over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Raised my HDL by 50% in 6 months

pittsburgh

Registered
Raised my HDL from 45 to 67 by only making 2 changes. I switched to organic fruits and vegetables and tried to make sure my meats and cheeses were grass fed.

We are 90% paleo, 90% of the time.

Niacin is excellent for raising HDL as well.

Your HDL is great but we need more specifics.

Are you on any gear?
Did you come off gear and then start applying these methods?
Did you start taking HDL raising supplements?

Your HDL is great but we need more specifics.

Are you on any gear?
Did you come off gear and then start applying these methods?
Did you start taking HDL raising supplements?

Agreed. Also, did you take any orals in your last cycle?

Haven't been on any gear in about 1 year. The diet was the only thing I changed. Everything else (training, vitamins, sleep) remained the same.

Very cool.

I have heard of this "grass fed" cardiovascular benefit a few times now. Anyone know of any empirical studies that have looked at this?

The grass fed benefit is mainly due to the Omega 3 in the meat. Once you pull a cow off the grass pasture to the feed lot, the Omega 3 goes down and the Omega 6 goes up

**broken link removed**

Same thing for grass fed dairy cow...

So besides the chemicals is there that much of a difference between organic and non? Enlighten me please.

Thank you for bringing this up pittsburgh.

A lot of people on here could use the info.

So besides the chemicals is there that much of a difference between organic and non? Enlighten me please.

Organic and grass fed are not necessarily the same! It has to be 100% pasture raised for the full benifits. Usually it is organic but not always.

Raised my HDL from 45 to 67 by only making 2 changes. I switched to organic fruits and vegetables and tried to make sure my meats and cheeses were grass fed.

We are 90% paleo, 90% of the time.

so you were paleo before at 45?
since most people are cash strapped to buy greass fed everything and organic food wouldn't it work by simply adding omega 3's to the diet in supplemental form?

great results by the way (67!)

The grass fed benefit is mainly due to the Omega 3 in the meat. Once you pull a cow off the grass pasture to the feed lot, the Omega 3 goes down and the Omega 6 goes up

**broken link removed**

Same thing for grass fed dairy cow...

I only briefly skimmed - but it sounds like you could supplement with omega-3 vitamins in order to get the correct ratio.

Also, there are no references here: not saying that it is uninformed, it just would help to see where they got this info from.

so you were paleo before at 45?
since most people are cash strapped to buy greass fed everything and organic food wouldn't it work by simply adding omega 3's to the diet in supplemental form?

great results by the way (67!)

Agreed - it seems that this would be more economical, especially if this ratio issue is the only factor involved.

IMO grassfed beef taste like poo, I've tried some from a couple places and don't like it. And I hate cleaning meat to begin with, but it was always extra bloody. Yes I sound like a little girl, but it just was not appealing to me and I live off steak.

My problem is that most organic fruits/veggies aren't really much different, and there aren't enough regulations so most is a marketing ploy, but with beef you just need to find a place who will allow you to walk thru and see the entire process.

if you have some time, check out each article on this website. very good info.

**broken link removed**

Nicely done pittsburgh.
I think its important to note that for most of us raising HDL is not quite as simple as merely adding grass feed beef and organic fruits and veggies. I know you didn't say that either. Just reminding the casual reading it usually takes a holistic plan which includes coming off or limited certain compounds for certain periods of time. Yes diet is key too. So can supplementation be.

Nicely done pittsburgh.
I think its important to note that for most of us raising HDL is not quite as simple as merely adding grass feed beef and organic fruits and veggies. I know you didn't say that either. Just reminding the casual reading it usually takes a holistic plan which includes coming off or limited certain compounds for certain periods of time. Yes diet is key too. So can supplementation be.

Good point here. Note pittsburgh is clean. If he'd been running a gram of tren per week and simply added in grass fed beef, his results almost assuredly would not have been the same (I expect his HDL would've slowly went the other direction, but that's just guesswork).

Good point here. Note pittsburgh is clean. If he'd been running a gram of tren per week and simply added in grass fed beef, his results almost assuredly would not have been the same (I expect his HDL would've slowly went the other direction, but that's just guesswork).

IME no matter how pristine my diet and supps are I lose 1-2 HDL points per week on tren

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws