over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to decrease waist size?

tjschoenborn

Registered
Over the last few years as I have moved from Moddleweights to Heavyweights my waist has thickened. i know that competing 40#s heavier My waist will grow some but Being I am only 5'6" My waist is not that long so it can only grow out. I want to try and decrease it.

I do not train abs at all in offseason - would it help if I did?
I do not use a huge amount of GH or Slin.
I do do alot of cage deas, squats, bent over rows and such.
Would core exercises help lengthen the waist muscles?

Any input would be great!
Thanks

either chad nicholls or charles glass (can't remember which) told me a while back to always wear a belt when you're training no matter what bodypart you're doing. as tight as you can handle. put it on when you start and don't take it off till you're done.

Stomach vacuums helped me a heck of a lot.

bump for input from phil hernon!

I remember reading MD a few years ago and it said that ronnie used the belt trick to shrink his waist.

I'm thinking

GENETICS.......................But probally am wrong:rolleyes:

heavy deads have been known as a waste widener....I agree with one of the other posts. Wear the belt religiously!!

Vacuum. There is a full article on it actually in the new MD. 3 pages. Go buy it. I believe its called a valsalva maneuver.

Vacuum. There is a full article on it actually in the new MD. 3 pages. Go buy it. I believe its called a valsalva maneuver.

Its also in the Aronld Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding (Ithink its the same).

That's definitely not one of those cool tricks I'd do to impress chicks. I'll stick with my "watch"... Good video.

Yea, i dont find any of those tricks appealing or attractive. I def would NOT try to show that to a girl haha. And i dont think it would score you many points on stage. Vacuum would help, and def shrink your waist. That rope shit was ugly, and the roll just looks alienish...not something iv ever looked at n said "wish i could do that". Pec rolls looks 10x better

Over the last few years as I have moved from Moddleweights to Heavyweights my waist has thickened. i know that competing 40#s heavier My waist will grow some but Being I am only 5'6" My waist is not that long so it can only grow out. I want to try and decrease it.

Thanks

I like to give you some input, from someone who has the same problem as you. I am 48, and find it harder each year to keep my waist down.

This is my suggestion, Yes, train your abs all year around, 2-3 times a week. I do not know what dosage you take for GH, but that will help. And I am sure you can get it legally at your age. A presciption dosage is 2iu per day, but you will need more than that to burn fat. I do the excercises you do, and they do not thicken my waist. I do incorporate core exercises, this will help, also proper stretching. I would also suggest interval training for cardio, 20-30 minutes 3-5 times a week, depending on you goals. I do 20 minutes 3-4 times a week. Oh, did I mention, proper nutrition always helps. Remember being on stage ripped and symetrical, and you can look twice as big. Stay focus and work out hard and you will achieve your goals. Alot is trial and error(take notes)

i have a simular problem with my waist, and i think it might have alot to do with visceral fat distribution. I don't carry that much subcutanous fat, and when i am not following a good diet, i don't really smooth out that much--my waist just gets bigger. this phenomenon is much more pronounced when i have been on gear--esp stuff like deca, eq, test or drol. i was reading some abstracts which said that deca and test shift fat distribution more to visceral, while anavar reduces both visceral and sub-q fat. it was an interesting study... i'll try to find it, think it was posted on CEM or AM.

i have been clean all off-season, and am going to do my next show w/o any bulking. will be interesting to see if my waist comes in smaller.

You know, I have been practicing a waist shrinking program by Larry Scott, named "Ring of Fire. Sort of like the vacuum pose exercises, but from several different angles. You might wanna check that out, I can say that it has helped with my waist in only a couple of weeks...

Thanks

I know you were trying to get a hold of Dante before.... He can help you with this guaranteed! I was having similar problem and right now I am on same notch on training belt (same belt) @240ish as when I was competing as a LH. Am down at least 1.5-2 inches easily.

Z

the valsalva maneuver is actually when you forcibly exhale with a closed glottis(windpipe)...therefore increasing intra abdominal pressure. its what most people naturally do when in the hole during a squat or deadlift.

GENETICS.......................But probally am wrong:rolleyes:

You are to some extent. Don't tell me this is genetics or I'll post up pics <1998:

Attachments

• pregnantronnie5wi.jpg
    pregnantronnie5wi.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,800

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads