over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dorian Yates- The Genius Scientist of Bodybuilding

ANOTHER Dorian interview? I've only seen about 437 of them.

... Which obviously means I need to listen to this one, too.

Thanks!

Very true so discussions about his doses are pointless.

He did mention steroids shouldn't be used by non competitors. This has been mentioned a lot in the past but I will state I think it's ridiculous to think someone should only take steroids or ped's if they compete. It's like a professional chess player stating people shouldn't take any cognitive enhancer drugs/supps because they are not competing. Now everyone has a different opinion but I feel strongly about that. We created bodybuilding competitions and just because someone steps on stage somewhere doesn't give them more right to take anything. Obviously money and other factors (social standing, fame etc) are also deemed as giving someone more right to take ped's for many people as well. Meaning what about a guy who doesn't compete but makes lot's of money or at the very least his physique helps his job (an actor or personal trainer for example). Yes I think certain things give people more reasons for taking aas but definitely not more right. I think as adults we should all have the right to do what we want.

Dorian considered himself a professional athlete and his whole life was aimed at being the best and doing whatever was necessary, such as taking drugs. I never take drugs for his self-image, to be a model, for his psychological or social security, etc ... His body was a means, the Olympia his end.

That is why it was easy for him to make the transition, while many guys remained attached to their pro looks, and well, they had problems or died.

The point is that bodybuilding is different from other sports, many practitioners eat, train and sups as if they were pros. They like everything that implies.

Last edited:
Dorian considered himself a professional athlete and his whole life was aimed at being the best and doing whatever was necessary, such as taking drugs. I never take drugs for his self-image, to be a model, for his psychological or social security, etc ... His body was a means, the Olympia his end.

That is why it was easy for him to make the transition, while many guys remained attached to their pro looks, and well, they had problems or died.

The point is that bodybuilding is different from other sports, many practitioners eat, train and sups as if they were pros. They like everything that implies.

I 100% understand that. It also comes down to ones self esteem and insecurities and what they value most. Even if someone did just use drugs to be the best bodybuilder in the world they are still human. I am sure many of the bodybuilders who downsized after retiring still have insecurities and want to look good. The difference is some are so insecure and the way they look is literally everything to them and they are the ones who struggle. Others have serious mental issues as well (body dysmorphia) and many are huge and think they look very small. Now others realize staying the same will put them in an early grave so they are smart and do what is needed to live a longer life. Although non of this is related to why I think what I do.

Yea, I get a kick out of dose speculation. Who knows and who really gives a shit? It was obvious the guy was an incredibly hard worker in every aspect of the sport.

I'd love to smoke some prime flower with Dorian. How fucking cool would that be? I have a new goal in life now...LOL

I like the fact that he's become more mainstream. He says ninety percent of the people who come up to him aren't bodybuilders, but people who saw him on Rogan or London Real. His stuff gets tons of views from everyone. Good for him, he deserves it.

Love the psychedelic compound talk, too.

Actually, Dorian has said he had problems transitioning. All this psychedelic and mystic shit is him trying to heal his brain, not that there's anything wrong with that or that he doesn't deserve props for moving on. But he still had and has ego, like we all do.

As far as him saying drugs are just for competitors. Well, what does he think of his son cycling? He didn't seem to have a problem with it.

As far as the doses, it doesn't matter but I like to imagine if I was so and so what would I do? Well, Dorian was aggressive and really desperate for success, at least that was his image. Guys like that do whatever it takes.

This is what he said his usage was in the past:

750mg Test
500mg Deca
50mg Diabanol
8iu GH during dieting, along with Anavar

*8 weeks on and 8 weeks off
Honestly I could see it if it wasn't the 8 weeks off.

What does "off" mean?

Actually, Dorian has said he had problems transitioning. All this psychedelic and mystic shit is him trying to heal his brain, not that there's anything wrong with that or that he doesn't deserve props for moving on. But he still had and has ego, like we all do.

Of course, he had an ego, like Shawn Ray, but they accepted the end of his career and moved on. Dorian retired due to his injuries but did not try to stay massive like other boys like Nasser or Ruhl, nor did he keep pushing hard in the gym like Coleman.

As far as him saying drugs are just for competitors. Well, what does he think of his son cycling? He didn't seem to have a problem with it.

After so many interviews, someone should ask you about this.

As far as the doses, it doesn't matter but I like to imagine if I was so and so what would I do? Well, Dorian was aggressive and really desperate for success, at least that was his image. Guys like that do whatever it takes.

He pushed hard, but not was stupid, that's why train HD style, where there are limits to the effort. He could have used the same thought pattern with food and gear.

in the intro he asks could you have sex at 4-6% bodyfat or something along those lines ?
what did dorian reply ? i watched the vid but must have missed that part

Genetics and insane work ethic. I'm sure he went a little higher.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Genetics and insane work ethic. I'm sure he went a little higher.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He has said he did but got diminishing returns just more side effects. Which i believe. 2 grams is still a decent dose of especially bulking compounds...and in line with what other 90s competitors did.

Dorian was training very smart not just hard and his drug use was very smart so i don't doubt the doses much.. Unlike bbers these days that just do pump sets etc etc.

The gh use and time "off" gets fuzzy Tbh imo tho

Last edited:
Unlike bbers these days that just do pump sets etc etc.

I never get posts like this. People always post the top pro's these days train light and just do pump sets. Name me 5 pro's right now that don't train heavy. You may write Phil Heath and sure he doesn't go crazy but he has lifted heavy before he is just smart with his training. Even Dexter now pushes the weights especially for legs and he is 49. But sure Dexter could be considered one.

I watch all the top pro's train everyday on IG and as they all post training vids. I honestly think they train heavier now than the 90's because they are bigger. All The UK guys lift huge weights. Most of the O guys lift big weights as well. I see most of them pressing 150-200 db's. I see them squatting 4-7 pps. I can list some of them.... Josh Lenartowicz, Big Ramy, Hadi Choopan, Roelly Winklaar, Akim Williams, Nathan DeAsha, Juan Morel etc. Now some do more pump sets (Brandon Curry for example) but he is still lifting heavy weights.

Please post 5 top pro's who don't lift heavy...

I honestly think it's more about the drugs they use and the amounts that makes it harder for them to get down. That and the number 1 reason of not dieting hard enough because they are too concerned with being as big as possible. It's definitely not because they train like pussies. I see nearly all of them lifting the same, similar or more weight than Dorian lifted. Obviously they aren't as consistent in all areas as Dorian and that is why but I think the "bb's these days just do pump sets" argument is far from the truth.

He literally trained harder than absolutely anyone, period.. Not a single bodybuilder that I can think of in any era trained harder than this guy.

I want to preface by saying this is not a personal attack on you, as others and Dorian have also made this claim, but I do not agree with this at all. Pull up Blood and Guts on Youtube and while a lot of exercises are done with high effort, a lot are not. The barbell rows are a perfect example. He does six reps and it looks like he could've done 10-12. Did he train harder than most of the other guys? Yeah, probably, but for all we know the guys placing dead last could've been absolute animals in the gym. They just weren't in the spotlight so nobody knows. I like Dorian, I'm a fan, but when he says that he won because it wasn't possible to train harder than him, that's naive and arrogant. Watch Ben Bruno's old videos when he was doing crazy 60 rep widowmakers in his DC training. They're insane. I've never really seen anyone go as far as he does. Jordan Peters does some crazy true failure sets as well.

Actually, Dorian said he struggled immensely with the transition for the first 5 years. He was eventually able to pyschologically move on and open gyms, start supps companies, etc...but he said it was not easy at all.

As for now, he says he doesn't even think about bodybuilding anymore. He doesn't even know most of the competitors that compete, who wins shows, etc. He says he has pretty much completely detached himself from the sport.

One thing he said that I find funny is that while he was in bodybuilding it was the most exciting thing in the world--he sacrificed everything for it, but once he was out of it and had moved on, he realized how boring it is for those who are not part of it. He now thinks its boring; boring to watch other bodybuilders compete, train, etc.

He said he realized how much he sacrificed during his bodybuiding years and once he was out of it, he started making up for lost time doing all the things he found interesting; things he previously never even thought about.

Arnold followed a similar path. He basically retired from bodybuilding (with one brief 8 week comeback in 1980) nu age 28 and rom that point onwards NEVER prioritized bodybuilding again. Sure, he stayed I great shape through the 80's, but this was done more so he could continue playing the movie roles he was known for, rather than for the sake of muscles themselves.

By the mid-90's he made an even large departure from bodyulding, staying at around 200-210 lbs bodyweight and training just as much for good health, as to continue looking decent. Into the 2000's (becoming mayor) and beyond, bodybuilding's main role in his life was for health purposes more than anything else. He has recently stated that he now only trains for the health benefits, not to have big muscle or to be strong...and his diet confirms that, as he now eats very little overall protein (compared to his heavier training days) and is focused more on maximizing nutrition for the purpose of life extension and quality of life.

We all go through various phases in our life. I can guarantee that 99.9% of the people here will barely care about bodybuilding, if at all (other than training light to maybe stay healthy), by the time the are 70 years old. Most guys who don't make a living from it start moving on by the time they are somewhere in their 30's...and almost all begin moving on by the time they hit their 40's. This doesn't mean they stop training or suddenly don't care how they look, but rather, other things in their life begin to take greater precedence, while bodybuilding moves down on the priority scale. Marriage, children and career all begin to take the top spots in one's life....and as time continues to go on, bodybuilding falls farther and farther down the priority list.

At roughly 43 years old, I still care very much about muscle size and strength, but it's no longer my obsession. I am not wiling to sacrifice my family or career for it and I am MUCH more cognizant regarding the potential ill health effects these drugs can have on the body (and mind). My doses are a small fraction of what they once were...and they were never big to begin with.

As Shawn Ray once said, "bodybuilding is a young man's sport" and how correct he was. Bodybuilding on a serious, competitive level requires a vast amount of selfishness. By necessity, bodybuilding MUST take the #1 spot in the individual's life, or else one's goals will not be accomplished. Now, there are a small few who can put 100% into their bodybuding while also advancing their career and doing a good job as a father and husband, but these people are rare. In order for this to happen they not only need to be exemplary, extremely dedicated individuals with excellent time management skills, but these individuals are almost always wise about advancing their careers early in their life. This way, by the time they are in their later 20's or 30, they are already financially well off with a self-sustaining career that no longer requires a large percentage of their time. At this point, if the circumstances are right, it is possible to prioritize family and career, while still having enough time to put 100% into one's bodybuilding, but even then, it is still a difficult task and requires the ongoing support of one's spouse.

For these reasons and more, bodybuilding truly is a young man's sport.

Actually, Dorian said he struggled immensely with the transition for the first 5 years. He was eventually able to pyschologically move on and open gyms, start supps companies, etc...but he said it was not easy at all.

As for now, he says he doesn't even think about bodybuilding anymore. He doesn't even know most of the competitors that compete, who wins shows, etc. He says he has pretty much completely detached himself from the sport.

One thing he said that I find funny is that while he was in bodybuilding it was the most exciting thing in the world--he sacrificed everything for it, but once he was out of it and had moved on, he realized how boring it is for those who are not part of it. He now thinks its boring; boring to watch other bodybuilders compete, train, etc.

He said he realized how much he sacrificed during his bodybuiding years and once he was out of it, he started making up for lost time doing all the things he found interesting; things he previously never even thought about.

Arnold followed a similar path. He basically retired from bodybuilding (with one brief 8 week comeback in 1980) nu age 28 and rom that point onwards NEVER prioritized bodybuilding again. Sure, he stayed I great shape through the 80's, but this was done more so he could continue playing the movie roles he was known for, rather than for the sake of muscles themselves.

By the mid-90's he made an even large departure from bodyulding, staying at around 200-210 lbs bodyweight and training just as much for good health, as to continue looking decent. Into the 2000's (becoming mayor) and beyond, bodybuilding's main role in his life was for health purposes more than anything else. He has recently stated that he now only trains for the health benefits, not to have big muscle or to be strong...and his diet confirms that, as he now eats very little overall protein (compared to his heavier training days) and is focused more on maximizing nutrition for the purpose of life extension and quality of life.

We all go through various phases in our life. I can guarantee that 99.9% of the people here will barely care about bodybuilding, if at all (other than training light to maybe stay healthy), by the time the are 70 years old. Most guys who don't make a living from it start moving on by the time they are somewhere in their 30's...and almost all begin moving on by the time they hit their 40's. This doesn't mean they stop training or suddenly don't care how they look, but rather, other things in their life begin to take greater precedence, while bodybuilding moves down on the priority scale. Marriage, children and career all begin to take the top spots in one's life....and as time continues to go on, bodybuilding falls farther and farther down the priority list.

At roughly 43 years old, I still care very much about muscle size and strength, but it's no longer my obsession. I am not wiling to sacrifice my family or career for it and I am MUCH more cognizant regarding the potential ill health effects these drugs can have on the body (and mind). My doses are a small fraction of what they once were...and they were never big to begin with.

As Shawn Ray once said, "bodybuilding is a young man's sport" and how correct he was. Bodybuilding on a serious, competitive level requires a vast amount of selfishness. By necessity, bodybuilding MUST take the #1 spot in the individual's life, or else one's goals will not be accomplished. Now, there are a small few who can put 100% into their bodybuding while also advancing their career and doing a good job as a father and husband, but these people are rare. In order for this to happen they not only need to be exemplary, extremely dedicated individuals with excellent time management skills, but these individuals are almost always wise about advancing their careers early in their life. This way, by the time they are in their later 20's or 30, they are already financially well off with a self-sustaining career that no longer requires a large percentage of their time. At this point, if the circumstances are right, it is possible to prioritize family and career, while still having enough time to put 100% into one's bodybuilding, but even then, it is still a difficult task and requires the ongoing support of one's spouse.

exactly, he spends most his time smoking weed like a hippy now

well said.:lightbulb:

Each person has different living conditions and psychological evolution. In reality, any pro sport is for young people, bodybuilding is no different in this regard, even can be a long-lived sport when we see guys like Dexter or Rhoden. Yaxeni Oriquen will compete next year at the Miss Olympia, she is 53. Lisa with 52:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEsJywIgVyI

Oh, Dorian is bored of watching bodybuilding? Bodybuilding was never the ideal sport to see, but to practice it. Besides, now it's more boring with so many new divisions.

Perhaps what distinguishes Ronnie from Dorian, Arnold or Ray, is that he never saw or feel the bodybuilding as a sacrifice or as a means/transitional stage to achieve something. That is why he has no resentment towards what he did in the past, as it seems to would happen with much people, who now feels he has to recover his life. The world is full of these people who did not live life according to their convictions, mainly because they didn't even develop a system of own thinking about the values they wanted to pursue.

Last edited:
Dorian had a hard time when he stopped competing, as Mike stated. He mentioned he got into depression afterwards, in some (one for sure) of his videos. Did anybody see him on that game show where he was bloated and out of shape? He also partied a lot right afterward. He has a severe shoulder injury and can't really train with it. I wouldn't say he doesn't follow BB'ing completely, as he still trains some pros, so I'm sure he stays in the loop enough to keep up to date on some things. He also has his supplement business. He does a ton of yoga and riding his bicycle everywhere. He is also always traveling. A recent video from like a year ago, he was getting interviewed at his home and had to end the video because he didn't want to miss a meal. What made Dorian great is that he gave up everything for his goal of bodybuilding...he was machine-like. He was also a lot smarter in his approach on what worked and what didn't work. He was a lot more methodical, compared to some of the other guys during his time, even Duchaine mentioned that he was smarter in his approach than the other guys competing against him. He mentioned he had to be the way he was to beat other guys like Flex and Kevin since their genetics were so great. Of course, he missed out on a lot of other things in life, as Mike mentioned. I see Dorian just doing what he wants, and he is having fun and enjoying himself. I think he has to find ways to stay busy and challenging, as he is goal oriented and has that extreme mentality. He probably has to distance himself from BB'ing to a degree, as it was an addiction. Thje good thing is that there's endless things out there to do in life that will keep you busy.

I think he has to find ways to stay busy and challenging, as he is goal oriented and has that extreme mentality. He probably has to distance himself from BB'ing to a degree, as it was an addiction. Thje good thing is that there's endless things out there to do in life that will keep you busy.

All yoga and the spiritual path is precisely about this. I don't know if Dorian lives it as a fad/hobby or wants to take it to the end.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws