over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your longest offseason

Tomgrass

Registered
Newbies
I know that a lot of you guys compete some do multiple shows in a year. What was your longest offseason where you dedicated towards only building tissue.

I know that a lot of you guys compete some do multiple shows in a year. What was your longest offseason where you dedicated towards only building tissue.

12-5 weeks that was 15 years ago

Starting to think I didn’t think this through

24 weeks

My goal now is to compete during one period of the year. Done right I believe this is the smartest way as you can rebound from a show, progress and then go into a long phase prep.

If you go longer (which some guys do need) then you will likely need mini cuts along the way.

If I’m cutting it better be for a shoot, business or to step on stage so make the most of each window.

Just my take and opinion.

it depends on the case; I'll give you an example, an off-season carried out on a neophyte boy can last even 1/2 years (during there will be mini-cut periods), if you finish the off-season phase where you gained 15kg, and immediately cut the kcal because you can't keep up with a regime of 5000/5500Kcal per day you will immediately lose the majority of your gains

when you finish an off-season phase you need to do a phase where you have to try to solidify the muscles you've gained, cutting calories immediately is a serious mistake that will ruin the results you've achieved

a now advanced athlete, the off-season phase will be totally different, short periods but where the aim will not be to increase the weight too much (when you are 30/35 years old and have been using high doses of chemistry for years and years, those muscles don't rain from heaven; there will be periods dedicated to the lacking points

it depends on the case; I'll give you an example, an off-season carried out on a neophyte boy can last even 1/2 years (during there will be mini-cut periods), if you finish the off-season phase where you gained 15kg, and immediately cut the kcal because you can't keep up with a regime of 5000/5500Kcal per day you will immediately lose the majority of your gains

when you finish an off-season phase you need to do a phase where you have to try to solidify the muscles you've gained, cutting calories immediately is a serious mistake that will ruin the results you've achieved

a now advanced athlete, the off-season phase will be totally different, short periods but where the aim will not be to increase the weight too much (when you are 30/35 years old and have been using high doses of chemistry for years and years, those muscles don't rain from heaven; there will be periods dedicated to the lacking points
Totally agree - this is also a reason why carb cycling is utilise by so many people. You are leaner much longer which allows you to be in that process of keeping new tissue for x amount of time. Also lower days gives a solid break for digestive system which is much needed if long off season is a goal. I agree with you that it takes time.

Last show was 2018 , might.try again 2027 when im 50

I saw the most muscle gains when I took a full 18 months off competing. 12 months offseason, 6 month prep. Went from 210 on stage to 305 offseason to 240 on stage, but wasn't super lean....then took another 12 months to compete and totally transformed. Brought up my legs up tremendously by giving myself enough time to put on weight and let that muscle "stick" when I started dieting again.

Attachments

• 132562_462868994425_1590676_o.jpg
    132562_462868994425_1590676_o.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 999883_10200159588254522_143505598_n (4).jpg
    999883_10200159588254522_143505598_n (4).jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 28
  • most muscular (6).jpg
    most muscular (6).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 28
the problem today is that everyone wants to gain weight but without gaining weight and always remain tight, social networks have ruined this sport a bit; At the time of Coleman and other champions there was no Instagram and even if in the off season at 130/140 kg you were also fat it wasn't a problem, today due to sponsor issues, events or other reasons you always have to be in good shape and this limits growth muscular, in fact most professional athletes are always the same on stage every year, always the same precisely because they compete every year without taking 1/2 years off from competitions to build, only Yates and Coleman managed to gain kilos of frightening muscles in one year , but the genetic ones no longer exist and will no longer exist (at least to date)
I saw the most muscle gains when I took a full 18 months off competing. 12 months offseason, 6 month prep. Went from 210 on stage to 305 offseason to 240 on stage, but wasn't super lean....then took another 12 months to compete and totally transformed. Brought up my legs up tremendously by giving myself enough time to put on weight and let that muscle "stick" when I started dieting again.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws