over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

accident

feelnfit

FOUNDING Member
Registered
my son fell on the bleachers at school friday and broke his leg in 2 places. he broke the tibula and fibula at the growth plate. he has been doped up with lori tab-5 and demaral. first he had morphine. i told them that was too much for a 13 year old so they cut the morphine out and now just lori tabs. they are going to set it and put a cast on it today then send him home. so far no surgery. he strated getting his appetite back today. he is 5ft 11inch tall and weighs about 200lbs. he will be 14 next month. he is a pretty tough little man.

is that going to affect his growth... if one leg has damage to the growth plate? i hope not. glad to hear he is otherwise ok and doing well :)

i ask the drs that and they said it should not. but if he had trouble then they would go in and operate. at first they thought it was his ankle, but after the kat scan they saw it was just about the ankle almost where the bones join, right at the growth plate. for now there was no way to put pins or braces in there to hold it because of the growth plate. his dr is a sports surgeon who is aslo the titans, and the predators dr too. he is suppose to be the best in the state. he did my pectoralli muscle years ago, and i healed up great.
thanks guys for asking.

todd he is catching up to me and may pass me in size.

Last edited:
well he's lucky he already 5'11 if it would affect his growth.. damn thats a big 14 yo.

Good Luck,

Todd

Sounds like his dad is doing a great job by keeping things in check. Sounds like he'll be just fine - but a break always sucks!

xcel

well my son got discharged on sunday from the hospital. wed went back to dr where they cut the cast off , xrayed again , and put on a anew one. doc said every thing was set great. bones have started mending and are in perfect line. the only set back is no weight on that legg for 6-8 weeks and he has to home school during that time. so i go to his house on tues and wed and stay with him since he cannot come to me. we can catch up on x-boxx and nitendo games and watch movies.. hey more father and son bonding.. wish my dad had taken time to bond with me when i wqs young.........

hey, sorry bout todd. glad to hear he ll be ok. i guess ill see u in a few weeks at the Arnold.

byrd

todd? hey byrd it was my son........ are you in ketosis ?hahahahaha

that sucks bro but he's obviously young enough that it shouldn't affect him much. good luck with all of it.

Sorry to hear about your son....I've got four sons(18 to 12) I'll keep ya'll in my prayers.....Kids heal quick.....sign his cast for me!
best wishes,
GF

thanks to all

thanks to all for their cares, prayers , and concerns. i will pull this up on my sons computor so he can read the nice mail you guys have sent. you know working in a hospital you see life and death all the time but, when its some one close it hurts , especially a child it hurts me too. you want that child never to know hurt or pain yet it is a apart of life. i held his hand while the people where working on him and to see his face and the tears rolling down his cheeks brought tears to my 6ft frame too. but that too is part of it. at least i have been there for him not just as a father but as his best friend , whom he can lean on for comfort. no , daddy cannot take away the pain but i can make it a little bit easier to take.
thanks again all.

Last edited:
Glad to hear your son if doing better. You can tell hin he's a lucky kid to have a dad like you that cares.:D

not ketosis, but the diet is already affecting my thinking. i see todd is got juice, thought that was ur sons name.lol sorry.

just today i pulled my chicken out of the fridge at work to put it in the microwave, which is on top of the mini-fridge. i put my ketchup on and opened the fridge door and put it half way in and i was like, what am i doin?! so i shut it and put it in the microwave. then i did the same thing with my potato, stuck it back in the fridge!!

MAN, THAT SOUNDS LIKE A BAD BREAK!

TELL HIM ALL THE MUSCLEHEADS ON THE BOARDS FEEL FOR HIM!

I HATE BEING INJURED. THAT IS A GOOD SIZED KID......WHEN I WAS A FRESHMAN I WRESTLED 119 AND WAS 5'4.

thanks to all

thanks guys. tuesday when i go see him i will pull up this thread and let him see all the good friends daddy has . i hope he still has the sims game on xbox, i am looking forward to playing that and watching pumping iron. he likes arnold too...

gravityfighter : will put your name on cast first..

jethro: maybe he will be big like gunther....lol

byrd: one of those days? i call that old timers hahaha.

kane : thanks , really i am the lucky one .

armegeddon: hopefully he wont grow to much more but not 14 till feb he still has some years of it left. he broke his foot 2 years ago falling out of a tree and it did nt slow him down any.

xcel: daddy is always watching and listening

got juice: i believe he will be over 6ft 1" when he hits 18. his mom was only 5ft 6in but i am 6ft . i did not hit that till i was 20.

mr.pickels: the docs donot think it will afect growth at all. but to make sure thats why he is at home for the next 6-8 weeks. if some thing does happenn though they said a small operation would correct it. but all looks good now.

Last edited:
I dont think that it should affect his growth at all. I am saying this because when I was younger I broke the growth plates in my left wrist. It is now fine. THe only problems I have with it are that it is not as flexible and cannot turn as much as it used to. But anyway hope he is feeling better and best of luck to you and him.

GR03

sorry to hear that

Man sorry to hear that about your boy! Our kids are the most precious things we have . I'm sure he'll be ok bro. I a couple months he'll never know it was ever broke I bet.My prayers are with you and him .

thanks

vegeta and gym rat 03 both thanks for your kind words.

update

goes again this week for yet another lighter cast. evry thing still looks good. he is getting it wrap in the titans blue. our home team of course. still looking at 4-6 more weeks out of school but that could change. thanks for all the well wishes.

Tell your boy to hang in there bro ! It will all be ok !

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear