over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

yes i'm a newbe

got2behuge

Newbies
for starters i'm nate and i'm new to this forum.. I'm not new to weight lifting or bodybuilding..i've been following it for 10 years so i kinda know a little.. nothing of roids though....and as i said i've followed the sport..but it wasn't till january 9th of this year that i finally got serious about it.. and in this month time i have seen some excellent progress..this is with out the help of supplements and semi watching my caloric intake...for further info about me i still do have the spare tire thing going on and its comming off slowly but surely...i have been working out seriously for a month now and i have increased my muscle siz and my waist has gotten smaller and i am still at the same weight which i really enjoy.....

and for what i plan on doing is going as far as i can naturally for atleast a year using multvitamins and supplements...i want to take the mega man sport vitamins and the omega complex (EFA) and put it together with cell-tech and nitro-tech....

is this a good combo and what other ways could i max my muscle gains and loose some fat while i'm doing this...besides te traditional cardio...and is that thermogenics thing i read about actually work... i believe it is made by muscle tech as well....

any help would be awesome...

thanks...

nate

Diet will do it!

Welcome to Pro Muscle!

My personal opinion is that virtually all supplements are a waste of money. Almost none survive the trip across the lumen of your gut, and your liver. This is called First Pass metabolism, and is why oral meds are hard on your liver - they've been treated to survive at least somewhat.

You can do all the things you want to with a good and VARIED diet, If you're looking to try and lose a bit of fat, eat low-glycemic carbs (go to Google and type in Glycemic Index for a list), and substitute EFA for saturated fats.

Learn how your body responds to various levels of proteins and carbs, as well as different distribution patterns. Consume 100 gms of protein mixed with 100gms of carb (this carb can be high glycemic) IMMEDIATELY after training.

If you want to take a multi-vitamin/multi-mineral each day, that's fine, but don't waste you money on supplements - especially Muscle Tech's junk.

ok maybe a little bit more not sure

i appreciate your input on the matter DAd but here's another question...

what would be good to take??? i've read many posts in this forum that a certain protien is best... and yes my nutrition is in need of some serious work but it is comming along..(thanks for the recomended look up)...i'm sticking to mainly proteins and whole weat rice and whole weat pastas. i drink a gallon of water a day (4 liters). my main protein intake is chicken breast and tuna (in water of coarse).

and since reading your response and reading other posts by other members in this forum the only thing that matters in natural body building besides the lifting is the macronutrients (fats, carbs, proteins). With this said wouldn't nitro tech be ok for the protein because it is basically a whey protein?? and then cell tech it self is more of carb drink with creatine... of coarse i'm stupid when it comes to supplements. but the way i see it the added protein from the nitro accompanied by my regular protein intake would help me make my protein intake requirements.. and cell is supposedly a good post workout drink...

if my thoughts are wrong i just don't know that it is...and need some help..

and just to make it clear on what i am going for... of coarse i want to be massive.. but first i'm gonna loose the 20-30 odd pounds of fat i still carry and get somewhere about 12% bf and then start bulking up... i agree with what i've read about loosing the fat before bulking due to how hard it is to get rid of the excess weight in the end. and my stats from where i'm starting is 5'6 205 34-35 waist....my body part measurements have already increased from lifting for just this month and i will have those later... but i'm just trying to get everything on the right road and anything from anyone would be extremely helpful

and thanks for the welcome:D

I would personally get rid of the simple carbs like the pasta and rice. Especially the pasta. There is no good nutrition in pasta! LOL. (But it sure tastes good.) And especially if you're trying to lose fat. You might want to add yams instead and/or some greens/complex carbs.

I agree, alot of supps are a waste of money and it's hard to tell what is good and what isn't. Whey protein shakes are good but watch the sugar and carb content. And try to get the majority of your nutrition from the food you eat. And count everything! It's a drag, but it's good to know exactly what's going into your body.

Just my 2 cents.:)

Good Sense

This is all very good. I do agree with the use of the yams and green leafy vegitables. Try to stay away from the pasta (even whole wheat) because it is just more carbs that shouldn't be there for your case, even though it tastes great, we tend to eat far more than a simple serving when we do. Try to get most of your complex carbs in the early part of the day. In the morning for instance, first meal may have a cup of oatmeal (the real stuff, quaker), and maybe a fruit and a piece of whole wheat toast. This is just for the carbs, also of course get your protein. Then for lunch time or so, have some yams or brown rice for you carbs. Then start to taper off your carbs, to where you are only consuming green veggies for your carbs for the rest of the day. The initial carbs in the morning will supply you with the energy needed to get through the day without wanting to bite someones head off. lol. I am also not a big believer in supplements, due to the junk that is out there. I do find the multi vitamins, and green drink to be a benefit. If you can, get some of the green drink powder (alkalizing) and consume it throughout most of the day. I gurantee that you will love the whole physiological and psychological effects that you will experience. Do a search for that green drink you will find the websites. It is worth it, and it is relatively cheap. Other than that, keep grindin' it out. Good luck and God Bless.:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131