over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help! Can't get my printer to work

Sassy

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have an old '04 iBook G4 that is struggling to stay alive. I keep hoping I'll be able buy a new macbook soon but until then I have to keep this on alive and kicking. I'm running OS 10.5.8 and my printer is a Lexmark Z816 (810 series). I haven't had any trouble out of my printer until the other day. Now nothing.

It started when I tried to print and I got this printer error message: "Unable to read CUPS raster data" it closed the query.

I went in and deleted out the printer drivers and tried reinstalling them. During re-installation it give me a message say it can't find the printer. It's ask me to check the connection and make sure it is plugged in. The printer is connected, plugged in and turned on. It still can't connected.

Any ideas on what I should do now? Hard to run a business when you can't print. :banghead:

Kaiser... I saw that thread a couple of days ago. Thanks! I reread it. I was doing the right thing.

Go figure... I've done those very same steps over and over. I deleted the printer from my printer list via systems pref as well as going through the file and deleting them. I even downloaded the files off Lexmark website and reinstalled them with no help.

Then today, I deleted the printer from the printer list AGAIN added back in and mysteriously it started printing again. Go figure?! I guess I just wasn't holding my mouth right.

It's working now... maybe today the moon, stars and earth were in proper alignment. :rolleyes:

Kaiser... I saw that thread a couple of days ago. Thanks! I reread it. I was doing the right thing.

Go figure... I've done those very same steps over and over. I deleted the printer from my printer list via systems pref as well as going through the file and deleting them. I even downloaded the files off Lexmark website and reinstalled them with no help.

Then today, I deleted the printer from the printer list AGAIN added back in and mysteriously it started printing again. Go figure?! I guess I just wasn't holding my mouth right.

It's working now... maybe today the moon, stars and earth were in proper alignment. :rolleyes:

Was probably still on vacation from July 4th. :)

BTW, did you apply the latest MAC updates as they recommended?

No. My laptop's memory is maxed out. I had to move most of my documents and other working files to an external harddrive just to keep it running. When I try to update software or anything, it gives me an error message saying I don't have enough memory. :(

Since the bulk of my business is graphic design, I'm holding out for MacBook Pro. It's not just about the mac. I'll need Adobe Creative Suite which isn't cheap.

No. My laptop's memory is maxed out. I had to move most of my documents and other working files to an external harddrive just to keep it running. When I try to update software or anything, it gives me an error message saying I don't have enough memory. :(

Since the bulk of my business is graphic design, I'm holding out for MacBook Pro. It's not just about the mac. I'll need Adobe Creative Suite which isn't cheap.

pm me.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity