over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Antivirus software?

My trial Norton just ran out and I'm sticking with Avast.com free home version, it seems they upgraded since I lat downloaded it to my last computer, and back then it got rid of all incoming viruses and spyware and tracking cookies, all you had to do was go to the "vault" and look
at the history.Mcaffe is free if you have time warner and something called CA (which is terrible IMO) is free on roadrunners site.Check this out too, I will get the home page later after the gym and it cost like $60 for a lifetime membership and you get all kinds of other encryption stuff and a re-mailer (NYM's) etc. CCleaner - Home

Everything mentioned in this thread is subpar. There are 3 products that are given a three star rating, which was the highest available. They are listed in order of effectiveness:
1. Microsoft Onecare (this product has been discontinued)
2. Eset NOD32
3. Kaspersky

There are many products that are thought to be effective, but they are not. For instance, F-Secure received a 1 star rating for good reasons. It only detected 14% of the known infections. To break it down, it found 41% of the viruses, 3% of worms, 10% backdoor exploits, 49% of trojans and 40% of other malware including script and macro infections. Not good at all.
Sophos detected only 37% of the infections and others faired worse like Kingsoft at 19% detection with many false positives.

MS Onecare detected 60%, NOD32 56% and Kaspersky was at 50% although it had the one of the highest virus detections at 86%.

As you can see, no single product will give you full protection. It's best to go with one of the top 3 and then pick other products for spyware, web filtering and adblocking. You can get several free products at download.com and a subscription to a top tier product that will give you the best protection along with both software and hardware firewalls.

Everything mentioned in this thread is subpar. There are 3 products that are given a three star rating, which was the highest available. They are listed in order of effectiveness:
1. Microsoft Onecare (this product has been discontinued)
2. Eset NOD32
3. Kaspersky

There are many products that are thought to be effective, but they are not. For instance, F-Secure received a 1 star rating for good reasons. It only detected 14% of the known infections. To break it down, it found 41% of the viruses, 3% of worms, 10% backdoor exploits, 49% of trojans and 40% of other malware including script and macro infections. Not good at all.
Sophos detected only 37% of the infections and others faired worse like Kingsoft at 19% detection with many false positives.

MS Onecare detected 60%, NOD32 56% and Kaspersky was at 50% although it had the one of the highest virus detections at 86%.

As you can see, no single product will give you full protection. It's best to go with one of the top 3 and then pick other products for spyware, web filtering and adblocking. You can get several free products at download.com and a subscription to a top tier product that will give you the best protection along with both software and hardware firewalls.

At the time when I was recommending F-Secure they were on their phase out of the AVP engine which is Kaspersky's labs due to cost. This was the engine of all 4 that caught most of the malware. Since then it has gone down hill. The one thing I like about Kaspersky is it's low level rootkit driver and the patented CRC check engine which will not scan a file again if it passes the much faster CRC check. Granted the intitial full scan is a pain in the ass as it takes for ever and seems to have a memory leak with the corporate newest version, I still like the engineering. Once rebooted after the first chek you will run fine but it will scare the shit out of most users the first full scan as it will kill memory and processes once it is done. As I said after a reboot, you are good to go.

ANTI- VIRUS SOFTWARE

Kaiser, I would like to get rid of Mcafee on my daughters laptop.(paid subcription) She has one more year at home before she hits college.

Is there anything out there free like Mcafee, that will prevent spyware, viruses and pop up blockers? I just need it for a year like I said and just for her Laptop.

I'm currently using the trial version of kaspersky 2010 anti- virus for 3 weeks now and so far I find it to be very good and can purchase this for under $30.00 at amazon with ship , and you can also use trial versions of nod32 and avira from download.com that are also very good and not quite as heavy on resources or as sensitive as kaspersky can be not being compatible with other software for some reason . I use a firewall called " agnitum outpost firewall that is a free apt from download.com , and too bad zonealarm firewall is not compatible with kaspersky or it would be a great combo

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131