over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

202 weight class becomes 212

Wynn

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Weight limit for the class to increase to 212 pounds in November
May 10, 2011
FLEXONLINE.COM

The 202 Pound Class will have an entirely new look in November – so much of a new look, in fact, that the weight limit will no longer be 202 pounds. The IFBB Pro League announced today that, starting with the Sacramento Pro this November, the class weight limit will increase to 212 pounds.

The decision comes after months of deliberation and after numerous competitors – including 2010 Europa Show of Champions 202 winner Eduardo Correa and 2010 Europa Super Show 202 winner Seth Feroce – announced their intentions to move up in weight to compete in the open division this year. Others, like two-time 202 Showdown champ Kevin English, have also considered making the move to the open division.

Moving the weight limit up to 212 pounds gives these and other top competitors reason to continue to compete in the division. It also opens up the possibility of some of the lighter open division competitors – such as Hidetada Yamagishi – to compete in the 212 division at some point in the future.

The move is in some ways a return to the roots of the lighter weight class. Absent for years – since Frank Zane won the lightweight division and overall at the 1979 Mr. Olympia – the IFBB Pro League brought the lighter division back in 2008 with a 210-pound class at the Europa Super Show. The 210-pound class lasted only one contest, as the weight limit was lowered to 202 pounds in 2009. The weight limit will remain at 202 pounds through the 202 Showdown at this year’s Olympia.

Let's hope Dave Henry can now have a crack at Kevin English. How much does Jason Huh weigh?

This is great, but i think it should be 5'6 or shorter weight class.. As do many others, but 212 is better than 202

Jason Huh hit 300 pounds this offseason

I like the switch, could interesting to see what those 10 pounds can do to some of the top guys

This will give guys like Hide a fresh start...there are SO MANY pros that come onstage 208-220 that don't do well against the monsters...this will open up opportunity to ALOT of them

I have a pretty good friend who is working towards his 202. He is very short but an awesome guy. Took 1st place in open lightweight (came in at 145) and 2nd place overall open at his very first show. Amazing genetics and potential on him!

Chris

Doing his first national show later this year.

It would be scary to just imagine him at 212!

English is gonna look massive with another 10 lbs:eek:

Dave Henry guest posed at the show I did last year about 2 weeks after the Olympia. It is so hard to fathom that we can make 202 class. He is unreal.

I think that having a 212 class is going to be a great thing especially for the future up coming athletes. Just means that there we be a greater competition line up and hopefully the pay will increase too! I am excited to see what people say about the change.

Let's hope Dave Henry can now have a crack at Kevin English. How much does Jason Huh weigh?

Daves been deployed though (Afghanistan, Japan) though so you wont see him in 2011

definitely a no brainer decision. Most of the guys had to lose muscle just to get to 202. 212 is much more reasonable

I still wish they went with height...above 5'5 or below...something like that.

The only thing i believe increasing the weight by 10 pounds will offer, that we will notice, is giving the current athletes a chance to come in better. Capping the weight like this will always lead to people not coming in their best IMO and a year from now we will be having the same discussions we are now about 212 being too low.

The only thing i believe increasing the weight by 10 pounds will offer, that we will notice, is giving the current athletes a chance to come in better. Capping the weight like this will always lead to people not coming in their best IMO and a year from now we will be having the same discussions we are now about 212 being too low.

totally in agreement with you. It should be based on height

i agree completely with the height thing, the weight going up 10lbs will be a very short term fix, if there was a height class there would never be a guy trying not to come in too heavy

Height would be better. The short guys are going to have the big ass waist like some of the open guys.

Well , I'll never have to worry about competing in anything less than superheavy so the weight doesn't matter to me but I think the height class make more sense , a guy thats 6' , 210 lbs is gonna look a bit "smaller than a guy 5'6" 210 lbs

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws