over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

3 Day split, m/w/f

the student

Banned
I am 35 years old and have worked out on and off (mostly off) since highschool. I have always been bery small and concluded early on hat I was a hardgainer. I got serious in '08 about this lifestyle and found that I only make progress on a three day a week routine, each bodypart once a week. I was wondering if anyone has any advice that they think may help a little old guy out. Thank you to anyone who takes time to read this.

Its never too late my friend... You are still very young and that 3 day split sounds very productive. I think as long as you are lifting very intense and utilizing the proper nutrition growth will be easy. Always remember if theres a will theres a way!!!!! I once did a 3 day split when I started my new job and was busy doing things here and there. I never really had a set schedule but i usually did on Day 1 Chest Shoulders and Tri's Day 2 Legs Day 3 Back and Bi's. During this time I always had unexpected workdays and took random days off but for the most part id have a day off in between each working day(Sometimes 2!) lol.. The student has became the teacher... lol. GOODLUCK

Thanks. One new developement, I came across "high pulls" somewhere in my research. Ive' ben doing them for a month and have noticed a difference in my neck. I actually have a huge difference from my last measurement, first of the year. I've done shrugs on and off for some time with no results ever. Either I was missing something on the form w/ the shrugs or they just were not for me. I do have a question about the high pulls. When I get the barbell to my lower chest, is that it or do I shrug?

Look into DC training, have a trainer look into your diet and aas

growth principles for beginners

sticky that big A wrote... would be perfect for you

I did read the principles for beginners, twice actually. I was surprised to see a similar schedule to my own. I looked through another site and four day splits seemed to be the most popular, going m/t t/f/. Last year I was on the push/pull/legs. Either delt or chest got a less than stellar stimulation it seemed. Also, I've had arthroscopic surgery on both shoulders, still having problems with one. I though maybe I need to do a little less with th rotary cuff in a single w.o. than I was doing w/ pecs and tris. Also, I am not able to use my power rack since I work out in my dining room and my legs were always my biggest body part so sqauts are out. These reasons led me to my current split. Mon.-chest,tri.s. Wed-back, bi.s. (deads covering back and some upper legs.) Fri.-Delts,traps,calves. My upper body has always been too small and my legs were never a problem so this is my prioritising. I know some guys are wanting to rip me for no sqauts, but I honestly don't want bigger legs. They have gotten bigger from deads by a couple of inches however, but I don't have the back of a ten year old girl any longer. Based on thee facts, injury and no rack, does anyone have any enlightening info that may work for me? Still love to know about how you guys would do the highpulls and about pullovers, back or chest day? Thanks to eveyone.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws