advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone Using a Whoop Strap or Other Fitness Tracker?

Sully1234

Registered
Newbies
Looking into a Whoop strap right now and wanted to see if anyone had feedback or other recommendations. Like? Dislike? Not worth the money?

For me I like to see data to get motivated so thought it would be good to improve cardio, RHR, sleep etc.

Looking into a Whoop strap right now and wanted to see if anyone had feedback or other recommendations. Like? Dislike? Not worth the money?

For me I like to see data to get motivated so thought it would be good to improve cardio, RHR, sleep etc.
I have been wearing a whoop since they released it for beta testing. I wouldn’t wear any other device personally as it’s very detailed and lines up with my workouts, recovery etc.

The only limitation is that it doesn’t count steps, but it tells you enough other data that makes it not needed IMO.

Whoop here for exactly 870 days (looked on the app). Friends have it too and one at least a year plus longer than me.

Good data. Really shows me how eating late or alcohol can fuck up my recovery and the impact on various vitals. Can see hgh or tren raise my RHR some. Doesn't do everything (nothing does blood pressure or glucose besides dedicated) but real good.

Best part for me is ease and charge and charge length. A charge lasts 5ish days so never take it off and capture 24/7. I also don't need another daily charge pita to maintain device. The charger is actually a portable little battery which you charge separately (in an hour and can take with you for 10 days of charge). Clip it on the whoop and continue to wear it while it regarges in an hour or so (or just sleep with it charging). Remover and charge until you need it again. It's all waterproof now too so you can even jump in the shower with it charging (easy to forget). Simple.

Measures more cardiovascular strain than weightlifting but handles recovery well and you can see where you are. Tracks behaviors and their impacts but doesn't allow custom behaviors... So basically my calcium reading is hgh etc...lol

I’ve had several more expensive wrist monitors, but I’ve damaged every single one. I’m rough on things plus I work with my hands all day at work shoving them in cramped spaces. Finally just ended up with some generic cheap ass shit from overseas. Works good enough for me…

Had it for a month now so far… If it breaks it’s only ~$20.

Cage

Whoop for me right now. I was an Oura guy since it started and think it’s great. They just have kinda shitty customer service and after a couple problems, I was over them. But whoop is great. I love data and log everything from my gear, body weight, sleep score, HRV, etc. All of it super helpful as I make physique changes over time and see what is or isn’t working

Do you guys find that it tracks sleep apnea accurately?

Finally getting insurance soon so I’ll be able to get another set of studies done.

Good data. Really shows me how eating late or alcohol can fuck up my recovery and the impact on various vitals.

Eating late at night affects recovery? Even if it is healthy? Or junk?

Eating late at night affects recovery? Even if it is healthy? Or junk?

Fricking crazy- I had no idea. All of it and it's not just me - others find exactly the same. There's a newer daily stress line chart that shows where you are and have been for a number of preceding hours. During quality sleep it's low and largely flat. If I eat a decent sized meal (even super healthy) it bounces around moderate and only gets low and flat in the final period of sleep. This also correlates to resting heart rate, heart rate variability and other factors that influence your overall recovery metric. Digesting a meal of substance takes energy/effort I guess and it impacts your sleep.

Lots of other people noticed it too. Now late night drinking is also similar and even worse so it's a spectrum. If going for optimal, I'd avoid food 3hrs before sleep or more. Others found the same. Can probably sneak in a small snack or a protein shake but it's real. It makes sense but I didn't realize the magnitude of work/effort going on as it's subconscious.

Do you guys find that it tracks sleep apnea accurately?

Finally getting insurance soon so I’ll be able to get another set of studies done.
You can cross correlate the data by looking at your recovery percentage, number of wake events, which phase of sleep you were in and how long, as well your oxygen saturation.

This data should give you an idea of where your apnea events are taking place. It doesn’t replace a sleep apnea test though.

ive had oura ring for a good few years, just looking at sleep. recently was looking into the whoop vs apple watch and opted for the watch. seems ok last few days... whoop did seem good but i didnt like the subscription model.

Fricking crazy- I had no idea. All of it and it's not just me - others find exactly the same. There's a newer daily stress line chart that shows where you are and have been for a number of preceding hours. During quality sleep it's low and largely flat. If I eat a decent sized meal (even super healthy) it bounces around moderate and only gets low and flat in the final period of sleep. This also correlates to resting heart rate, heart rate variability and other factors that influence your overall recovery metric. Digesting a meal of substance takes energy/effort I guess and it impacts your sleep.

Lots of other people noticed it too. Now late night drinking is also similar and even worse so it's a spectrum. If going for optimal, I'd avoid food 3hrs before sleep or more. Others found the same. Can probably sneak in a small snack or a protein shake but it's real. It makes sense but I didn't realize the magnitude of work/effort going on as it's subconscious.

Every try having something just like a protein shake pre bed and see how that goes?

Every try having something just like a protein shake pre bed and see how that goes?

The less the better is what I've noticed. I think I did a basic 50g of protein in water and it was negligible or small. A mega meal and crash afterward resulted in a near full night of elevated stress and associated stats. Couldn't even tell I was sleeping from the graph.

I generally don't like apple products, but I keep coming across patients who were notified of cardiac dysrhythmia by the I-watch. Obviously it is not a first line tool like taking a 12-lead ekg, but this early notification can be life saving.

I HATE HATE SAAS/HAAS products as a consumer....now as a Finance Exec it is the sexiest shit on the planet for driving valuations...and for good reason. Your customers are locked in like a mf'er.

I have a Galaxy watch, 4 I think, and I track my sleep results in a spreadsheet along with the various sleep supplements I take, last meal etc. I am a bit OCD.

The site below is very interesting on how accurate/inaccurate these devices are. Highly recommend you watch a review of your target product prior to buying it...

Hmm. Well I wore mine for the first night last night and apparently I had a 97% sleep score and 2 wake events per hour. That's with a custom 3D printed mouth piece to prevent my jaw from sliding back and causing apneas.

97% doesnt make much sense based on how I feel. I think it's still calibrating but we'll see...

The less the better is what I've noticed. I think I did a basic 50g of protein in water and it was negligible or small. A mega meal and crash afterward resulted in a near full night of elevated stress and associated stats. Couldn't even tell I was sleeping from the graph.
I appreciate that, its really useful info.

As I was setting mine up it literally had a notification saying eating before bed caused a lot of users to have poor sleep quality.

Hmm. Well I wore mine for the first night last night and apparently I had a 97% sleep score and 2 wake events per hour. That's with a custom 3D printed mouth piece to prevent my jaw from sliding back and causing apneas.

97% doesnt make much sense based on how I feel. I think it's still calibrating but we'll see...
It takes a few weeks to fully calibrate and learn your personal data. Keep in mind recovery is different than the sleep score percentage. Previous days strain, RHR, etc are all taken into account on recovery.

I would def go through the overviews to learn how it calculates it all- pretty cool stuff if you have the time to read it all.

It takes a few weeks to fully calibrate and learn your personal data. Keep in mind recovery is different than the sleep score percentage. Previous days strain, RHR, etc are all taken into account on recovery.

I would def go through the overviews to learn how it calculates it all- pretty cool stuff if you have the time to read it all.

Ah gotcha, yeah I've been rushing around this morning so didn't do a deep dive yet. Will do!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws