over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

3 weeks out-should I compete?

J

jahras12

hi, I am new to posting here...I am currently 19 years old and 3 weeks out from the north east open npc show in NJ. I am wanting to do a teen show b/c my bday is sep 12, but the closest show is this one sep 17, therefore I will have to do the novice lightheavy- my question : is it worth it for me to do the show with this physique or should i take the time off and focus on a novice in a couple of years- i have only been dieting for 6 weeks and I have 3 more left...please tell me if it is worth it, because I only want to go into a show 100% and i have no one to criticize me and tell me how I am doing therefore that is why i post here...please help...all criticism is helpful-thank you
Jon

Attachments

• jk001.jpg
    jk001.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,482
  • jk004.jpg
    jk004.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,017
  • jk006.jpg
    jk006.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 899
It's hard to tell with the lighting what your conditioning is like. But IMO from the pics I would wait if you want to go in at 100%. You look tall and need to fill out more, otherwise the shorter guys are gonna make you look really small.

first contest?

if this is your first contest i say go for it...the experience would be good. especially since you are already so close to the show. obviously your offseason goals would be to bet bigger, but isn't that everyone's goal more or less? i say do it.

thanks guys for the feedback, especially quickly...I am soon going to be 20 as stated and this is actually my second show- also I am 5ft 9in around 201 in these pics, I placed 3rd out of 6 in teen Mr. NY Metro Bev francis show on march 19, this however will be my first legitimate show with all ages, and like I said I want to be 100%- last time someone helped me get ready( I really did not need them), but this time I have no one-so I also have no one to critique me as well- I have been trying to dial it in on my own and I feel I can be my best trainer- the only feedback that I would really want is from you guys- I love this board that is why I posted- I cannot stop thinking about competing and bodybuilding- also this summer while home i was a personal trainer and my boss(current mr.NJ) was actually going to help me with critiquing me for this show, but I lost my job, so I really have no one to rely on because i am VERY tough on myself, I need some outside opinion...thanks for everything! hope to recieve more feedback!

I can easily get lean nicely in 3 weeks- but even more than that after this show i have the opportunity to do a show 5, 7,9,10,and 11 weeks out from right now- and they are all in Jersey except for 2 of them in NY -even if I do not hit my peak in 3 weeks I can keep getting my body even more conditioned to see how much i have to be conditioned to do well and keep doing shows- then I can add the size and have my diet in order- plus I will hear the criticisms from the judges and competitors and know what to focus on for next year to do well and either win a novice or do an open natl qualifier- it is experience - i do not how it can be a bad oppurtunity- this is what i have figured out

jon

I would say compete and go in as a sponge and soak up all the information that you can from the non ego manaics. Your not at the level yet where you are competing for money or supplement contracts so go and enjoy it. Learn from it and how your body reacts. Remember you are 1 step in front of the people that are watching as you are up there and they aren't. Plus I feel that the body responds better after depleting to competition shape.

i would try and compete in as many pf those shows as you can, and get as shredded as you can, then towards the end eat like a mother fucker and come in to the last 1 or 2 shows full as hell. future freak did something kind of along these lines and he looked TONS different after eating like shit and filling out. i believe he won his class or the overall after loading for like a week. he was SUPER shredded to begin with too. just a thought.

IF IT IS FUN FOR YOU TO GET ON STAGE...THEN I'D SAY DO IT.

I AM SO HARD ON MYSELF THAT I RARELY DO A SHOW. YOUR WAY MIGHT BE BETTER. I SAY IF YOU ARE HAVING FUN AND LEARNING.....HAVE A BLAST! :D

thanks guys you are all right- I love this sport- I cannot deny that- if I can get in to super conditioning I will be very happy and keep getting bigger and better every year until I am at the top- I will be consistent- I need lots of experience as well and this will do it- I will soon post more pics when I get home since I am in college now- maybe 1 week out but then I will be going for broke so I will keep going and get as conditioned as possible b/c there are many shows 2,4,6,8,9 weeks after this one I cant give it up now- this is my chance to learn! I will keep you updated thanks

Jon

ok im gonna be honest. I think you should do the show for experience and to learn, but dont put too high of expectations on it. As a light heavy, you are pretty skinny to be competing in that class. Your gonna probably be outmassed by everyone in the class, so just go and have fun. Your already in shape and dieted down, might as well, get some pix from the show, maybe the video, and then get back into adding mass for the future. If i were you i wouldnt compete again after this until you can hit the stage at at least 220, you look pretty tall.

ok i am bumping this here I am on wednesday one week before my first novice show at 19...please give some criticisms asap to help me push thro the next week

Attachments

• 10d.JPG
    10d.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 390
  • 10da.JPG
    10da.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 399
jahras12 said:
ok i am bumping this here I am on wednesday one week before my first novice show at 19...please give some criticisms asap to help me push thro the next week

ok still holding some water but its normal you still week out.so you definetly go for it.you are on track track.

deffinately do the show :) you have come along way so do it learn , have fun. Best luck bro :)

DO IT..

you'lllearn alot fromdoing the show so when you are in even better shape you'll fel more comfortable up there and not wonder if you got it right...have fun and learn..but have fun bro...

thanks guys for the replies just keep em comin with criticisms- whatever so i know what to do for next time- I feel i can nail it- I am eating a no carb diet it is working very well for the last week and this week- doing light cardio 1hr at mod pace burning mad fat-always training good!- I think I will reach peak condition for this show-I hope to make myself proud-but really i will keep you all updated on how it goes-I am gonna totally push thro this week and carb loading and sodium depletion is not on my to do list I dont wanna screw up-I wanna just be VERY LEAN so I am gonna take it to the limit- my mind is focused and I am ready to have fun experience and try to do the best I can!

Jon

i say DONT DO THE SHOW , only do a show when there is no question in mind .

Vander_V said:
i say DONT DO THE SHOW , only do a show when there is no question in mind .

I like this criticism and statement- at this point I am getting more and more dialed in each day I have no question in my mind anymore- I am amped and ready to compete- I will keep you all updated on my show and my conditioning the last couple days b4 the show-No matter win or lose I will suceed in bodybuilding-

Jon

7 days out

guys, just an update- i took some pics outside today 7 days out
unfortunately i am beggining to think I just cant nail it, and just may suck it up and hold out- I wanna go in 100% and WIN- this to me wasnt 100% lean but i just wanted to post em up anyway-will have to contemplate and make my decision soon-thanks for the support but the real decision is mine i guess-

Jon

Attachments

• fri9-9.jpg
    fri9-9.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 229
  • jk002.jpg
    jk002.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 187
  • jk006.jpg
    jk006.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 243
  • jk007.jpg