over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

5 months of weekly caloric increases:

sbc5966

Registered
I'm now in month 5 of my bulk and have increased my calories every single week since I started.

I feel like I am finally starting to add a little beef to my frame.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-10-14 at 9.48.58 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-10-14 at 9.48.58 AM.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 867
FDB

Front double bicep:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-10-14 at 9.54.12 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-10-14 at 9.54.12 AM.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 849
Looking good and very little if any fat gain. Can you detail your diet and weekly increase more and scale difference I between two pics?

Yeh looking impressively lean considering upped calories each weak...sick quads to man!!

I'm now in month 5 of my bulk and have increased my calories every single week since I started.

I feel like I am finally starting to add a little beef to my frame.

What ever you are doing is working!! Great work!!

Awesome, can we get some more info? How much calorie increase, how much cardio, what is your primary protein source? What carbs? What do u feel worked? Bulk minimal fat gain, awesome good job

Looking good and very little if any fat gain. Can you detail your diet and weekly increase more and scale difference I between two pics?

I am curious too. You have made some impressive gains!

Thanks fellas! The first few months of this was an absolutely terrible process.

Start: 205 lbs
Current: 214 lbs as of the photos

I leaned out low carb style to an acceptable body fat THEN I spent 2 straight weeks at very low carb (nuts and vegetables only)

After that, I started increasing my calories on average 33 kcal per week (this is a weighted average)

50 on workout days (40 calories from carbs and 10 calories I can put wherever)
10 on non-workout days (I increase them by 50 calories every 5 weeks)

I basically added 10 carbs to my post workout shake every week.
When my post workout carbs got to 100 I then moved them to pre-workout
When my pre-workout carbs go to 50 I started moving them to the meal AFTER the post workout meal.
When the meal after my post workout meal becomes 100 carbs I'm going to start moving them to INTRA workout (next week)

As far as diet goes, I just eat the generic bodybuilding foods everyone else eats so long as they fit in the macros I have allotted for myself. I have treated this more seriously than a precontest diet. In the long run I don't believe one source of protein is really that much better than the other. Especially if you want to nitpick between chicken/steak/whey/casein et al.

I pretty much stick to chicken/oats/vegetables/peanut butter

Cardio: I ride my bike to work and then eat, so I guess you can say 20 minutes of fasted cardio 5 times per week :p

Thanks fellas! The first few months of this was an absolutely terrible process.

Start: 205 lbs
Current: 214 lbs as of the photos

I leaned out low carb style to an acceptable body fat THEN I spent 2 straight weeks at very low carb (nuts and vegetables only)

After that, I started increasing my calories on average 33 kcal per week (this is a weighted average)

50 on workout days (40 calories from carbs and 10 calories I can put wherever)
10 on non-workout days (I increase them by 50 calories every 5 weeks)

I basically added 10 carbs to my post workout shake every week.
When my post workout carbs got to 100 I then moved them to pre-workout
When my pre-workout carbs go to 50 I started moving them to the meal AFTER the post workout meal.
When the meal after my post workout meal becomes 100 carbs I'm going to start moving them to INTRA workout (next week)

As far as diet goes, I just eat the generic bodybuilding foods everyone else eats so long as they fit in the macros I have allotted for myself. I have treated this more seriously than a precontest diet. In the long run I don't believe one source of protein is really that much better than the other. Especially if you want to nitpick between chicken/steak/whey/casein et al.

I pretty much stick to chicken/oats/vegetables/peanut butter

Cardio: I ride my bike to work and then eat, so I guess you can say 20 minutes of fasted cardio 5 times per week :p
Awesome, great job man. Ijust came off tren/test recomp, gonna do bulk scared to put any fat on..i have to learn how to eat...also gonna try like you weekly steady gain...no bullshit...slowand steady

Here is a typical off day:

1: 8 oz chicken breast 5 oz vegetables
2. 5 oz peanut butter 4 oz carrots
3. 8 oz chicken breast 5 oz vegetables
4. 5 oz peanut butter 4 oz carrots
5. 6 whole eggs + vegetables

2650 cals

Here is my current workout day:

1. 4 oz chicken breast 4 oz peanut butter 4 oz carrots
2. 4 oz chicken breast 4 oz peanut butter 4 oz carrots
3. (pre workout) 1 scoop whey + 56g raisin bran
(Intra workout) 1 scoop whey + bcaa + beta alanine + creatine
4. (Post workout) 1 scoop whey + 140g blueberries + 15g flax + 112g oats
5. (Post post workout) 120g minute rice + 8 oz fish/chicken breast

3400 cals

I count the macros from every source. Even the protein from my spinach.

I started at 2400 on off days and 2400 on workout days. Yikes.

Here is a typical off day:

1: 8 oz chicken breast 5 oz vegetables
2. 5 oz peanut butter 4 oz carrots
3. 8 oz chicken breast 5 oz vegetables
4. 5 oz peanut butter 4 oz carrots
5. 6 whole eggs + vegetables

2650 cals

Here is my current workout day:

1. 4 oz chicken breast 4 oz peanut butter 4 oz carrots
2. 4 oz chicken breast 4 oz peanut butter 4 oz carrots
3. (pre workout) 1 scoop whey + 56g raisin bran
(Intra workout) 1 scoop whey + bcaa + beta alanine + creatine
4. (Post workout) 1 scoop whey + 140g blueberries + 15g flax + 112g oats
5. (Post post workout) 120g minute rice + 8 oz fish/chicken breast

3400 cals

I count the macros from every source. Even the protein from my spinach.

I started at 2400 on off days and 2400 on workout days. Yikes.

holy shit dude that's 75grams of fat and 61 grams of fat. I could calculate it but I know you have it laid out already can you post the macro breakdowns for the off day and workout days, even each meal if possible. Thanks just very curious

i predict you are going to be the new "shelby" and will have great improvements over the next few years. When someone is this meticulous with their diet day in and day out, success is not optional. Good job. Dont burn out.. (although its hard too when results are coming).

Nice work and cool diet plan. Only advice would be maybe rotate with almond butter or other sources to avoid developing peanut allergy. Not sure how much of a concern that really is but it seems like allot to eat all the time given how allergic some people are?

Nice work and cool diet plan. Only advice would be maybe rotate with almond butter or other sources to avoid developing peanut allergy. Not sure how much of a concern that really is but it seems like allot to eat all the time given how allergic some people are?

I have a feeling I would have developed an allergy already, or at least uncovered one I already had. I do cycle in with almonds. I go through like 5 pounds of peanut butter per week LOL!

i predict you are going to be the new "shelby" and will have great improvements over the next few years. When someone is this meticulous with their diet day in and day out, success is not optional. Good job. Dont burn out.. (although its hard too when results are coming).

I am more than flattered. I have no good response. I had the pleasure of meeting Shelby at the olympia and shaking his hand. I went off for a couple minutes about my obsession with science and nutrition education lol. He was nice enough to nod his head and smile :). He is a big inspiration for my meticulousness.

holy shit dude that's 75grams of fat and 61 grams of fat. I could calculate it but I know you have it laid out already can you post the macro breakdowns for the off day and workout days, even each meal if possible. Thanks just very curious

I attached a recent workout day and off day.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-10-16 at 7.24.48 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-10-16 at 7.24.48 PM.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 308
  • Screen shot 2013-10-16 at 7.23.24 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-10-16 at 7.23.24 PM.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 253
Nice job! Do your dance!

puQNst2.gif

nice work man.

how long have you been consuming meals without complete protein sources (ie: whey, meat or eggs)... your progress from your methodical increases in calories from specific macros in particular areas seems to have worked flawlessly. How do you keep so regiment

I don't have time or patience to really get into the protein thing. Alrighty... maybe a little.

But this "incomplete protein" jargon is nonsense.

People act like the protein doesn't count in things like peanuts.
It does, no two ways about it. There is plenty of muscle building potential.

The muscle building capacity of amino acids has an inflection point of usefulness. People don't need as much as they think.

I get a spike in Skeletal muscle protein synthesis from the "whole protein" meat meal and it is EASILY maintained by the 35g of protein and moderate carbs from the peanut butter.

I have my meals spaced so that by the time I may or may not have a dip in skeletal muscle protein synthesis I hit it with a "whole protein" meal again.

Pounding high amounts of "whole protein" all day does not mean any more skeletal muscle proteins synthesis, in reality you are more likely to get a negative rebound from excess, and an increase of gluconeogenic activity. If

you dip, then you are more likely to spike. You can't spike and then maintain, the body just doesn't work like that.

As far as staying regimented? I just decided that I was going to go into pre contest mode, but add calories instead. After a little while I became a machine. Then I started to see improvements.

I'm a scientist, so it really helps with my outlook on food. I think of it as a tool, not a bargaining chip or a reward. I have just been spending the last year or so determining my long term attack on my diet to become a mutant. This is what I have decided on.

Funny enough. A large population on this board would say that I only consume 124g of protein on my off days like 165g of protein on my workout days because they don't count "whole protein" sources as food. They contain calories just like anything else.

EDIT: SMA I have been doing my diet like this since the inception of my bulk (May of this year). Also, thanks for the compliment! if it seemed like I was going off on you, I wasn't. Just my 0.02 on a subject that gets me revved up :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity