over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Belts

I use a belt (cardillo) off and on as I feel it helps keep my abdomen tight on certain movements. I have a hernia (ventral) and alot of scar tissue down there from multiple incisions. I do not use a belt all the time though, some days are better than others. I'll train my abdominal a few times a week for stability and that really helps alleviate the need for a belt imo. I believe a belt has its place... but i also believe some ppl use a belt unnecessarily far too much.
I wear the same belt .. i was gonna write something but i read this and i wear for same reason as you and have same thoughts has its place with certian things i do

I do powerlifting, so I have a bit different perspective on this.

I do NOT wear a lifting belt at all in the off season. I only use one when gearing up for a contest. I noticed a bunch of Russian dudes doing that and then Dan Greene told me he does the same thing.

My goal in the off season is to get stronger and build more muscle. The belt is just a leverage tool to create more pressure. I don’t believe a belt will help you prevent injury, but it may cause it.

But I use a 13mm lever belt when it’s contest season.

What would you say is the difference in the amount of weight lifted? I scrolled through Ben's IG and he did a post on pulling beltless and said there's a difference of about 10%. So I was going to start there. What have you found in your experience?

I love the lever type. Just quick an easy! Although I have the old traditional belt style one too. But after trying the lever one; it became my go to….

Cage
They’re great if you never move weight classes or anything. But I used to go up and down all the time for meets and having to get out a screwdriver to adjust all the time just isn’t worth it to me. Plus….I like the added security of less parts that can fail. I’ve seen someone’s belt come apart under a heavy load and it isn’t pretty

Yep. The constant adjustments just aren’t worth it to me when the single prong gets the job done and I can adjust at will. And I’ve had the same single prong Inzer forever belt since I was 22. So it’s 16 years old now.
I might set the adjustment twice a year, it’s either 2 or 3 screws..I don’t mind

Kind of weird not to want an “unnatural” anything while injecting unnatural gear and trying to gain unnatural levels of muscle….no?

I don’t think they have any relation to each other to draw that comparison. I don’t see a correlation between lifting technique/preference and injecting AAS….

Besides for looks I also lift weights for practical strength and ability, I’m probably not going to be wearing a lifting belt, gloves, knee wraps, wrist straps and a compression shirt in any practical situation….that’s how I always saw it. But I wouldn’t disparage anyone who does, again just how I look at it and I’m not any kind of competitor.

I've had 5 lower back surgeries and have metal rods and screws in my lower back and my orthopedic surgeon told me to ALWAYS wear a belt when lifting. (Even when doing say arms)

Would he have said that if I didn't have the surgeries and material in my lower back? Yes, because I asked him and he told me it definitely is safer to wear one than not to wear one. Something with constant abdominal wall pressure.

I tend to take his advice more at face value than what other BB'ers advise.

I’ve had a dual prong and lever, I prefer the lever. I never wore one until I ruptured a disc in my lower back squatting.
As to adjusting, it’s rare that I need to. My buddy has an Inzer belt with a ratchet built into it. I’ve never tried it, but he really likes it.

What are everyone's thoughts on lifting belts? Do you feel they are a necessity for safety purposes on certain exercises, or do you feel they limit development of the lower back and core? I have worn one for squats, deadlifts, and barbell/t-bar rows the entire time I've been lifting. I'm wondering if I should abandon the belt and scale back the weights then work my way back up so I'm lifting what I do now but beltless.

I don't follow him anymore, but Jordan Peters never wears a belt and always puts a condescending, passive aggressive caption in his posts for people that do. I have to admit, seeing what he pulls without one is pretty crazy. I've also seen Ben Pollack post videos where he doesn't wear one.

Where do you guys stand on this?
I wear a belt on squats but never on deadlift. used to help on deadlift but for some reason wearing a belt on deadlift actually causes me mild low back pain. cant seem to brace well with a belt on deadlift.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws