advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

does proviron lower natty test levels and stop hpta function?

numba1scrapper

Registered
I've asked several people this question and have gotten different answers, just wondering if anyone knows if taking proviron OFF cycle will lower natty test levels and stop hpta function.. I know its meant for on cycle for hardening and as an A/I as it lowers estrogen but am curious to what it would do OFF a cycle.

im looking for its libido boosting properties

Last edited:
read somewhere awhile ago something about it that i.e. being a metabolite hpta/pit does not know about it ,it's not produced in there. on the other hand there is also that negative feedback thingy.
not sure though if suppressive but very good question I am also interested about itand hope someone will elaborate

Last edited:
Very very slightly suppression of HPTA at higher doses 100mg+

The effect of mesterolone on sperm count, on serum follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, plasma testosterone and outcome in idiopathic oligospermic men.

Varma TR, Patel RH.
Source

Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, St. George's Hospital Medical School London, U.K.

Abstract

Two hundred fifty subfertile men with idiopathic oligospermia (count less than 20 million/ml) were treated with mesterolone (100-150 mg/day) for 12 months. Seminal analysis were assayed 3 times and serum follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) luteinizing hormone (LH) and plasma testosterone were assayed once before treatment and repeated at 3, 6, 9 and 12 months after the initiation of treatment. One hundred ten patients (44%) had normal serum FSH, LH and plasma testosterone, 85 patients (34%) had low serum FSH, LH and low plasma testosterone. One hundred seventy-five patients (70%) had moderate oligospermia (count 5 to less than 20 million/ml) and 75 patients (30%) had severe oligospermia (count less than 5 million/ml). Seventy-five moderately oligospermic patients showed significant improvement in the sperm density, total sperm count and motility following mesterolone therapy whereas only 12% showed improvement in the severe oligospermic group. Mesterolone had no depressing effect on low or normal serum FSH and LH levels but had depressing effect on 25% if the levels were elevated. There was no significant adverse effect on testosterone levels or on liver function. One hundred fifteen (46%) pregnancies resulted following the treatment, 9 of 115 (7.8%) aborted and 2 (1.7%) had ectopic pregnancy. Mesterolone was found to be more useful in patients with a sperm count ranging between 5 and 20 million/ml. Those with severe oligospermia (count less than 5 million) do not seem to benefit from this therapy.

This study used 100-150mg ED. I suggested using 50mg ED. I think it's safe to say at 50mg ED it is not supressive.

This was from a poster named XYZ on another board.

Very very slightly suppression of HPTA at higher doses 100mg+

The effect of mesterolone on sperm count, on serum follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, plasma testosterone and outcome in idiopathic oligospermic men.

Varma TR, Patel RH.
Source

Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, St. George's Hospital Medical School London, U.K.

Abstract

Two hundred fifty subfertile men with idiopathic oligospermia (count less than 20 million/ml) were treated with mesterolone (100-150 mg/day) for 12 months. Seminal analysis were assayed 3 times and serum follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) luteinizing hormone (LH) and plasma testosterone were assayed once before treatment and repeated at 3, 6, 9 and 12 months after the initiation of treatment. One hundred ten patients (44%) had normal serum FSH, LH and plasma testosterone, 85 patients (34%) had low serum FSH, LH and low plasma testosterone. One hundred seventy-five patients (70%) had moderate oligospermia (count 5 to less than 20 million/ml) and 75 patients (30%) had severe oligospermia (count less than 5 million/ml). Seventy-five moderately oligospermic patients showed significant improvement in the sperm density, total sperm count and motility following mesterolone therapy whereas only 12% showed improvement in the severe oligospermic group. Mesterolone had no depressing effect on low or normal serum FSH and LH levels but had depressing effect on 25% if the levels were elevated. There was no significant adverse effect on testosterone levels or on liver function. One hundred fifteen (46%) pregnancies resulted following the treatment, 9 of 115 (7.8%) aborted and 2 (1.7%) had ectopic pregnancy. Mesterolone was found to be more useful in patients with a sperm count ranging between 5 and 20 million/ml. Those with severe oligospermia (count less than 5 million) do not seem to benefit from this therapy.

This study used 100-150mg ED. I suggested using 50mg ED. I think it's safe to say at 50mg ED it is not supressive.

This was from a poster named XYZ on another board.

thanks, ill prolly still stay away from it as im trying to recover my semen levels as right now they are terrible, but thats good to know.

The only real purpose of using proviron is to free up testosterone from its binding to sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). It has no anabolic properties and I doubt you're gonna be concerned with freeing up bound test during pct.

The only real purpose of using proviron is to free up testosterone from its binding to sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). It has no anabolic properties and I doubt you're gonna be concerned with freeing up bound test during pct.

pieguy, based on the study you posted (if I'm reading it correctly), taking proviron at 100mg + a day "significantly" increases sperm count and motility. Therefore, increasing ones chance of having a child. Am I understanding this correctly?

It's more specific than that. For moderately Oligospermic patients, yeah you'll notice a pretty good increase but for severe ogliospermic patients, there was little to no benefit.

It's more specific than that. For moderately Oligospermic patients, yeah you'll notice a pretty good increase but for severe ogliospermic patients, there was little to no benefit.

If someone previously had a child, without getting tested to see the exact number, do you think taking proviron would increase the likelihood of conceiving another child? I ask as my wife and I have been trying lately (we have a 2 yr old) and I've been off completely for 5 months. Do you personally think that taking proviron would increase our chances of conceiving another?

I mention having a kid to give somewhat of an idea that we can have children to begin with. Not that we've been trying aimlessly for 5 yrs.

not to hijack the thread but what about Masteron,could not care less about getting someone pregnant actually the opposite,? I do realise that it is stronger but is it suppressive to hpta/pituitaary or is it very very mild like proviron?

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner