over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

AM cardio vs. after workout

musclechicfla

Newbies
Ive read conflicting stories as to which time is better for maximum fatloss. I have dieted for a show and because of time i would have to eat my first meal before the gym and still got lean. Im trying to lean out now(not for a show) and do things diferent but i am finding by the time im done cardio on an empty stomach i eat at the gym,do my workout,then im not eating until about an hour after the gym.(trying to keep the 3 hour meal rule) which i know you have 30-45 min after working out to get your protein/carbs to recover. any suggestions on this? i don't want to lose any muscle .

Ive read conflicting stories as to which time is better for maximum fatloss. I have dieted for a show and because of time i would have to eat my first meal before the gym and still got lean. Im trying to lean out now(not for a show) and do things diferent but i am finding by the time im done cardio on an empty stomach i eat at the gym,do my workout,then im not eating until about an hour after the gym.(trying to keep the 3 hour meal rule) which i know you have 30-45 min after working out to get your protein/carbs to recover. any suggestions on this? i don't want to lose any muscle .

for max fat loss fasted cardio is best but it also will make you burn muscle......really you can do weights and cardio any time in the day and youll still burn fat as long as your diet is in check.......but try to get your rate up 2 times a day am and pm......diet is most important and dont stress out ;)

Maybe you could at least sip on a protein shake right after your workout and then still eat an hour later...:)

What class do you compete in?

Last edited:
hey miss q well its a long story but i was suppose to be competeing in figure this past june. my trainer came highly recommeneded and does diets for alot of pro girls and at the last min 6 weeks out i got totally fucked. so after a 2month hiatus i am getting back to where id like to maintain again and possibly do my first show.

hey miss q well its a long story but i was suppose to be competeing in figure this past june. my trainer came highly recommeneded and does diets for alot of pro girls and at the last min 6 weeks out i got totally fucked. so after a 2month hiatus i am getting back to where id like to maintain again and possibly do my first show.

If you don't mind me asking...what happened?? Just curious to know If you at anytime got stage fright or started to question if you looked good enough to even compete, like I did? Any other ladies that compete or plan to compete....have you experienced this as well??

Changing things up to find what works best for you is a good idea. I have been eating before work outs with cardio and started leaning out by just increasing my cardio some. On only cardio days I will not eat if its' really early in the morning, or I may have a shake, but not always.

Let me know how the changes work for you. M

Q
no i didnt get stage fright. i was 7 weks out and went to go pose for him in suit and heels so he could se where i was at and what we needed to do to dry out and diet down. when i saw him he said i was"way to sexy for figure" that i should do bikini. i didnt want to do bikini! if i wanted to do bikini id go to a local bar..lol anyways. i told him listen, if i dont have enough muscle for figure im ok with that..id rather put more muscle on and do a later show. he said no its not that. if you want to do something in the fitness industry stick with bikini for now cause thats what the supplement companies are hiring. and he said it would be best to get a cpl shows under my belt before i tried figure. i disagreed but i trusted him. so,i said ok...will i be ready for the show in 6 weks he said yes.started me on a depleting diet and said call me in a week and we wil change it up again. i caled him in a week..he said i wouldnt be ready ..pick another bikni show...ugh! i just sawhim a week prior and he said id be ready...really? so he got 1500.00 for 6 mo. of diet coaching so, he was done. since the last call saying i needed to pick another show..no call,no text,no facebook,no fuck you....nothing! i want to do a figure show so bad but getting fucked is very discouraging!!!

Last edited:
Doing both right now....

Fasted cardio for an hour then a carbless shake (whey only)

Train a few hours later followed by 1/2 hr of Liss...

Diet is consistent and fat is coming off :D

That truly sucks.... but I bet at this point, you know your own body and have enough information that you could practically do it on your own!!! Maybe you could just hire someone to help you with the last two weeks ...

It's best to do cardio first thing in the a.m. after a overnight fast......If you are pressed for time after your workout should suffice. Everybody different, what works for one might not work for you.

Q
no i didnt get stage fright. i was 7 weks out and went to go pose for him in suit and heels so he could se where i was at and what we needed to do to dry out and diet down. when i saw him he said i was"way to sexy for figure" that i should do bikini. i didnt want to do bikini! if i wanted to do bikini id go to a local bar..lol anyways. i told him listen, if i dont have enough muscle for figure im ok with that..id rather put more muscle on and do a later show. he said no its not that. if you want to do something in the fitness industry stick with bikini for now cause thats what the supplement companies are hiring. and he said it would be best to get a cpl shows under my belt before i tried figure. i disagreed but i trusted him. so,i said ok...will i be ready for the show in 6 weks he said yes.started me on a depleting diet and said call me in a week and we wil change it up again. i caled him in a week..he said i wouldnt be ready ..pick another bikni show...ugh! i just sawhim a week prior and he said id be ready...really? so he got 1500.00 for 6 mo. of diet coaching so, he was done. since the last call saying i needed to pick another show..no call,no text,no facebook,no fuck you....nothing! i want to do a figure show so bad but getting fucked is very discouraging!!!

Wow That sucks!!! I'm so sorry to hear that you were treated that way. It sounds like he wasn't very up front with you in the beginning or didn't know what he was doing. It's time to find a new trainer. Your new trainer and you can sit down and pick a new show to work towards.

Wow so sorry to hear what you went through! Honestly, my 1st trainer who helped me to lose 100lbs., over dieted me for my last show and about 2 wks out I felt too skinny when I walked into the Gap and fit into a 00'.. I was crying literally..
I only had stage fright because I felt too skinny and too muscular once I saw the other girls back stage.. Mind you, like 3 months prior when I weighed around 140 I looked perfect to step on stage and she said that I still had fat to lose.. Those kinds of situations can be so frustrating, so I completely understand where ur coming from.
I typically did my cardio on an empty stomach in the morning, which worked for me.. But honestly, diet is what brought me in great shape..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner