over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Got a script for androgel looking for alternatives and opinions

fnripped

Newbies
I got a script for Androgel 1%. The doc was very willing to write the script and start TRT but was not willing to do injections. The doc told me she has never prescribed injections and did not feel comfortable with them because she has little experience with that method of administration. I asked her a few other questions and I believe from my research I got bad information. She recommended an Endo but it is an 8 month wait.

Second issue is my wife is trying to get pregnant. I was wondering if a protocol of HCG, clomid and nolvadex would do any good to bump my test up temporarily and increase our chances of conceiving. before I go on TRT.

I want to get this straight as soon as possible as I feel like complete shit ( fatigue, no motivation, poor concentration) a majority of the time.

My bloodwork was:

Total Test: 255
TSH 2.61
T4 6.8
FSH 5.6
LH 6.3
PSA .4

35 years old

Any and all opinions or information is greatly appreciated.

Since your doc is only willing to write a script for the gel it it a good place to start .see how you feel on it and I'm sure your doc will want to do bloodwork in a couple of weeks to check your test levels and adjust your dose accordingly .it seems your doc isn't too experienced with trt so you should consider finding one that can meet your needs .if you are going to start trt and want to maintain fertility hcg should be used at 250ius-500ius two to three times per week .

You should go to a different doc. Honestly, androgel sucks and isn't worth a lick IMO. If you are trying to get your wife pregnant right now, I would hold off on the hrt until you accomplish your goal.

You could try applying phlojel ultra or dmso after you put on the androgel to help increase absorption somewhat, but don't expect much. It would be best to take the time to find a doc that will prescribe shots.

I intend to find a doc who will prescribe injectable test(hopefully). My problem is the area I am in the wait for an Endo is about 8 months and there are only about 4 within a 30 mile radius. I called around to several GP's who are accepting new patients and the wait time for them is 3 - 5 months depending on what one I choose.

My options as I see them now until I can get in to see another doctor ( preferably an endo) are:

1) Use the androgel until I can get into see another doctor.

2) Use HCG, clomid and nolvadex in an effort to boost test levels.....this would only be temporary until I could see another doctor.

3) Look into an anti aging clinic and pay out of pocket

4) Do nothing and just wait until I can make an appointment to see another doctor.

Last edited:
Exogenous test is detrimental to conception! Can be done but harder. I loved fortesta for about 9 months. My body soaked it up. Over time it was not effective. My skin stopped absorbing after that time frame. Dry white crusty marks were left on me where it stopped absorbing. It is a quick fix, but injections are the long run solution.

I intend to find a doc who will prescribe injectable test(hopefully). My problem is the area I am in the wait for an Endo is about 8 months and there are only about 4 within a 30 mile radius. I called around to several GP's who are accepting new patients and the wait time for them is 3 - 5 months depending on what one I choose.

My options as I see them now until I can get in to see another doctor ( preferably an endo) are:

1) Use the androgel until I can get into see another doctor.

2) Use HCG, clomid and nolvadex in an effort to boost test levels.....this would only be temporary until I could see another doctor.

3) Look into an anti aging clinic and pay out of pocket

4) Do nothing and just wait until I can make an appointment to see another doctor.

Endos are rare everywhere. I asked my hematologist why that is and he said it is well known that they are not paid well; so most people who specialize in a field of medicine don't choose that. I can understand now why they can be hard to find. Areas like cardiology or Oncology/hematology are much more lucrative and coming out of medical school with so much debt would make it hard.

I personally use a testosterone troche that is bioidentical. It is available from O' Brien pharmacy in Missouri. Can be made up at any compounding pharmacy, but I had heard that O'Brien's has high quality.

Place troche between cheek and gum twice daily and can get the test level you desire. Absorption is over 90%. I use 40mg twice daily and my levels last time were aprox. 1200. I find it to be more convenient than gels or creams. I started w/ the test cream and hated it. Was inconvenient and burned my skin.

Nice thing about the troche is that there is no testicular atrophy. It goes in your system fast and comes out fast. Blood test should be done at 6 hours after dosing. This may be what you are looking for if you are trying to conceive since you are still producing your own test once the exogenous starts to decline.

I personally use a testosterone troche that is bioidentical. It is available from O' Brien pharmacy in Missouri. Can be made up at any compounding pharmacy, but I had heard that O'Brien's has high quality.

Place troche between cheek and gum twice daily and can get the test level you desire. Absorption is over 90%. I use 40mg twice daily and my levels last time were aprox. 1200. I find it to be more convenient than gels or creams. I started w/ the test cream and hated it. Was inconvenient and burned my skin.

Nice thing about the troche is that there is no testicular atrophy. It goes in your system fast and comes out fast. Blood test should be done at 6 hours after dosing. This may be what you are looking for if you are trying to conceive since you are still producing your own test once the exogenous starts to decline.

All Test is bioidentical.

Only when you get into the complex peptides/preoteins that you have these "bioidentical" issues. Like hGH, the h stands for human, and your natural GH is copied from the code of your DNA. These are complex codes that are sequences of proteins.

Testosterone is a simple derivative of Cholesterol.

That said, a sublingual administration of testosterone can be a good idea.

I was under the impression that they could do some DNA testing and make a "bio identical" version of your test? No? Bc I'm well aware test is a cholesterol derivative, just like d3, but I thought there was more to it? Like compounding pharm making test creams...? I do know this one older guy was on a pregnenolone/dhea/test cream and Arimidex tabs (looked frikin great). Idk, input appreciated.
Sublingual test? Is this available in the states? I imagine that would be a Great way to get into bloodstream vs shitty transdermals.

I was under the impression that they could do some DNA testing and make a "bio identical" version of your test? No? Bc I'm well aware test is a cholesterol derivative, just like d3, but I thought there was more to it? Like compounding pharm making test creams...? I do know this one older guy was on a pregnenolone/dhea/test cream and Arimidex tabs (looked frikin great). Idk, input appreciated.
Sublingual test? Is this available in the states? I imagine that would be a Great way to get into bloodstream vs shitty transdermals.

Bio-identical simply means that the compound/hormone shares an identical molecular structure to the same compound/hormone your body produces or once produced naturally.

The benefit of compounding pharmacies when it comes to bio-identical hormone replacement therapy is the fact that the pharmacy is able to tailor the dose specifically towards the patient, or when combining multiple compounds within one cream or capsule.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131