over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Laser hair removal

Keefs

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
I’m not a super hairy guy but for some reason the hair on my lower arms and legs can get really long and bushy. Earlier this year I gave laser hair removal a shot. I ended up buying a package of 12 treatments for just my lower arms. It was surprisingly affordable because they were running a special.

So here’s my experience. I had never shaved or removed my arm hair before. Before my first treatment I was instructed to shave my arms with a razor. I did this the night before and I loved how sexy it made my forearms look. They actually looked a lot bigger and more vascular! The laser treatment itself was pretty cool. You could smell the hair burning under the skin and it wasn’t too painful but you could definitely feel the heat. During the treatment I was talking with the tech about what kind of results I could expect. She said that it was gonna grow back patchy as hell and I’d need to keep shaving until the next treatment. That freaked me out a little since I didn’t really want to shave every few days. After a few weeks the hair on my arms really was still pretty nonexistent. There were some fine hairs coming back and some longer dark hairs too. It was a little bit patchy but overall I really loved the reduction. However, some of my hair follicles would get inflamed and cause red bumps that didn’t look good at all. I thought that issue would fade after a couple of weeks but it didn’t. I found that washing my forearms with benzoyl peroxide once a day really helped knock the inflammation down. I had my second treatment 5 weeks later and it was the same thing. I really loved the reduction and how long it took for the hair to grow back, but fighting the inflammation was annoying. I haven’t been back for another treatment in 3 months for that reason but I’m thinking about starting it up again in the fall. My arm hair has pretty much grown all back in and slightly reduced after those treatments. It did not grow back patchy at all.

I’m curious to hear what you guys think about laser hair removal and your experiences with it. Or just what methods of hair removal you prefer and why. I know that no matter what I do, I’ll be fighting inflammation and ingrown hairs because of how course my hair is!

Hair on your arms, legs etc is easy to trim with a good machine. Now having a hairy back is another story. It grows super fast and thick for me. Probably due to the peds and supplements. I'm still trying to decide whether it's worth to laser it off. I mean... it would be awesome not have to deal with trimming it 2-3x a week but what you said about hair follicles getting inflamed is what I'm afraid of. I even get some issues when I have my back trimmed with the machine sometimes. Waxing probably carries the same risk. That's something I've been considering too.

By machine do you mean hair trimmers or clippers. I’ve tried that on my arms and it looks kind of stupid for some reason. I’ve always knocked the hair on my legs down with trimmers and it looks really good! I don’t know why it looks silly on my arms but it does. I’m hoping that after a bunch more laser treatments the inflammation calms down. The laser treatment place seems to think that it will once the hair gets finer. I don’t have a lot on my back but if I did I would 100 percent get laser done. I wouldn’t worry as much about inflamed follicles on my back. You’re gonna have a shirt on most of the time and no one will even know.

Thanks for sharing your laser hair removal journey! Totally get the struggle with inflammation; it can be a buzzkill. I also went for laser; the reduction was a win. The spa used this machine (cooling laser hair removal machine). Now my skin is so much smoother.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws