advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone successful in healing elbow tendinitis?

It is the outside tendon, above the elbow joint. The one you'd use if you were doing a tricep extension of any kind.

OK, so it's tricep tendonitis. Superior to the olecranon process (if you google it, there should be pictures pointing right at it).

That area is just connective tissue. I've injured that area a number of times. Like I posted above: ultrasound + shockwave will get blood in the area and stimulate healing. These are PT modalities that will need to be done at least 2x/week. You should also look into IASTM, with hawkgrips/smart tools/graston or a butter knife. I'm sure there are youtube videos out there that can show you how to do it. Main thing is to avoid painful movements, stimulate blood flow, and let it heal.

Also, be mindful of how you rest your elbow on things. I noticed a lot of my problems came from me resting my elbow on the center console of my car when driving and when at a desk studying or on the computer. That constant pressure on the olecranon will irritate the entire area, especially where you are having pain.

Alternate ice and heat. You can also Rocktape it to displace the pain signals. You need to get blood in there to stimulate the healing process, hence the PT modalities I mentioned above.

I have been bodybuilding for a long time and experienced tendonitis in my elbow for many decades.
I would stop the exercises that hurt for long periods of time and it would get better for a while and then start up again. About 9 years ago I was lifting, doing incline dumbell presses and the tendon tore off, had reattachment surgery a couple days later and locked up for about 6 weeks, at week 8 I was allowed to start lifting (as long as it didn't hurt) and I rehabbed it myself. I still say this ways my best surgery as I never had pain in the elbow again and it came back strong.
With a partial tear, some doctors will tell you to just have the surgery, it sounds scary but it will be your fastest solution (IMO).

I would still say to use a foam roller. Unless there is serious damage, I don't think surgery is really necessary. Neither would any other drugs be necessary. Stimulate your body to heal it on its on by foam rolling and massaging the area with a good amount of pressure.

When you cause the area to "hurt" from foam rolling and massaging you are actually triggering a healing reaction. Those areas typically have restricted blood flow, and the pain you inflict will cause blood, hormones, and other chemicals your body naturally produce to rush to the site and heal it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7h90B1J8bc"]Massage Tutorial: TENNIS ELBOW (Lateral Epicondylitis) - YouTube[/ame]

Watch the vid to see how to massage and treat the area to stimulate self healing.

Find a doctor in your area that does Platelet Rich Plasma PRP injections preferably with ozone added. Should only take 1-3 treatments to start to heat itself.

Worked wonders on my nagging shoulder injury of 2 years and both of my elbow issues.

Rest and stretching sorted mine with a few trips to the chiro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone else has said, make sure your triceps are not super tight... foam roll/stretch them.. when the muscle is chronically tight, it will end up putting way too much strain on the tendon eventually giving you issues. Also, remember tendon injuries heal much much slower... so don't jump in the deep end the first day you notice you're getting a little better..

Had tendonitis so bad a year ago, I couldn't even pick up a light dumbbell without pain.

I started doing bpc-500 injects directly into the forearms to help with healing.

I have a buddy that is a arm wrestler, he introduced me to a few different exercises for strengthening the wrist/forearms - Started light with high reps, and with a month my tendonitis cleared up.

Look up exercises that work the "top roll, or "the hook". Also work your forearms top, bottom, and sides.

Another one I do, is take a couple rubber bands, and wrap them around your fingers - then open your fingers up like a finger "extension". This works the forearms and fingers nicely, and gives strength balance within the forearms - look at it this way - you are constantly closing your fingers around barbells and Dumbbells, when you do the finger extensions - you are opening the fingers which enables the forearms and fingers to get strengthened from an opposite movement = equals balanced strength across the forearms = less tendonitis.

Another one I do, is take a couple rubber bands, and wrap them around your fingers - then open your fingers up like a finger "extension". This works the forearms and fingers nicely, and gives strength balance within the forearms - look at it this way - you are constantly closing your fingers around barbells and Dumbbells, when you do the finger extensions - you are opening the fingers which enables the forearms and fingers to get strengthened from an opposite movement = equals balanced strength across the forearms = less tendonitis.
This is one that I've done too, and I think that it helped. I would keep some rubber bands on the shifter in the car and do it some on the way to/from work.

Bro if it's a tear....even partial to the distal triceps where it attaches to the elbow joint no amount of PRP is gonna fix that. Nothing you do is gonna magically attach that tendon back to your elbow. This may require surgery to get the results you seek. What's the tear size? In millimeters. What does your MRI report say? Post a pic of it.

Last edited:
What ultimately healed me was time. Mine got so bad I couldn't do any arm exercises without excruciating pain. It took me about 6 months to fully recover from it. I'm an old fart now so I'm sure that didn't help anything either.

You need to find an Active Release Technique therapist in your area.

http://activerelease.com/

One session will be all you need to know if it is going to work for you. This is not massage, or chiropractic work. You will NOT need ongoing sessions.

You need to find an Active Release Technique therapist in your area.

http://activerelease.com/

One session will be all you need to know if it is going to work for you. This is not massage, or chiropractic work. You will NOT need ongoing sessions.

If you have a very bad tendinosis you may need up to ten sessions. If it doesnt get better by ten sessions, its not going to get better with ART

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear