over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Injury question

Nssca

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
*1) The problem:
About a year ago I (not completely) tore my thigh muscle/tendon. Heard/felt it pop and noted bruising and edema for a while after wards. The Orthopedic Doc said it was fine and it would heal with out surgery. And for the most part it did.
Well now the problem is...It takes for ever to warm up that leg before a good thigh session. It feels like scar tissue has built up and it just kills until I do many warm up sets. Also there is that mental phobia factor. I have a problem getting past the fear it could or would happen again and I feel like I'm holding back from going all out.
*2) Question:
Want do you guys who have had major injuries and have healed, do to get back to 100% and over come the fear of re-injury. and does the scar tissue finally become pain free?
Thanks

*2) Question:
Want do you guys who have had major injuries and have healed, do to get back to 100% and over come the fear of re-injury. and does the scar tissue finally become pain free?
Thanks[/QUOTE]
TO get over the fear you need to work back up to pre-injury workout weight slow to get the mental aspect of your training back on track. I've been there before and I'm there again. It's been 4 1/2wks since my last knee surgery with alot of rehab left to do but I stay positive and just train.

I wear a velcro neoprene knee thingy I bought at wal-mart. ITs not great but it keeps the knee tight, and helps with the pain factor.
Its the weakness/tooth ache-like pain I feel around the old injury that is the problem...
Will the pain go away in time?

DaRooster said:
I wear a velcro neoprene knee thingy I bought at wal-mart. ITs not great but it keeps the knee tight, and helps with the pain factor.
Its the weakness/tooth ache-like pain I feel around the old injury that is the problem...
Will the pain go away in time?

I tore the smallest thigh muscle in my leg. Like you it didnt require surgery.
But on the other hand it took a complete year before my leg felt right again.

DaRooster said:
*1) The problem:
About a year ago I (not completely) tore my thigh muscle/tendon. Heard/felt it pop and noted bruising and edema for a while after wards. The Orthopedic Doc said it was fine and it would heal with out surgery. And for the most part it did.
Well now the problem is...It takes for ever to warm up that leg before a good thigh session. It feels like scar tissue has built up and it just kills until I do many warm up sets. Also there is that mental phobia factor. I have a problem getting past the fear it could or would happen again and I feel like I'm holding back from going all out.
*2) Question:
Thanks

Currently going through this with my torn pec. I have a large lump of scar tissue that gets irritated every once in a while. I began massaging the scar tissue and it has helped some, but I was told that you have to massage it the same amount of time that it took to build up. So that would be like a year. You want to try and massage it across the grain of that muscle.
To get over the fear of tearing my pec again, I found that doing my bench press in a power rack with safety bars has given me my confidence back. Maybe you could do squats in a power rack? Or something similar?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131