over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

9 weeks out, North Americans

Here are the top 5 middleweights at last years North Americans (from left to right it's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 4th).
Clearly I've got my work cut out for me if I stand a chance against a line-up like this.

This guy placed 6th last year
**broken link removed**
I really like his physique and conditioning though. Should have been top 4 IMO.

Attachments

• nasIMG_8835_KPTVFAXIUH.jpg
    nasIMG_8835_KPTVFAXIUH.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 195
Looking great!

So are you going in as a Lt. Heavy or Middle weight? Middleweight is pretty tough in that show, I remember Renteria, from Mexico won back in 94 I think, Danny Hester was in the same weight class, it was the year Jeff Poulin won Over-all.

There is one guy from my gym going in as a Lt. Heavy this year, he's starting his diet this week. Anyway, he seems about your size, he's only about 5'-6", so if you go in as a Middle weight you would definately be one of the most dense on stage.

Last edited:
So are you going in as a Lt. Heavy or Middle weight? Middleweight is pretty tough in that show, I remember Renteria, from Mexico won back in 94 I think, Danny Hester was in the same weight class, it was the year Jeff Poulin won Over-all.

There is one guy from my gym going in as a Lt. Heavy this year, he's starting his diet this week. Anyway, he seems about your size, he's only about 5'-6", so if you go in as a Middle weight you would definately be one of the most dense on stage.

I'll be a middle... hopefully my last year in that class. By the time I get into contest shape, I look like a swimmer.

MW is a competitive class, but so is LHW. I would be way outsized as a LHW though. I'd be lucky to be top 15.

Last year I weighed in right at 176 on Thursday evening, and was about 180 on stage. I need about 20 more pounds of muscle, lol. Don't we all though...

The last couple weeks it's been like this:
1 high day per week: 1000g carbs, protein around 150-200g
3 medium days per week: 150g carbs, protein around 300-325g
3 low days per week: 60g carbs, protein around 300-325g

Cardio is 45 minutes in the morning on an empty stomach on all medium and low days, and 45 minutes in the afternoon / evening on all low days.

Starting this week, I'll be changing to:
1 high day per week: 500g carbs, protein around 275
3 medium days per week: 200g carbs, protein around 300-325g
3 low days per week: 50g carbs, protein around 300-325g

Cardio stays the same for now.

I have also had a weekly cheat meal the past couple weeks, but I probably won't have another one of those for a while.

Looking good brother! Once again your going to pull it all together! Every one of your threads you got me glued. It's truly modavational to watch you week by week. Wish you the best bro!! I have a question if you don't mind answering. I noticed that on med and low days you keep your protein the same. How's your fats on med and low days? You keep them same for both med and low days, or do you have higher fats on low days and lower fats on med days?

Looking good brother! Once again your going to pull it all together! Every one of your threads you got me glued. It's truly modavational to watch you week by week. Wish you the best bro!! I have a question if you don't mind answering. I noticed that on med and low days you keep your protein the same. How's your fats on med and low days? You keep them same for both med and low days, or do you have higher fats on low days and lower fats on med days?

Thanks Mitch.

I add 7g healthy fat to each of my two non-carb meals on medium days, for a total of 14g added fat on those days.

On low days, I add 8-9g of healthy fat to each of my four non-carb meals for a total of about 35g added fat on those days.

Here are the top 5 middleweights at last years North Americans (from left to right it's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 4th).
Clearly I've got my work cut out for me if I stand a chance against a line-up like this.

This guy placed 6th last year
**broken link removed**
I really like his physique and conditioning though. Should have been top 4 IMO.

Thats a solid line-up right there. The guy 2nd from the left has outstanding leg development.

Thats a solid line-up right there. The guy 2nd from the left has outstanding leg development.

His was my favorite physique in the whole show. I started a thread about him last year:
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28858

He and the guy to his right were the top 2 middleweights, both from Mexico.

The guy on the far right in the purple trunks (Jamie Ibone, placed 4th at that show) won the middleweights at the USAs in 2005.

Last edited:
The other guy clearly had him beat from the back though:

Attachments

• QW5Q6284_REKRVIZJYH.jpg
    QW5Q6284_REKRVIZJYH.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 159
The other guy clearly had him beat from the back though:

Thanks for answering my question, I apperciate it. Yeah other guy had him beat from the back, But I think guy from the left has tighter glute and hams.

rear double bicep from tonight/

Attachments

• 7-02-08012.jpg
    7-02-08012.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 120
side chest

Attachments

• 7-02-08006.jpg
    7-02-08006.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 119
and a rear relaxed

Attachments

• 7-02-08011.jpg
    7-02-08011.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 122
rear double bicep from tonight/

The back is looking very good! Damn you can hold your own the way you look right now! 9 weeks, keep doing what you're doing.

I have to say

I am really impressed with your overall shoulder width from side to side. You seem much wider from right to left in the side chest shot. I always felt you had a very thick, dense chest, but seem to be developing it quite well, along with your back. Has that been a priority? And thicker through the traps as well.

The back is looking very good! Damn you can hold your own the way you look right now! 9 weeks, keep doing what you're doing.

Thank you! It feels like things are starting to come together now, so motivation is high!

I am really impressed with your overall shoulder width from side to side. You seem much wider from right to left in the side chest shot. I always felt you had a very thick, dense chest, but seem to be developing it quite well, along with your back. Has that been a priority? And thicker through the traps as well.

Thanks Hott.
I think I just got lucky and hit that side chest in a decent position... chest is still a major weakpoint of mine, but it's slowly coming up.

I was actually talking to Justin today about maybe doing the NAs as a light heavy.. we both think I can be about 185-190 with spot on conditioning.
I probably wouldn't place as high as I would as a middle, but I'd look better (fuller) and since I plan on moving up to that class eventually anyways, it might be a good idea to "test the waters" this year.
I've got a while to decide though.. we'll see how the rest of the prep plays out. :)

Looking good keep it up..:D

Man your looking good Shelby.

I would like to see both ass cheeks next time though to get a complete assessment. Could you, would you, do that for me?;)

Man your looking good Shelby.

I would like to see both ass cheeks next time though to get a complete assessment. Could you, would you, do that for me?;)

WTF - My PM inbox is FULL of that EXACT SAME REQUEST! :D ;)

Thanks Main.. next time I'll take some explicit shots and email them just to you :)

WTF - My PM inbox is FULL of that EXACT SAME REQUEST! :D ;)

Thanks Main.. next time I'll take some explicit shots and email them just to you :)

Hey, when you got it....you got it. And YOU have it!;)

Your definitely thickening A LOT! You have to be feeling good about this prep.

I was actually talking to Justin today about maybe doing the NAs as a light heavy.. we both think I can be about 185-190 with spot on conditioning.
I probably wouldn't place as high as I would as a middle, but I'd look better (fuller) and since I plan on moving up to that class eventually anyways, it might be a good idea to "test the waters" this year.
I've got a while to decide though.. we'll see how the rest of the prep plays out. :)

Nice!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity