mm.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 711
  • side chest.JPG
    side chest.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 519
  • side tri.JPG
    side tri.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 573
Well................you definetely need some help on those mandatories. Is there someone at your gym who has competed a bunch, preferably a smaller guy as they are usually the best at displaying their physiques. Take it from me, you really need to practice posing. I wouldn't even bother with anything but mandatories, because you can just go thru all of them as your posing routine for the night show and it will take the stress out of worrying about a fancy routine. Posing is not something you can do on your own because a trained eye needs to be able to help you with your angles. 'Do you know anyone who can help you.

Thanks Queefer! I know they are badddd. I am trying to find someone in my area but so far no luck. I am trying to watch as much as I can online on tutorials but like you said I am not doing well. There are 4 of us doing this show from my gym all of us first timers. I am helping them with angles but cant do it for myself!
Trying hard to bring up my legs and left side my back injury prevented leg training for 5 years.... boy does it show....

Last edited:
I am so impressed .........you must feel so good about yourself .......you have done incedible ....even the skin on your belly is tightening up ......wow wow wow..............this is real bbing imo .......you have done a wonderful job ......yes ,posing needs work .....and legs need to come up .......but as you get even tighter and your waist and hips come in more they won't look quite so behind.......don't get hurt ......and I would never let your off season body wt go even higher than rt now ......I think if you do this you can gradually balance your body out much more and slowly become the best version of yourself that you can become ...........I am proud of you and for you ..............great job !!! It will be fun to watch your journey

HUGE progress in the last 12 months, and at 16 weeks out you're in very good shape. Take your time coming down - don't lose any precious muscle.

Fix the posing too - it will make a huge difference. Make it a priority to get with someone that knows what they are doing.

You can have one of the other guys sit on the floor and tell you what looks best. Just remember the judges are below you so you'll need to slightly tilt your poses down. If I were you I'd order a how to video off the net. Why don't you practice mandatories and then repost them here or email them to me if you want and we can give you more help. After IBD said something, I too noticed it looks like your belly skin is tightening up, which is really cool.

Thanks Queefer! I know they are badddd. I am trying to find someone in my area but so far no luck. I am trying to watch as much as I can online on tutorials but like you said I am not doing well. There are 4 of us doing this show from my gym all of us first timers. I am helping them with angles but cant do it for myself!
Trying hard to bring up my legs and left side my back injury prevented leg training for 5 years.... boy does it show....

you have dropped a ton of weight, great job. Youtube perfect posing. that will help you with some posing pointers until you find someon.

Great progress over such a short period of time bro.....

I am so impressed .........you must feel so good about yourself .......you have done incedible ....even the skin on your belly is tightening up ......wow wow wow..............this is real bbing imo .......you have done a wonderful job ......yes ,posing needs work .....and legs need to come up .......but as you get even tighter and your waist and hips come in more they won't look quite so behind.......don't get hurt ......and I would never let your off season body wt go even higher than rt now ......I think if you do this you can gradually balance your body out much more and slowly become the best version of yourself that you can become ...........I am proud of you and for you ..............great job !!! It will be fun to watch your journey
Thank you IBD , I have read so many of your threads and post and traded a few PM's with you. I have such tremendous respect for who you are and the way you give of yourself.....
Very impressive! It's hard to believe you looked so different just a short while ago. Best of luck with your first show
Thank you Rockedup! I already feel like I have won! Just to be able to finally after 40 years see some abs is such a victory for this guy who was Coined Big Mel in the second grade for being the fat kid...

HUGE progress in the last 12 months, and at 16 weeks out you're in very good shape. Take your time coming down - don't lose any precious muscle.
Fix the posing too - it will make a huge difference. Make it a priority to get with someone that knows what they are doing.
Shelby , man what can I say looking and reading of your journey over the years and what you have acomplished is one of my big motivators ( though when people come over to hang with my wife and I and see me staring at that pic of your shredded glutes..........
You look excellent for 40. Very inspiring.
Thank you!
You can have one of the other guys sit on the floor and tell you what looks best. Just remember the judges are below you so you'll need to slightly tilt your poses down. If I were you I'd order a how to video off the net. Why don't you practice mandatories and then repost them here or email them to me if you want and we can give you more help. After IBD said something, I too noticed it looks like your belly skin is tightening up, which is really cool.
Queefer I am def going to do that! I will post pics up again in a few weeks. I didnt even think about judges position! I have to help my boys with that too!
you have dropped a ton of weight, great job. Youtube perfect posing. that will help you with some posing pointers until you find someon.
I have been watching those quite a bit. To be honest this was the first time I had a gym full of people watching as my wife took pics, everything from starting with my legs to trying to relax flew out of my mind.
Thnk you!

Great work. Very inspirational. You have to be feeling really good about yourself and should. I am looking forward to the contest time pics.
Thanks for the pics. T

Great progress over such a short period of time bro.....
I have been lifting since I was 14 did powerlifting for many years (had a 455 raw bench at 198 and 535 raw at 242) then as injuries mounted and I couldnt train heavy depression set in and then my body weight blew out of control.
My father passed away on February second of last year from emphysema and complications from adult onset diabetes. I realized it was time to take control again. I had already started dieting in December, kind of half assed (so easy then to make excuses!) Not even sure what my top weight was all i knew was no one and i mean no one was going to see with out my shirt on...
Great work. Very inspirational. You have to be feeling really good about yourself and should. I am looking forward to the contest time pics.
Thanks for the pics. T

Thank you I will keep pushing. After this I will be making the plan to bring the leggs up during the rest of the year and looking towards the future....

Left shoulders so tight trying to break down scar tissue to enable me to get my front and back dbl's in correct position. Looking at trying the tb 500 from Ergo. Sure looks promising

Thanks for the kind words ......I can help you in anyway pm me......otherwise check out the life support thread on the main board .....it might offer some support as you go about this journey......Be well my friend ....535 raw at 242....daaammm....I thought I was strong ....lol....you are a savage .....ha ha .....stay focussed and balanced .....this is only one aspect of your life ....remember that .....balance is key ....now that your self esteem is up you will be respeptive to being able to working on and changing other areas in your life as well ......so do some self analysis and see where this all takes you ........much love

Thanks for the kind words ......I can help you in anyway pm me......otherwise check out the life support thread on the main board .....it might offer some support as you go about this journey......Be well my friend ....535 raw at 242....daaammm....I thought I was strong ....lol....you are a savage .....ha ha .....stay focussed and balanced .....this is only one aspect of your life ....remember that .....balance is key ....now that your self esteem is up you will be respeptive to being able to working on and changing other areas in your life as well ......so do some self analysis and see where this all takes you ........much love

IBM,
thank you again I will be asking questions and might drive up to sac when I am closer to show to get some critque if your ok?
Yeah once upong a time I could bench pretty well.... That was a few blown triceps ago and a young mans ego that caused the ruptures.If I trained chest I had to have a minimum of 405 on the bar for sets of paused , twice a week for along long time. Heck once I hit a set of 14 paused at 405. Thease days I dont go over 315 and now during prep i am scared to death of getting hurt again so I have switched to volume training(thanks B-Boy). Had some new growth too!

The weight classes for my comp are only light, middle and heavyweight which starts at 187lbs. Anybody have an idea from my pics how much I need to lose? How soon I should practice with diuretic? I will be doing some depleting and loading in about 30 days to see how I react.

IBM,
I totally agree balance is everything!!! I feel pretty good in saying (and my family would back me) that during this journey I have never lost balance! Family and job then training> I have been blessed with great kids . I have 4 a 19 year old girl in her first year of collage,a 15 (turning 16 in a couple weeks!) year old son, a 13 (6 weeks until 14)year old girl and my youngest 12 year old boy . The youngest came with my wife but we got together when he was 6. We are going through a pretty nasty child custody case right now with the father making allegations on F.B. against my wife and I. Sad thing is we are not trying to to keep him from his son just eliminate theneed for my wife and him to interact as it invariably ends up with him insulting her and turning it into an nasty situation. He is a hypocrite and it is frustrating I am sure you can guess what he says about me....Heck this should have went in the life support thread!

Last edited:
Yep .....if you are close to sac ...we definately could meet up and I could help when you get a couple months out......I have a good eye and am a natural at posing ....most of my guys usually always have the best routine in any show that they do ........

I definately think you could use some " life support " some time when dealing with that mess......I think you also have a lot you could share and add there .......it's neat to see someone really be getting and living the ensance of the sport .....imo you are MR O ....in my eyes ......and that is ment sincerly ......you and you mindset all that is good in bbing......

As far as where you might end up ......I think if you do it right ....you ll be low to mid 190s [ hard see with out tunks on ....cuz every holds fat differently ......some are lean everywhere ....but hold alot in their backs /hips / and butts..........my suggestion is push pretty hard ....be almost ready a month out ......make some small changes in your gear [ you can pm if you wish .....] and then do a dry run at 3 weeks out and then again at two weeks out .......I am not a big fan of diuretics ......they arent often needed ....and can make you look worse .....drop your gh about two weeks out ......when you do that add it some halostestin 20 -25 mgs /day .....up your anti e's .....if you can find cytadren .....250 mg 2 times a day adds to that package nicely ......,,,,my take is push hard now ....real hard ....then coast and adjust into the show .[ this will also give you skin more time to adjust .[ get some retina a for the skin on your belly ] I am not you a huge fan of carb loading and depleating ....more a lower carb guy ....then it becomes a matter of timing and water intake imo ........you can do this .....the key for you is to get sickly shreaded .....start training all the detail stuff now three times a week ....glutes ....low back ....steratus , intercostals .....practicing posing and muscle control ........work on shreading your lats and stomach vacumes constantly ..........if you get grossly pealed your flaws wont matter as much and you will look much more balanced under the lights.....but condition is your friend....you had the fortitude to drop over 100 lbs......this is nothing .....just smash .....but if you want to make the best showing for yourself ......do all the detail stuff......learn to do vacumes and muscle control .......and bring out all the little muscles......under lights if you get pealed .....you will be more than fine ........good luck .......check life support ........and know I am rooting for you !!! .......Much Love and respect .....Jason

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws