over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

1st show, 2 weeks out

Godless

Registered
great board guys, have been lurking for awhile gathering info....

doin' my 1st show ever, in 2 weeks , holding a bit in the waist, hoping it'll drop out with cardio and diuretics

any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thanks...

Attachments

• aaImg_6236.jpg
    aaImg_6236.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,607
  • aaImg_6184.jpg
    aaImg_6184.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,215
  • aaImg_6110.jpg
    aaImg_6110.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,157
  • aaImg_5982.jpg
    aaImg_5982.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,227
  • aaImg_6059.jpg
    aaImg_6059.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,095
i'm about 234# here after a high carb day today

Last edited:
Your side chest pose looks awesome, real thick and great hams

welcome......whats your diet like? Im a fan of fish almost every meal the last 3 to 4 weeks. It seems to do magic on the skin and for fat loss. Keep it up.....hams look really good in that side chest.

pumpputnam said:
Welcome aboard. I agree with what you posted. You seem to be on point. What show will you be doing?

Thanks, glad to be here. I'm doing the Eastern USA, it's a Nabba show in WVa , if all goes well, I might hit a second show 5 weeks later. Possibly the Tri State NPC in Erie PA.

Bridging those 5 weeks might be a bit challenging though so I haven't made up my mind yet about the second show.

AWN2004 said:
welcome......whats your diet like? Im a fan of fish almost every meal the last 3 to 4 weeks. It seems to do magic on the skin and for fat loss. Keep it up.....hams look really good in that side chest.

funny you mentioned that, i just switched over to fish , a bit of protein powder, and egg whites for my protein sources. A little something i read from Jay Cutler. I tend to get a bit distended from alot of beef and chicken which i've been eating up till now.

Was eating 70g protein with each meal and rotating carbs High,Med, Low days. Now protein is between 50-70 each meal (6 meals ) and rarely have high carb day, mostly low and med between(100-200g carbs)

I plan on staying much leaner in the offseason, i think it'll make a world of difference come contest time. I came down from near 270#.

Godless said:
funny you mentioned that, i just switched over to fish , a bit of protein powder, and egg whites for my protein sources. A little something i read from Jay Cutler. I tend to get a bit distended from alot of beef and chicken which i've been eating up till now.

Was eating 70g protein with each meal and rotating carbs High,Med, Low days. Now protein is between 50-70 each meal (6 meals ) and rarely have high carb day, mostly low and med between(100-200g carbs)

I plan on staying much leaner in the offseason, i think it'll make a world of difference come contest time. I came down from near 270#.

Very smart....sounds like you have a good plan set out in front of you. I think the body grows best at around 10% and you still look decent at that number. I love the fish thing too....just seems to speed up my metablism. I went really low carb and then fish and broccoli or grean beans/asparagas for my meals and then some salmon at night. Worked wonders.

Lots of great info on this board!! Can't get over how shredded guys are looking in thier pics at 3 wks out and more!!!

...as always appreciate the feedback and suggestions

Bro looking good, real thick, remember the last week is the most critical so be careful, can make or break the whole thing.

Re: posing. As an NPC state judge, I would point out three things. First
on pic #3 where you are doing quarter turn, keep that one arm in close
to your quad, in photo it is too far out, judges will mark you down on it.

Also pic 6, rear shot, appears no effort on your part made to flex the
hamstrings. Remember all rear shots (e.g. rear double bicep or rear lat)
should be built up from the bottom, hence make sure those hams are
flexed, otherwise they will look flat as in the photo.

Remember, when on stage smile a lot, keep eye contact with the judges,
and make it look like you are having a great time (even if you are not!)

Hope this all helps, Worldspan

worldspan said:
Bro looking good, real thick, remember the last week is the most critical so be careful, can make or break the whole thing.

Re: posing. As an NPC state judge, I would point out three things. First
on pic #3 where you are doing quarter turn, keep that one arm in close
to your quad, in photo it is too far out, judges will mark you down on it.

Also pic 6, rear shot, appears no effort on your part made to flex the
hamstrings. Remember all rear shots (e.g. rear double bicep or rear lat)
should be built up from the bottom, hence make sure those hams are
flexed, otherwise they will look flat as in the photo.

Remember, when on stage smile a lot, keep eye contact with the judges,
and make it look like you are having a great time (even if you are not!)

Hope this all helps, Worldspan

Thanks alot Worldspan!!! , all this posing is new to me. I've seen enough shows over the years, it's another thing actually posing!!!

I did notice that about the hams. I need to focus on the manditories alot.

I wondered that about the quarter turn. Every pic i've ever seen from a pro is greatly exaggerated the forward facing arm, but i knew that was technically incorrect. .... So the fact that my arm covers my quad and side is actually correct and not to worry about showing in that pose eh? ... Good to know thanks a million.

Looking good bro. welcome to the board and good luck in your show. You must really look like a monster off-season at 270!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

luckyone said:
Looking good bro. welcome to the board and good luck in your show. You must really look like a monster off-season at 270!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Thanks for the well wishes Lucky, and I do look kinda scary at 270 but i feel and look much better at this weight. Hopefully I can control myself and not get too out of shape after this show...maybe 245-250 or so.

Godless said:
Thanks alot Worldspan!!! , all this posing is new to me. I've seen enough shows over the years, it's another thing actually posing!!!

I did notice that about the hams. I need to focus on the manditories alot.

I wondered that about the quarter turn. Every pic i've ever seen from a pro is greatly exaggerated the forward facing arm, but i knew that was technically incorrect. .... So the fact that my arm covers my quad and side is actually correct and not to worry about showing in that pose eh? ... Good to know thanks a million.
Yes, you are right, the pros keep that one arm way out! But at the amateur
level it is a big no-no so please keep it in. And remember, when you are doing quarter turn to the side, look straight ahead at the side. Last Saturday night
in Pittsburgh at collegiate/masters national saw more competitors in quarter
turn to the side, but their head was turned so they could face the judges.
NO! NO! NO! Your face only faces the judges when your whole body is
turned in front of judges.

Worldspan

wow..looking pretty good for a lurker..lol..good luck with the comp..not sure what the other competitors look like..but i'm sure you'll do well..keep us posted

shipyard ale said:
wow..looking pretty good for a lurker..lol..good luck with the comp..not sure what the other competitors look like..but i'm sure you'll do well..keep us posted

Thanks bro!!! , down to 1 week. Will post some updated pics soon.

More quality info on this board, than any i've seen. Only reason for lurking so long wuz cause all the info i needed was already here. Nothing more to ask...lol

You look great bro - keep it up!

Lookin good , hey on your Q-turn id straighten out your leg rather then bending it , this will bring out the split which you have.

Thanks for the encouragement guys, i'm really looking forward to depleting and tighteniing up this week!!!

Vander...thanks for the tip will practice it tonight.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity