over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Syncope(Orthostatic Hypotension)

Pheedno

Registered
In the last 8 months this has ramped up considerably. To the point I've passed out and hit my head on a bench on one occasion that resulted in a mild concussion. It manifests after sitting or squatting for more than a minute. Specifically when in a hip flexed position and more sever when hip flexed and knee flexed. I've never in my life had this problem after any body position for short or long periods.
Just had a doc visit, full work up. Everything looks great outside of a low platelet count of 129 but all my past workups have it at 129-150.
No new meds introduced in the last years outside of a reintro of growth hormone at 1.5iu a day and I'm holding close to zero water with it. Standard measure of BP is around 125/80 whenever taken. No other signs or symptoms elsewhere. Although I do have an abscessed molar from a botched root canal that is getting reworked in early Feb.
Doc, who I like and is very open to anything I like to try or test did not seem concerned. I do have a cardiac CT scheduled. Just turned 42

Has anyone experienced an uptick in this ever?

Improve your leg vasculature. Sounds like blood is either not reaching your legs (eg, do you get 'pins and needles'?) w/ veinous insufficiency in your lower extremities. Then you stand up and the blood in your upper body, your trunk, all flows back down into your legs (gravity) causing a momentary BP crash.

I'll have this happen if I kneel down and sit back on my heals , after a few minutes it I stand right up I'll get a little BP drop. It's definitely worse when I'm in a calorie deficit

We had a guy over seas that would fall out when his blood pressure would get down to the normal 115-60 range , his resting was generally 140-80 and the guy was an absolute machine in the gym and running. He just had irregularly high blood pressure his whole life.

I'd definitely check with a cardiologist if it's something that just started , there could be an obstruction somewhere

What is your food situation at those times you feel light headed. On any stims?

It's strange. I don't seem to have any other circulatory symptoms and it literally went from never being an issue to BOOM, close to blacking out and then worsening to the passout/concussion incident
Diet has been near the same thing for years. Same with food timing. I have 2-3 cups of coffee a day but that's it on stims.
I just thought about this now, and I don't want this to get into a debate on the matter, but it did start happening around the time I got vaccinated(March/April '21) and the pass out/concussion happened about 6-7weeks after contracting covid(Aug '21). Hmm.
Well, we'll start with the heart scan and eliminate as possible.

I've also had this happen since being vaccinated... Well I didn't completely pass out but I get these dizzy spells that bring me close to a blackout.

Right after I had my first Moderna vaccine I had a few weeks where I would feel dizzy and near passing out feeling around the middle of the day. I attributed this to the vaccine. I did not have this reaction with the 2nd injection or the booster though.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear