advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hardest training Pros or Semi Pros out there today?

Can anyone give examples of other athletic pursuits where previous generations talk bad about the current generation?

I don't hear of this in baseball, football, soccer, hockey, golf, etc., and I want to know why it's so prevalent in bodybuilding.

Can anyone give examples of other athletic pursuits where previous generations talk bad about the current generation?

I don't hear of this in baseball, football, soccer, hockey, golf, etc., and I want to know why it's so prevalent in bodybuilding.
it is primarily because the sport is built around insecurity. It is the same reason women hate other women.

though it is a pretty strong sentiment about the NBA. A lot of former players, and older fans for that matter, call the current state of the league "soft" because of load management, it's much less physical, and player mobility.

Been training over 30 years myself. Training is boring as hell but it's my lifestyle not a hobby. I don't weigh myself nor keep a Training or diet log. Everything has been learned and is instinctive. These days it's all about adaptation to aging. Just over 50 and things are changing fast. Constantly updating Training sessions to avoid injury and maintaining what I have. I still use the same split I started on 30 years ago except I train EOD vs 3 on 1 off. Rep ranges used to be 4 to 8 tops. Now it's 8 to 12. TUT is pretty slow and I do more sets than my prime. Boring is just a word we use sometimes to cover a broad spectrum of meanings. I still have fun pumps and enjoy the maintaining process.
👍 Like your style. You said it better than I.

I dont believe any of the guys you mentioned were doing those weights just weeks out from a bodybuilding show like Ronnie did for the Olympia, that's what made Ronnie's training video so fucking crazy 🤪 😳

As I posted Ronnie is number 1 for many reasons but mainly the whole package meaning how good he was as a BB, his appearance and his strength. Many people post like hard training is rare these days and it's not the same which I totally disagree with. I notice a lot of that in bodybuilding and how everyone used to look better, they trained harder, they dieted harder, they needed less drugs, the drugs were so much better in the past etc. I even prefer most of the older looks compared to now but I disagree that people used to train harder and lift more weights. All of the powerlifting records have been continuously broken through the decades as well. I can understand when guys go about about the social media posers in the gyms and because that is very real and things have shifted.

Ronnie was brought up and obviously he was super impressive. No one has looked more impressive to lift weights but in regards to just strength there are better. James Hollingshead lifts huge weights (all body parts) and has done in contest preps. Ronnie's heaviest squat was 800 pounds for 2 reps and he wore a suit for it and he says he wishes he would have done more reps. Nicolass Du Preez has just squatted 826.7 lbs for 5 reps with no suit. He just deadlifted 804 lbs for 5 reps. He is just one guy who looks like a bodybuilder who is super strong but there are loads. Another one I regularly see is Greg Taylor and he recently stiff legged deadlifted 300kg for 6 reps 19 days out from a show. Joseph Mackey is another who has lifted huge weights and very close to a show. I know his heaviest deadlift is 860 pounds for 2 reps which is more than Ronnie's. I know he also does 8-10 rep sets with 190lb db's for chest.

So my post wasn't stating any of them have had the same effect as Ronnie as that would be ridiculous and false. He terms of just hard training and strength they are 100% up there with him.

Been training over 30 years myself. Training is boring as hell but it's my lifestyle not a hobby. I don't weigh myself nor keep a Training or diet log. Everything has been learned and is instinctive. These days it's all about adaptation to aging. Just over 50 and things are changing fast. Constantly updating Training sessions to avoid injury and maintaining what I have. I still use the same split I started on 30 years ago except I train EOD vs 3 on 1 off. Rep ranges used to be 4 to 8 tops. Now it's 8 to 12. TUT is pretty slow and I do more sets than my prime. Boring is just a word we use sometimes to cover a broad spectrum of meanings. I still have fun pumps and enjoy the maintaining process.
Massive it would be interesting to hear what exercises etc you actually use now and what you’ve had to change or trim out. I’m 48 and it seems my exercise selection decreases year on year when I find another exercise that for years was good to go now just inflames something.

I dunno, I love watching Jordan Peters train. His training is pretty much perfect IMO. Unbelievably heavy, but so strict and controlled. He is a human forklift. The focus he has is inspirational to me.

I bet Nick Walker has woken up a few times in a cold sweat after seeing Charles Griffen tear his pec on incline dumbbell press using weights that were relatively not that heavy

Watch Hadi train versus Las Vegas pro's. They want his title and he trains circles around them.

I don't enjoy training videos but like 2...dlb...Milos

I've always been a low volume log book guy...but it got boring...and at my age, calorie level, and gear amount I'm not going to grow or really looking to....just refine physique stay lean

Love Milos giant sets...a whole new kind of intensity vs low volume. Also incorporating some calesthenics...chinups...l sits...tons of bw dips...pushups....try new things

I especially like the way dlb hits shoulders
Rather than your typical oh press 4x 8-12, lat raise 4x15-20...rev pec dec 4x12-15......I feel a much better pump with alll the giant sets, drop sets, incorporate bands etc

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131