over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Brandon Lilly done

I'm not a PLer, best squat ever maybe low 600's 25-20 years ago, mostly repped with 315 or 405 for growth until pain got so bad I rarely squatted. But I sucked it up when my quads started shrinking, worked back up to 405 for 8-10's. One day, second set 5th rep BOTH of my knees blew totally out at the same time, bilateral quad tendon rupture, complete separation. I fell straight down, slightly backward like he did, but luckily I was in the cage and it caught the weight.
That was 4 years ago, only the last month or so I got under more than 225, doing 315 for 15's easy, not an issue of the quad strength, just not sure about connecting tissues. I'm 46 and the risks are too much for me to be stupid, again. Ironically though, the pain was very minimal. my pec tear, however hurt like a mofo

squatting

hey sirloin your story has got me panicking .Im 44 on test and I've been doing high reps with 225 to 275 for year like 20 to 30 because I'm chicken to got heavy it just don't feel good .S o last week i sayfuck it and do 315 for 8 335 for 6 then again but my thighs were feeling weird , of course i do 335 again on the 5 rep my upper mid thigh felt like it was pulling or tearing my knees were great.M aybe I'm not conditioned or am i old i want to ask you what do you attribute you blowing your knees on 405 which doesn't sound heavy for you .Thats my question can you blow your shit out on a non max set if you were reaping 315 I'm guessing 405 for 5 was not max for you , i did 225 for 20 today and felt the pain not good i usually can rep 225 for 35 atg .Please anyone with opinions feel free to advise i love squatting and wanted to resume 405 and up goals is it safe ? I used to rep495 at 31 and due to my job gf etc. quit training for yrs i only resumed 2 yrs ago .

I strained my tendon just warming up with 135. I was having aches in my knees for a few months before this and just wouldnt listen to my body. Thankfully nothing tore but even a year and a half later i can feel a slight twinge now and then. Now i listen to my body much more, tearing a tendon can set you back a long time...better to just take some time off and rest than be stubborn. As for brandon Im sure he will be able to come back but it will take some time

man those injuries look brutal... i don't think i could ever do the same exercise again if something like that ever happened... GL to you brothas!

wow those vids made me cringe! :eek: This is definitely a dangerous sport

I don't know the actual diagnosis as far as what damage he incurred but he likely can come back . Most of you are too young to remember Matt Dimels
bad squat injury in the late 80's or early 90's.
Training poundage around 1030 or so. Matt (rip) had I believe both quads detache both hamstrings and I think his calves as well might be wrong on the calves . Long surgery and rehabb . Matt never did his meet best 1010 squat again but did squat into the 800.s . Ed Coan had catastropic patella tendon failure. tendon tore in half completely . I train week in and week out with Ed .
I think he took 565 for 8 nice deep reps last week in knee sleeves
and a belt. Oh yeah he had a hip replacement about two years ago as well.
People come back from catastropic injuries all the time .
Best wishes for Brandon . Never say never.... T

Brandon is training hard and definitely coming back. I recently read that he's been working with JM on his diet.

I don't know the actual diagnosis as far as what damage he incurred but he likely can come back . Most of you are too young to remember Matt Dimels
bad squat injury in the late 80's or early 90's.
Training poundage around 1030 or so. Matt (rip) had I believe both quads detache both hamstrings and I think his calves as well might be wrong on the calves . Long surgery and rehabb . Matt never did his meet best 1010 squat again but did squat into the 800.s . Ed Coan had catastropic patella tendon failure. tendon tore in half completely . I train week in and week out with Ed .
I think he took 565 for 8 nice deep reps last week in knee sleeves
and a belt. Oh yeah he had a hip replacement about two years ago as well.
People come back from catastropic injuries all the time .
Best wishes for Brandon . Never say never.... T

I remember him he was just humongous and had a never say quit mentality to him!
As you said RIP.

The big man doesn't look like he's quite done yet:

[ame=http://youtu.be/NeXqhYqKBiE]First 500 lbs Bench Since Injury - YouTube[/ame]

Brandon Lilly 705 Deadlift | SPF CA State Meet 2014:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP1vPT5l8nw"]Brandon Lilly 705 Deadlift | SPF CA State Meet 2014 | SuperTraining.TV - YouTube[/ame]

Reminds me of Jean Pierre Fux squatting around 700

All 4 quadricep muscles torn in one leg and both patellar tendons. Google it, makes u paranoid bout squatting

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

Apparently he squatted the same weight a few days before snap city

Attachments

• JEANPIERREFUX.jpg
    JEANPIERREFUX.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,657
He can come back. I went down with 835 6 months ago and im back squatting in the 8's again. torn quad acl meniscus fractured patella femur contusion
I've seen that vid before. wasn't it the result of you being rushed for some reason or another? I also seem to remember you being really young which probably helped your healing. good luck to you bro, you're a strong mo'fo

I really like when he was telling the story of him in college when he dropped a class halfway through the semester even though he was getting a B. He dropped it because there was a required class trip that would have required him to miss two days of training.

That's dedication -

thats stupid lol no really i like brandon lilly and that video is horrible to wtach i cant imagine ...Ive done the 531 and never got much out of it due to the %s not working well for me but the overall program is solid if u find the right weights...

He is back will be competing in the animal cage at the Arnold this weekend

Wow

308 maybe I misread your post, but did you say that you were squatting in the 800's 6 months after ACL surgery?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131