over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anti depressants?

chgolatin-one

Registered
Been diagnosed with depression due to hardships in life and a long history of military obligations, I've seen, done and have killed for my country anyway to make the story short. I have been feeling extremely down, too much sleep, lack of appetite, headaches etc etc etc and lately I just havent cared about anything. This has been going on for about 6 or more months.

Been to my personal doctor and did a full physical and everything is ok there however mentally things are not cool. I would love to hear from those that have had success stories with anti depressants, pro's cons etc. Also, any luck trying alternative medicine???

PLEASE THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AND I NEED THE TO HEAR FROM THOSE THAT CONQUERED THEIR DEPRESSION..

I guess nobody on this site has suffered from depression or anything like that.........

LOL give it some time bro, there are planty of people on here that have answered this before. And you would be surprised how many folks have traveled down your exact same path. I for one am on Zoloft right now. I am on a low dose for now. And for me it seems to be helping. I was a true skeptic of any mind altering drugs until a few folks here set me straight. You will not feel funny, act funny, nor will you feel like a junkie on the drugs. What you will do for once is feel "NORMAL" again. And that is the best feeling to have. I felt many times like jumping out a window because I could feel my skin crawling sometimes. Second guessing everything. And even wondering when was my time up on earth. My answer is a very simple yes, if you are having the problems you say you are. Then speak with your doctor and let him help you feel normal again. Believe me bro many of us are on the same page as you. Good health to you bro!

(if you wana talk about it on the PM side, feel free my friend)

Well you know my story bro...i am gonna try to take some time this weekend to put together a good post on this subject, i want to comprehensively tell my story hopefully some may find hope in it.

I do believe in them. Spent the majority of my life living with depression, nothing triggered it, it is just the way it always was for me. Normal for what I knew of life was up and down depression. When I got to a hard, challenging time, I found myself unable to keep it together. I reached a point of being unable to even maintain life as it had always been. At that point I asked for help. At that point I didn't care where or who that help came from. At that point I learned about depression. At that point I started to gain on happiness.

I take an anit-D, for four years now. Tried a few over the first year and found the best one for me. I still have good days and not so good days and all the normal stuff. When I have a not so good day its just that, a not so good DAY. I don't get down and stay there for weeks or months. Wake up the next day and feel good. If taking one pill a day works to live without hitting bottom every year I will take that pill. I feel no different, dont really feel like anything, I feel the good things and the bad things and just live for happiness.

I think it's important not to give up on them if you decide to give them a chance. You don't always start with the right one for you and it takes a few weeks or months to go through and change. The time spent is worth it. If you feel wierd or drugged or anything like that, make sure to tell your Dr. You should feel like yourself and not medicated, if you feel that then keep looking for the right med, with your Dr. They will work well for you if you keep working with your Dr. UNTIL you find the right med and dose. Take care and good luck friend.

One more thing. Yes I did conquer depression. I am happier now than ever in my life and I will keep growing body and mind and happiness.

Last edited:
great post brother...i too now finally live a life that is not wrought with fear that i may again slide into the darkness of depression, i suffered for close to ten years before i finally accepted that what i had was an illness and not a weakness. Those that condemn anti-depressants have never had to walk that path.

I do believe in them. Spent the majority of my life living with depression, nothing triggered it, it is just the way it always was for me. Normal for what I knew of life was up and down depression. When I got to a hard, challenging time, I found myself unable to keep it together. I reached a point of being unable to even maintain life as it had always been. At that point I asked for help. At that point I didn't care where or who that help came from. At that point I learned about depression. At that point I started to gain on happiness.

I take an anit-D, for four years now. Tried a few over the first year and found the best one for me. I still have good days and not so good days and all the normal stuff. When I have a not so good day its just that, a not so good DAY. I don't get down and stay there for weeks or months. Wake up the next day and feel good. If taking one pill a day works to live without hitting bottom every year I will take that pill. I feel no different, dont really feel like anything, I feel the good things and the bad things and just live for happiness.

I think it's important not to give up on them if you decide to give them a chance. You don't always start with the right one for you and it takes a few weeks or months to go through and change. The time spent is worth it. If you feel wierd or drugged or anything like that, make sure to tell your Dr. You should feel like yourself and not medicated, if you feel that then keep looking for the right med, with your Dr. They will work well for you if you keep working with your Dr. UNTIL you find the right med and dose. Take care and good luck friend.

One more thing. Yes I did conquer depression. I am happier now than ever in my life and I will keep growing body and mind and happiness.

this is a wonderful quote. i'm glad you are there now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity