over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

6 Weeks Out from NA - Critiques Requested

Oscar,

Go to my youtube channel and look at the exercise called "stretchers". It is a back exercise that stretches the hell out of your rotators and shoulder girdle. That is what I was telling you i was going to film for you. A few weeks of those and you won't believe how much more flexible you are.

actually here is a link
YouTube - stretchers.MPG

JM
Thanks John. I just checked out the link and I'll add those in 3x week starting tomorrow.

Tenny,
Next week after I get a little tan going I'll post quarter turns and mandatories. Then critique away freely!!
Blue...
1....up the cardio
I'm following my trainer's call on that one. But I have the urge to do exactly what you're suggesting. It's taking a lot to refrain.

2....increase volume on lower body
crazy reps
This I will do for sure. It's in the plan. And I like the look it gives

3....stiffy deads and hypers.....high reps
I'll add these. Hopefully it will tighten my lower back some

4....posing is not that bad
Hahaha!! You're being too nice!

5....just get leaner
Hahaha!!! That's what I'm working on. But John is holding the reins.

i think you look friggin awesome
Seriously thanks!!!

:cool:

1....up the cardio
2....increase volume on lower body
crazy reps
3....stiffy deads and hypers.....high reps
4....posing is not that bad
5....just get leaner

i think you look friggin awesome

:cool:
Tenny,
Right now I'm not real happy with you. I tried the hi-rep hyperextensions yesterday. And The tendons in the sacro-spinalis area are in severe pain. I can't sit or stand without locking up. I can hardly get in and out of my car.

I know you meant well. But it just seems you young guys give old guys terrible advice!!! That's why I listen to everything Emeric tells me. He's never led me wrong.

Im using 6 aspirins crushed and mixed with DMSO gel and just saturating the area so its bearable. Today's leg workout put tears in my eyes from the pain. I had to be very creative to get it done.

Tenny,
Right now I'm not real happy with you. I tried the hi-rep hyperextensions yesterday. And The tendons in the sacro-spinalis area are in severe pain. I can't sit or stand without locking up. I can hardly get in and out of my car.

I know you meant well. But it just seems you young guys give old guys terrible advice!!! That's why I listen to everything Emeric tells me. He's never led me wrong.

Im using 6 aspirins crushed and mixed with DMSO gel and just saturating the area so its bearable. Today's leg workout put tears in my eyes from the pain. I had to be very creative to get it done.

How much weight were you using? I know getting old sucks, I'm only 30 and it seems like little bullshit pains take forever to go away now, but I'm surprised you're in that much pain from this.

Has it been a while since you did them, or just the first time doing high reps with them in a while?

you maybe spending too much time in front of computer and maybe causing postural issues. any movement which you raise arms up and backward may help with the problem, such as prone incline front raise with db or bb. make sure they move far back enough so you feel the mid/lower trap "crunch" to get full benefit. it can be done standing, laying face down on floor or on incline bench. but I'd ask your trainer or mentor about this, as I'm only 36. as for stretch, something that mimics the bow stretch seen in yoga may help, just watch your lowerback from hyper extending.

How much weight were you using? I know getting old sucks, I'm only 30 and it seems like little bullshit pains take forever to go away now, but I'm surprised you're in that much pain from this.

Has it been a while since you did them, or just the first time doing high reps with them in a while?

First time doing hyper extensions in five years. Yesterday I did 3 full range of motion sets of 30 reps with no weight.

What I should have done is 3 sets of 10, then next day 3 sets of 15, etc,etc. That way my tendons break in slowly.

Honestly, I've made this exact same mistake when I started isolating front delts and rear delts.

Tenny,
You know I'm just playing around with you. The exercises you've suggested are dead on. I just forgot to factor in my age.:D:D:D

Last edited:
sorry brother:eek:

how does the muscle feel otherwise???

you know another thing that COULD
and its a big COULD......but could help
tighten up the lower back is the neoprene
waist wrap....ive seen it used to pretty good success
in the past.....just constantly keeps the area very hot
could help with staying loose and burning fat in that area

DO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS ONE

PLEASE

First time doing hyper extensions in five years. Yesterday I did 3 full range of motion sets of 30 reps with no weight.

What I should have done is 3 sets of 10, then next day 3 sets of 15, etc,etc. That way my tendons break in slowly.

Honestly, I've made this exact same mistake when I started isolating front delts and rear delts.

Tenny,
You know I'm just playing around with you. The exercises you've suggested are dead on. I just forgot to factor in my age.:D:D:D

Oscar I thought you were more flexible than that due to that beautiful wife you have :p ;)

Oh, and Tenny, today's quad workout:

Feet low leg press: (heals off the bottom of the plate)
90lbs/ 3 x 60sec stretches knees to chest pulling butt back & down. Very painful
270lbs/ 1 x 30 reps
360lbs/ 1 x 35 reps
450lbs/ 1 x 40 reps
540lbs/ 3 x 50 reps

Seated Calf Raise:
90lbs/ 1 x 50
180lbs/ 4 x 30

John Medows Style - Top 1/3 Leg Extensions:
105lbs/ 1 x 50
165lbs/ 1 x 40
Drop Sets to failure:
215lbs x 18reps, 165lbs x 15, 105lbs x 13

Last edited:
Oh, and Tenny, today's quad workout:

Feet low leg press: (heals off the bottom of the plate)
90lbs/ 3 x 60sec stretches knees to chest pulling but down. Very painful
270lbs/ 1 x 30 reps
360lbs/ 1 x 35 reps
450lbs/ 1 x 40 reps
540lbs/ 3 x 50 reps

Seated Calf Raise:
90lbs/ 1 x 50
180lbs/ 4 x 30

John Medows Style - Top 1/3 Leg Extensions:
105lbs/ 1 x 50
165lbs/ 1 x 40
Drop Sets to failure:
215lbs x 18reps, 165lbs x 15, 105lbs x 13

that looks awesome right there

;)

sorry brother:eek:

how does the muscle feel otherwise???

you know another thing that COULD
and its a big COULD......but could help
tighten up the lower back is the neoprene
waist wrap....ive seen it used to pretty good success
in the past.....just constantly keeps the area very hot
could help with staying loose and burning fat in that area

DO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS ONE

PLEASE
That's a good idea. Way back when (in the old days) guys used to sleep with those things on to bring their waistline down and swear by them.

Oscar I thought you were more flexible than that due to that beautiful wife you have :p ;)
Hahaha!!! She's almost 20 years younger than I am. So she does all the work. I just have to be able to roll over and take a nap at the end like and old lion. :D:D:D

Last edited:
Answered your PM. Sorry to take so long. Looks like you are on right track. Keep it going and best of luck.

that looks awesome right there

;)

Tenny & Gerry,
Next week I'll put up a full set of quarter turns and mandatories. I'm putting them up so you guys can tear me up. I need things to work on or I'll just start getting anxious. And once I start getting anxious, I start working against myself.

I'm so impressed don't really know what else to say. Awesome work. Should be an inspiration to anyone. Next time someone tells me they're too friggin' old to get off their arse and work out, I'll pull your pictures up and jam their face into the monitor. :D

ojs, I just wanted to chime in and say you look fantastic -- it's awesome that you put most of the 20-somethings in my gym to shame.

I've seen recent Stallone pics (62 years old) and I'm always happy to see that bb'ing can be a lifetime sport and I hope to look as good as you two when I'm in my fifty's and sixty's.

Keep it up - and I'm sure we're ALL rooting for ya!

Hey Brother!! Nice to see you're going to do a show,I wish I could be there! Unfortunately I can't give you any advice because I usually look to you for advice!I wish you the best luck at the show!!

You look great. I am an older one at 47 -- keep it up.

This is how I help my back flexibility -- I have my oldest son (22) walk on it.

He goes toes forward one foot to left and one to right of spine, then sideways.
I feel 2 inches taller when I get up

Also if your gym has an angled hyperextension bench, try bending backwards in it. I put the pad up high so my butt is supported and do my sit ups that way every 4 th time. But you could just use it to stretch, too.

Maybe a few of the supps are keeping ya a tad wet?

I'm 6 weeks out from the North American Championships in Ohio if I decide to do it. I'm having a lot of trouble with my upper back flexibility in posing. And I'm still carrying a little more fat than I'd like on my back, glutes and legs in general.

I took these pictures last night. I'm open to any critiques. I'm 57 and pretty thick skinned. So you can't offend me.

I think you look really good. But if you could dry out a little or just dig a little farther into the body fat% you will be dead nut. Your at the point where (I think) you need someone to trust and just do what they tell you to do. We have all done a head job on our selves in the mirror and looking at the scale.

I would throw the scale out the window and ask my wife to start putting calibers to a couple key areas of your lower and mid back as you diet down. Are you getting night sweats? Is the engine burning? I would chop carbs after 7pm and even then it would be a fast burning carb like a half cup of white rice.

I was doing 20 to 35 mins a night on the steper after each workout until I got to the basement and then a week out I was on the tread mill just maintaining.

I'm only sharing this with you because it is what worked for me. Hope any of this may be of help. And kick some ass!

I think you look really good. But if you could dry out a little or just dig a little farther into the body fat% you will be dead nut. Your at the point where (I think) you need someone to trust and just do what they tell you to do. We have all done a head job on our selves in the mirror and looking at the scale.

I would throw the scale out the window and ask my wife to start putting calibers to a couple key areas of your lower and mid back as you diet down. Are you getting night sweats? Is the engine burning? I would chop carbs after 7pm and even then it would be a fast burning carb like a half cup of white rice.

I was doing 20 to 35 mins a night on the steper after each workout until I got to the basement and then a week out I was on the tread mill just maintaining.

I'm only sharing this with you because it is what worked for me. Hope any of this may be of help. And kick some ass!

I have to agree it doesn't look like fat at all. It looks like water especially in the legs. How are your kidneys ? Have you run a BUN ? If it's good I'd try some diuretics before comp to see how your body reacts.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
raulob72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws