than fats.

It's funny to me that you guys think that Carbohydrates are gonna "make you fat"...

I can guaruntee you that eating a greater percentage of cals from CARBS instead of FATS will produce much leaner gains in muscle mass--PERIOD. Carbs are essential for adding muscle, even moreso than fats.

I disagree. Just because carbs work great for you does not mean they work great for everyone.

I disagree. Just because carbs work great for you does not mean they work great for everyone.

Don't talk about CARBS as if all carbs are the same; low-glycemic carbs will not spike blood sugar and will provide steady, sustained levels of energy. Not all FATS are equal either; saturated fats should be extremely limited in the diet, even when bulking.

I appreciate the discussion..

Don't talk about CARBS as if all carbs are the same; low-glycemic carbs will not spike blood sugar and will provide steady, sustained levels of energy. Not all FATS are equal either; saturated fats should be extremely limited in the diet, even when bulking.

Well I was under assumption that we were using the best energy source.

I think people who do very well on high carb diets have metabolisms that are very high. Since when the body is at rest under normal metabolism, the body oxidizes fat for energy. But with guys who have very fast metaboslim, their energy requirements are too high to oxidize fat as a preferred energy source, so their body has to use glcogen.

But all carbs to have an effect on blood sugar. And saturated fats are not as bad as originally thought, it has more to do with the omega 3 to 6 ratio that comprises the fat.

guys

there is a huge misconception in bbing.....that you need to eat tons of cals and tons of protein....not so.....i am no guru....but i know that the body can only process so much food.....cals......carbs.....protein etc......dorian only ate 5500 off season.....and 4500 pre contest.

Force feeding is the wrong thing to do.....imho......these guys that talk of eating 10,000 cals are only tearing their insides up.....imho.

Yates didn't eat a ton of cals.......he ate just what his body needed.....just like he trained heavy enough for gains......but not so heavy that he was training his ego......he trained heavy enough to make progress year after year.

But all carbs to have an effect on blood sugar. And saturated fats are not as bad as originally thought, it has more to do with the omega 3 to 6 ratio that comprises the fat.

Yams and oats will not have a significant effect on blood sugar, which is why they won't cause fat-gain. Saturated fats however--WILL.

Well I was under assumption that we were using the best energy source.

I think people who do very well on high carb diets have metabolisms that are very high. Since when the body is at rest under normal metabolism, the body oxidizes fat for energy. But with guys who have very fast metaboslim, their energy requirements are too high to oxidize fat as a preferred energy source, so their body has to use glcogen.

Great hypothesis, I am an ecto with a high metabolism.

Yams and oats will not have a significant effect on blood sugar, which is why they won't cause fat-gain. Saturated fats however--WILL.

A quick search and I realized your former username was banned(Supreme Sports Enhancement), and lol the search bar came up with some funny shit of you and Phil Hernon fighting.

See this too...http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...-did-you-start-using-aas-poll.html#post959426

Anyways, I think everyone's different with dieting. By saying some people eat too much protein, fat, or carbs it's all so different per person. Top notch trainers and advanced people like Dante & Poliquin preach VERY HIGH protein, while someone mentioned above Aceto doesn't. It just goes from trainer to trainer.

Alex A can get you peeled off of low fat, Mountain dog can you get peeled off of high fat. It just's their method to their madness.

Ross is that you?!

Yams and oats will not have a significant effect on blood sugar, which is why they won't cause fat-gain.

Stupid statement.

Following your reasoning, fats shouldn't make you fat either... since they cause almost no raise in blood sugar. :rolleyes:

High carbs,low carbs high protein,pretty much it depends on what floats your boat.
Same with low volume vs high volume training,everything has proven to work.Course some better than other's,Now when you get to a level where you know what works that is where it is at.
I never close my mind off to any different diets or training and usually do try and play around till i get what i am looking for.
Myself i go 1 gram per pound of protein during a maintain period ,On a mass routine or when i am trying to add muscular mass i like to go up to 1.5 grams of protein.
Some guys can eat the shit out of carbs but i need to stay away from the 600 gram mark .
I just like to make my body guess and maybe shock into fat loss or adding more muscular mass.
My oldest at 16 weighed 133-135 lbs at 5ft 10 in tall almost scary thin .Now at 19 he is up to 184-185 lbs.
Yeah he doesn't look like a competing bodybuilder but he had to eat and eat .He can eat big macs ,taco bell fried chicken and eat like this 3 times a day with 2 weight gainers.
When he started training i had him set his alarm 3 hours before he needed to actually get up.

Me i used to be like this but after i hit 24 and i had a quick reality check!:banghead:

5500 CALORIES is a good bit of food and if his genetics allows him to reach 300 pounds,which we know he has good genetics .
Now Joe Blow could eat the same diet and never get the gains of Yates.
All of this we all-ready or should all-ready,i just can't understand why we all should discredit others opinions?

Wow! Talk about some food! Lol I would look like the Michelin man REAL quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is bullshit. Don't fall for it.

As a ghost writer for most of the top pros for nearly 10 years, let me tell you how this all goes down,, esp knowing how these guys think:

If Dorian wanted nothing to do with the project:
1. Dorian wrote nothing.
2. Everything was at the writers discretion. Typically, a good writer would have scanned the mags for diets already attributed to Dorian (99% bullshit), and improvise off that.

If Dorian contributed:
1. He wrote nothing.
2. Diet was purposefully clean, as the more difficult the diet, the more it'd fit into Dorian's "brand" of being a mythical hardcore warrior, and therefore, he'd get more respect form novices who didn't know any better. Note: these guys are fiercely insecure. What does an insecure dude want more than respect? Attention. Lots of it. Justifying his existence with alleged respect, attention, and admiration helps him have a reason why he's sacrificing so much.
3. Dorian did not eat like this.

Last edited:
Man if I was a Pro I would tell absolutely nothing or give clearly BS answers like chips and soda. No matter what they say they are either full of shit or lazy as they could do better. Lose Lose so why bother.

People ask me what my diet's like all the time. I tell them...Sour Patch Kids, McDonalds, Hardees, Dairy Queen Blizzards, and Fig Newtons. I do eat all that stuff, but there's some good food most of the time. It's just fun to tell them about all the junk food. I know they want to hear egg whites, chicken breast, broccoli, asparagus...so I tell them what they don't wanna hear.

People ask me what my diet's like all the time. I tell them...Sour Patch Kids, McDonalds, Hardees, Dairy Queen Blizzards, and Fig Newtons. I do eat all that stuff, but there's some good food most of the time. It's just fun to tell them about all the junk food. I know they want to hear egg whites, chicken breast, broccoli, asparagus...so I tell them what they don't wanna hear.

I had to do a doubletake on ur username after reading ur post. I thought it said marshmellow man. :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131