over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

few shots.

beans

Registered
have a few pics from today. 3 weeks from my first show ever. big learning experience. I[m gonna compete middleweight...im 5'3 172

Attachments

• iphone 109.jpg
    iphone 109.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,192
  • iphone 108.jpg
    iphone 108.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 977

Attachments

• New Image11.JPG
    New Image11.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 869
  • New Image12.JPG
    New Image12.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 760
  • New Image13.JPG
    New Image13.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 700
  • New Image14.JPG
    New Image14.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 689
That's awesome man! What kind of things have you learned? What pushed you to compete? I'm on the fence as to whether I want to compete or not is why I ask.

I've wanted to compete for a few years now. I gained a lot of fat since I was always in a permabulk with a shit diet. got to the point where I felt sick most of the time. I learned how my body responds to the foods I eat and the amounts. Shelby has been helping me. I'm only 5lbs lighter than when I started but didn't even have abs prior or any muscle seperation. Do one. learn your body.

Well for now I'm just a college kid about to do his first cycle. Depending on how this bulk goes I may consider one in the next two years. My area isn't big for bodybuilding at all, so the competition at local, and even statewide shows, is not that impressive.

my area isn't huge on shows either. I'm doing a lvl 3 show. 1.5hours away. I looked at the results last year and they weren't too impressive but who knows. All im trying to do is lean up a bit more. I won't be in the top of the weight class so ill need to be leaner to have a good showing.

Last edited:
Best of luck man! You look great, but these last three weeks will really get you looking shredded!

any criticism would be appreciated...i know i need to lean out more and add some size too. but what are my problem areas?

Your overall shape is actually pretty good! The only glaring thing I really see is your biceps/arm size. Other than that, just beef up EVERYWHERE. It's hard to determine weaknesses on people that need to be filled out to begin with. Myself included.

A good rule of thumb is to just train the shit out of body parts you hate to train ;). That's probably where you are lagging.

to be totally honest here, you are not 3 weeks out, more like 8 to 10
you are lean but not lean enough to be onstage in 3 weeks.
yes you can make a good change in 3 weeks

it's your first show just learn and enjoy it. have fun
also you might do well it all depends on who shows up

I've wanted to compete for a few years now. I gained a lot of fat since I was always in a permabulk with a shit diet. got to the point where I felt sick most of the time. I learned how my body responds to the foods I eat and the amounts. Shelby has been helping me. I'm only 5lbs lighter than when I started but didn't even have abs prior or any muscle seperation. Do one. learn your body.
I feel like that too when I get to a certain weight, but then drop a few lbs and feel good again.
my area isn't huge on shows either. I'm doing a lvl 3 show. 1.5hours away. I looked at the results last year and they weren't too impressive but who knows. All im trying to do is lean up a bit more. I won't be in the top of the weight class so ill need to be leaner to have a good showing.
Do they have a novice class?
to be totally honest here, you are not 3 weeks out, more like 8 to 10
you are lean but not lean enough to be onstage in 3 weeks.
yes you can make a good change in 3 weeks

it's your first show just learn and enjoy it. have fun
also you might do well it all depends on who shows up

Wow! I will have to respectfully totally disagree with you. I would bet my left nut that Beans will be in shape come show time, especially since he's working with Shelby. Beans, you are right on track buddy. Yes, you have a little bit left, but you have 20 days to get that last little bit off. Another 5-8 lbs, then when you dry out, you will look good and do well. I like your shape and think you have a lot of potential.

Thanks for the input guys. I know Im not 3 weeks out ready but I'm going to do this show for experience. I came to Shelby at probably over 20% bf so I've made decent progress for myself. I will be aiming to come in at the top of middles next year since that wont happen this year. My arms have always lagged along with my back thickness more so than any other body parts. I had 2 setbacks that messed up for about 2 weeks. Leg infection and nearly pulled a leg muscle. So I wasn't able to do cardio/ train legs.

Really?

I trained you right? You were never fat with me........you looked great if I remember correctly? You got fat? Anyway, you look good, you just need to get a tad leaner...........good shape though.

You look great for your first show and in 3 weeks im sure you are gonna win novice for sure , will you place well in open? depends on who shows up like said before no matter what coming from 20% you are gonna look great

I trained you right? You were never fat with me........you looked great if I remember correctly? You got fat? Anyway, you look good, you just need to get a tad leaner...........good shape though.

you did. helped build a good base too. I thought I did. I'd say at least around 15-20%bf.

You look great for your first show and in 3 weeks im sure you are gonna win novice for sure , will you place well in open? depends on who shows up like said before no matter what coming from 20% you are gonna look great

I know I could be leaner. But gives me room for huge improvements within the next year. This has been a great learning experience. Seeing how my body responds to certain training, cardio, diet. I hope to do decent. I won't be the biggest guy in the class so that's not going to work in my favor.

5 days. hasn't got to the fun part of carb loading/ cutting water and sodium. curious how that will play out.

Attachments

• iphone 122.jpg
    iphone 122.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 983
I really like your rear double bicep shot!

I think you look good. Some of the pics don't show you well due to the lack of light.

If you look at the rear double bicep pic, you will see what I mean. See how the light shows how defined your shoulders are?

yeah. i need to find a better place for lighting. ill post up some stage pics. I'm sure that will look much different due to the lighting and the tan.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightprowler7
NapsGear