over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

testosterone and hypotension?

bloodshed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I had a question regarding this. A friend of mine was running testosterone at 600mg a week, and a couple weeks in experienced such a severe case of hypotension that he had to be admitted to the hospital for about a week. The doctor said the steroids were the cause, but I'm having a hard time finding any known correlation. Do any of you know if there is any link, or if it was most likely coincidence?

Are you referring to hypertension (high blood pressure)? Testosterone use is linked to high blood pressure.

no, im referring to hypotension, low blood pressure. thats why i was thrown off. i know about the links to high blood pressure but i never heard of it dropping too low. thats why i was curious if there are any known links or if it was pure coincidence..

I had a question regarding this. A friend of mine was running testosterone at 600mg a week, and a couple weeks in experienced such a severe case of hypotension that he had to be admitted to the hospital for about a week. The doctor said the steroids were the cause, but I'm having a hard time finding any known correlation. Do any of you know if there is any link, or if it was most likely coincidence?

Wonder how high it was. They will rarely admit you in the hospital unless extreme. I would guess he has an uderlying hypertension issue before the test use. He could always cut the dosage back and using an AI will help with hypertension too.

Wonder how high it was. They will rarely admit you in the hospital unless extreme. I would guess he has an uderlying hypertension issue before the test use. He could always cut the dosage back and using an AI will help with hypertension too.

I think you misunderstood me, his blood pressure dropped too low. he happened to be taking test and i was wondering if this could have been the cause, or if it was most likely coincidence.

I think you misunderstood me, his blood pressure dropped too low. he happened to be taking test and i was wondering if this could have been the cause, or if it was most likely coincidence.

Never heard of that. ONly guess I could make would be some sort of anaphylatic reaction to the injection, but even then I think it would be hypertension instead. Im interested to know why the doc would say this also.

Never heard of that. ONly guess I could make would be some sort of anaphylatic reaction to the injection, but even then I think it would be hypertension instead. Im interested to know why the doc would say this also.

I personally think its a bit of ignorance and arrogance on the docs part. it was most likely coincidental and genetic, especially considering he had only been on for 2 weeks, and when he told the doctor he was using, it was just the anti steroid blame game. ive done quite a few searches, and i cant find any relation between the 2.

I personally think its a bit of ignorance and arrogance on the docs part. it was most likely coincidental and genetic, especially considering he had only been on for 2 weeks, and when he told the doctor he was using, it was just the anti steroid blame game. ive done quite a few searches, and i cant find any relation between the 2.

I'm going with that one too. The only problem is that this guy really does have some kind of serious medical condtion, and the stupid doc sounds like he isnt investigating any other causes. I'm worried that this will happen again to the patient, and maybe next time he wont be so lucky.

I'm going with that one too. The only problem is that this guy really does have some kind of serious medical condtion, and the stupid doc sounds like he isnt investigating any other causes. I'm worried that this will happen again to the patient, and maybe next time he wont be so lucky.

thats what im worried about if he decides to use again. im advising him that if he does decide to use again, to start off with prop or suspension just because it clears his system faster, that way if he starts noticing symptoms the test wont be there as long to do as much damage. he says he would be able to catch it if it started happening now that hes experienced it. im just baffled at his doctors excuse and want to hear if anybody else has heard of this.

thats what im worried about if he decides to use again. im advising him that if he does decide to use again, to start off with prop or suspension just because it clears his system faster, that way if he starts noticing symptoms the test wont be there as long to do as much damage. he says he would be able to catch it if it started happening now that hes experienced it. im just baffled at his doctors excuse and want to hear if anybody else has heard of this.

I'm thinking it may not be related at all to the gear, and that is a distinct possiblity. I do think though that its not smart of him to tempt fate and experiment on himself in this way. If I were him I would see a cardiologist perhaps and get another opinion. Was this just a GP he was seeing?

well, when i just asked him if it was his GP or a cardiologist, it turns out that it is a very close family friend that happens to be a doctor. That really makes alot of sense to me as to why he came to that conclusion.

Anaphylactic shock a possibility?

Could have been a bad reaction to the gear? An allergy? Wondring if this was the first time he ever used this gear. Just a shot in the dark, but hypotension is a symtom of this.

The Doctors Company | Anaphylactic Shock

that is a possibility, but when iit happened he was excercising and it caused him to pass out. i would always imagine the shock being a sudden thing, not a gradual thing, but im not an expert on that. and i think i said he was 2 weeks in earlier, he was actuallly 2 months in. he had also injected 2 days before that had happened. what im reading about anaphylatic shock says that it typically develops within minutes to hours, so im not so sure that is the case. it was entirely out of the blue, no signs it was going to happen, he was running and he collapsed.

I have a lowered blood pressure on all stimulants as well, some people just react adversely

that is a possibility, but when iit happened he was excercising and it caused him to pass out. i would always imagine the shock being a sudden thing, not a gradual thing, but im not an expert on that. and i think i said he was 2 weeks in earlier, he was actuallly 2 months in. he had also injected 2 days before that had happened. what im reading about anaphylatic shock says that it typically develops within minutes to hours, so im not so sure that is the case. it was entirely out of the blue, no signs it was going to happen, he was running and he collapsed.

yeah, with those circumstances it seems highly unlikely.

when he was telling me everything that happened, it seemed like heat stroke, except he was sweating profusely. the only explanation was that he was heating up to a point to where he couldnt sweat fast enough, but im not sure if thats possible.

Typical cause is electrolyte imbalance such as low sodium/high potassium ratio not sure of correlation with gear was he taking and diuretics?

when he was telling me everything that happened, it seemed like heat stroke, except he was sweating profusely. the only explanation was that he was heating up to a point to where he couldnt sweat fast enough, but im not sure if thats possible.

I had heat stroke once and my heart rate was racing and so I assume my BP was high too but maybe I am wrong.

With anaphylaxis, it happens fast...

Pulse goes up rapidly and BP drops low. I used to take allergy shots and had an anaphylactic reaction. Within 5 minutes I was getting an injection of epinephrine. It is life threatening and heart failure will/can occur within minutes of onset.

You get very pale because the heart is so tachycardic that it's not able to fill and pump effeciently. It really sucks and emergency medicine is needed at this point.

With anaphylaxis, it happens fast...

Pulse goes up rapidly and BP drops low. I used to take allergy shots and had an anaphylactic reaction. Within 5 minutes I was getting an injection of epinephrine. It is life threatening and heart failure will/can occur within minutes of onset.

You get very pale because the heart is so tachycardic that it's not able to fill and pump effeciently. It really sucks and emergency medicine is needed at this point.

Yeah, sounds like me when I had my tachycardia when squating after my heart attack. they had to defib me 2x to get my heart back in rhythm. A very scarry feeling indeed. its like a runaway train that you cannot stop. My heart just kept beating faster and faster until it was just about quivering and then I passed out (syncope).

My daughter is very allergic to wheat and when she had her first bad reaction she almost got to this point. We now have an EPI pen just incase it happens again.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nopko
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131