over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pros and weightlifting belts

BabyBeast05

Featured Member
Why do most pros wear weightlifting belts every time they train? I usually only wear one for heavy squats or rows, and sometimes I still wont wear one. I can remember reading where some people believed wearing a belt helped keep your waist tight. What do you guys think?

i hear its used for trying to keep the midsection tighter....doesnt allow the stomach to just distend while relaxed...but it just what ive heard

The so called corset effect

a lot of them have personalized ones, wear it to show off or maybe plug their sponsors

Don't know about the pros but I don't wear one unless I'm doing really heavy. For me, I feel wearing a belt all the time gives the body a false sense of support and doesn't engage the core muscles as effectively.

On the other hand I read somewhere that wearing a belt helps to heat up the white fat cells around the abdominal region and thus burn more fat since calories are heat. Don't know if I agree with that though.

Jason Huh talked about this in one of the videos posted here. It is to keep the mid section smaller. He wears it everytime he trains.

Don't know about the pros but I don't wear one unless I'm doing really heavy. For me, I feel wearing a belt all the time gives the body a false sense of support and doesn't engage the core muscles as effectively.

On the other hand I read somewhere that wearing a belt helps to heat up the white fat cells around the abdominal region and thus burn more fat since calories are heat. Don't know if I agree with that though.

Jason Huh talked about this in one of the videos posted here. It is to keep the mid section smaller. He wears it everytime he trains.

Interesting. I only wear a belt for squats. I even do my deads/rack pulls belt less. Besides I still have the big ass PL belt so its probably not contouring my waist very much

I actually never train with a belt, but if i had a cool one that said my name, or MR O, or MR USA or MR anything, i'd probably wear it during all types of training as well. Hell, i'd probably wear it out in public while walking my dog, eating out, grocery shopping, job interviews etc...

I actually have the same ideals as bigboy05, I get more core involved when not wearing one. Maybe its mental, but i dont feel like i can train as heavy when wearing a belt.

I notice when I wear my belt I can take as deep of breaths because my stomach doesn't expand as much, so I could see how some people would say it keeps the waist tight.

On some exercises such as deadlifts I find I'm stronger WITH OUT the belt

cant remember where or when i heard/saw it...but i believe joe weider told ronnie to start wearing a belt through his whole workouts and practice keeping his abs flexed at all times like when riding around in his car or anything too...i think its more to do w guys that have really big midsections from alot of slin and food....

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131