advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

7 weeks out nearlly,need some experienced advice.!

beast2007

Registered
hi guys, need a bit of advice as competition is beckoning for me. Advice would be much apreciated. Basically, im at the lowest BF% ive eva been, around 6-7%. Still got 7 weeks to comp, i was wondering the leaner you get, do you have to re-feed- more often. Basically, i was weighing in around 179lbs, dropped my carbs a bit more, and even though i was on very low carbs, my weight started to go up. Ive carried on doing a low carb week, and ive gone from 179lbs to 184, even though im consuming much less carbs and total calories. Has any one else xperienced this? i was also wondering on your re-feed days, what tactics do you take, is it better to have 1 large carb meal? evenly spread carb meals? one cheat meal ? etc...the advice is needed, PLEASE>!

hi guys, need a bit of advice as competition is beckoning for me. Advice would be much apreciated. Basically, im at the lowest BF% ive eva been, around 6-7%. Still got 7 weeks to comp, i was wondering the leaner you get, do you have to re-feed- more often. Basically, i was weighing in around 179lbs, dropped my carbs a bit more, and even though i was on very low carbs, my weight started to go up. Ive carried on doing a low carb week, and ive gone from 179lbs to 184, even though im consuming much less carbs and total calories. Has any one else xperienced this? i was also wondering on your re-feed days, what tactics do you take, is it better to have 1 large carb meal? evenly spread carb meals? one cheat meal ? etc...the advice is needed, PLEASE>!
ok 7 weeks and you are gaining weight. I'd say keep your carbs up a little and have one cheat meal now! then get back on your diet. keep your water intake high and protein right up. Are you losing any definition?? if not keep your carbs in the diet for anothe rfew weeks. 7 weeks is still a fair amount of time. You don't want to drop carbs too soon unless you are behind on your diet. Don't stress! just stick to yur plan and keep it simple. This is your first time so just stick to the plan. Don't go looking for that magic adjustment last minute. What you have been doing is working just fine. Don't fuck with it!!

ok 7 weeks and you are gaining weight. I'd say keep your carbs up a little and have one cheat meal now! then get back on your diet. keep your water intake high and protein right up. Are you losing any definition?? if not keep your carbs in the diet for anothe rfew weeks. 7 weeks is still a fair amount of time. You don't want to drop carbs too soon unless you are behind on your diet. Don't stress! just stick to yur plan and keep it simple. This is your first time so just stick to the plan. Don't go looking for that magic adjustment last minute. What you have been doing is working just fine. Don't fuck with it!!

thanks oldfella. Basically as far as carbs are concernd atm, im droppin them little by little, tayloring them into the competition. Im dropping around 20g Carbs every 7-10days, and upping protien/fat where needs to be. Cardio is around 45mins am and Pm. i find this is what works for me, also i do 10mins of bike right after a workout, to help bring my quads out. Im looking very good in my opinion, and from the pics im quite pleased. I just wanna know if people have experienced this sorta body reaction, it happens to me now n again, where i start to put weight on, no matter how much cardio or food i eat. It could be that my bmr slows down quite quickly due to being in a calorie defict for more then 3days. Do people find they need to re-feed more often as they are reaching a lower bf and need to shed the last 10lbs. ??? sometimes its just upsetting when progress is slowed down, i got a cool head on my shoulders, and got the backing from you guys on here also family aswell. I got around 10lbs of fat too loose, ive always said id be around the low 170's and be in contest condtition. Its just weird that when your doing more cardio and calories are less, you gain weight???? its like trying to bulk up, eating loads and loosing weight? it kinda doesnt make sense, i think i need to have a re-feed more often now, instead of having a re-feed every 11days...?

thanks oldfella. Basically as far as carbs are concernd atm, im droppin them little by little, tayloring them into the competition. Im dropping around 20g Carbs every 7-10days, and upping protien/fat where needs to be. Cardio is around 45mins am and Pm. i find this is what works for me, also i do 10mins of bike right after a workout, to help bring my quads out. Im looking very good in my opinion, and from the pics im quite pleased. I just wanna know if people have experienced this sorta body reaction, it happens to me now n again, where i start to put weight on, no matter how much cardio or food i eat. It could be that my bmr slows down quite quickly due to being in a calorie defict for more then 3days. Do people find they need to re-feed more often as they are reaching a lower bf and need to shed the last 10lbs. ??? sometimes its just upsetting when progress is slowed down, i got a cool head on my shoulders, and got the backing from you guys on here also family aswell. I got around 10lbs of fat too loose, ive always said id be around the low 170's and be in contest condtition. Its just weird that when your doing more cardio and calories are less, you gain weight???? its like trying to bulk up, eating loads and loosing weight? it kinda doesnt make sense, i think i need to have a re-feed more often now, instead of having a re-feed every 11days...?
I don't use the methods a lot of guys do here. It tends to get very complicated and it really does not need to. This is not rocket science, as many believe. You listen to your body, look in the mirror and change only if you need to. Hell even the most experienced BBer in the worlf fuck up from time to time. You are doing a splended job so far. I usually gain weight as I get down to brass tacks of my diet. I then tend to hold a weight for weeks and then the last 4 weeks I drop a few kilos (lbs). I keeep my carbs right up to four days from the show. I then do a total carb deplete for two and load for two. This has always worked for me. Acouple of times I missed my diet by about 1 week and could have come in a tad leaner but that's the way it goes. Working out how far out from a show to start is the unknown factor. One year I came in about ten days ahead of time and had to hold my condition for that period........that was tricky, carb manipulation works very well. But I do it like this. Eat moderate to high carbs for a few days then drop them by 50% for a couple of days and then add some back in. It does not give the body enough time to adjust to calorie deficit or excess carbs. You need to switch it up from day to day to keep the metabolism from adjusting too quickly. When I do drop carbs I try to make it up with protein so cals are roughly the same. It all come down to energy usage of the foods you eat. The body obviously perfers to use carbs as they are easy to process. Fat is next but the body will look for carbs first. Then protein will finally be used as energy in the absence of carbs and fat. You do not want your body to use protein as it's primary energy source, this is where catabolism sets in and you lose muscle. This is why I keep carbs in my diet all the way through and try not to drop them too low. It is working out just how much carbs to give yourself that gets tricky. Hope this gives you some insight. Keep up the good work beast. You are doing just fine.

I don't use the methods a lot of guys do here. It tends to get very complicated and it really does not need to. This is not rocket science, as many believe. You listen to your body, look in the mirror and change only if you need to. Hell even the most experienced BBer in the worlf fuck up from time to time. You are doing a splended job so far. I usually gain weight as I get down to brass tacks of my diet. I then tend to hold a weight for weeks and then the last 4 weeks I drop a few kilos (lbs). I keeep my carbs right up to four days from the show. I then do a total carb deplete for two and load for two. This has always worked for me. Acouple of times I missed my diet by about 1 week and could have come in a tad leaner but that's the way it goes. Working out how far out from a show to start is the unknown factor. One year I came in about ten days ahead of time and had to hold my condition for that period........that was tricky, carb manipulation works very well. But I do it like this. Eat moderate to high carbs for a few days then drop them by 50% for a couple of days and then add some back in. It does not give the body enough time to adjust to calorie deficit or excess carbs. You need to switch it up from day to day to keep the metabolism from adjusting too quickly. When I do drop carbs I try to make it up with protein so cals are roughly the same. It all come down to energy usage of the foods you eat. The body obviously perfers to use carbs as they are easy to process. Fat is next but the body will look for carbs first. Then protein will finally be used as energy in the absence of carbs and fat. You do not want your body to use protein as it's primary energy source, this is where catabolism sets in and you lose muscle. This is why I keep carbs in my diet all the way through and try not to drop them too low. It is working out just how much carbs to give yourself that gets tricky. Hope this gives you some insight. Keep up the good work beast. You are doing just fine.

thank you oldfella, ur advice is so much apreciated, everything u say makes sense. Yh sometimes i do complicate things, im back on track now, just over 7weeks to go. Ima keep pushing, thank you so much for your advice!:D

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws