over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Benefit of taking HGH pwo and how much?

IM PWO in the muscle you just worked correct? So what would you do if you did a split like back/bicep or shoulders/bench? And I got BD 30 gauge 1/2 long needle, would that suffice?

If you enjoy the pain of an IM injection, by all means have at it. While some studies vary, it's clear the diferences are so minimal, is it really worth the trouble? It's been said SC will yeild a slightly higher plasma peak value - shown to be key for growth as it better mimic's your own bodies natural response. However if you truly desire the highest plasma peak attainable, then I.V. is beats them all hands down, offering a peak value as much as 10x greater.

Further, as for when to inject, it matters not if you are WO'ing out within 10 minutes after administration. Again, this is due to the amount of time it takes to be absorbed if method of admin is SC or IM. If I.V., efects are immediate.

Here's an SC vs. IM conparison study:

Subcutaneous Versus Intramuscular Growth Hormone Therapy: Growth and Acute Somatomedin Response

Darrell M. Wilson MD1, Bonita Baker BS1, Raymond L. Hintz MD1, and Ron G. Rosenfeld MD1
1 Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California

To determine the optimal route of growth hormone administration, a comparison was made of the acute somatomedin response and chronic growth response to either intramuscular or subcutaneous growth hormone in 20 children with growth hormone deficiency. None of the children had received growth hormone for at least 2 weeks prior to their random selection to receive growth hormone by either the subcutaneous (N = 11) or intramuscular (N = 9) route. Plasma samples for determination of levels of insulin-like growth factors I and II (IGF-I and IGF-II) were obtained prior to therapy and 20 hours after the first and fourth of four daily injections of growth hormone. Growth rate and growth hormone antibody levels were determined before and after 6 months of therapy. IGF-I levels tripled in both treatment groups after four days of growth hormone injections, whereas IGF-II levels nearly doubled, with no significant difference between the intramuscular or subcutaneous group. After 6 months of therapy, there was no significant difference in growth rate and only two patients had developed growth hormone antibodies. Both patients and parents expressed a preference for the subcutaneous method. The identical rises in the IGF-I and IGF-II levels following a brief course of either subcutaneous or intramuscular injections of growth hormone, the similar growth rates, the low incidence of antibody development, and the preference for the subcutaneous route all suggest that the subcutaneous route is the method of choice for chronic growth hormone therapy.
**broken link removed**

Again, if there's little diffence between the two, why select the painful IM? Further, as for uptake/obsoption/clearance, etc. here's an excerpt from an SC study:

Plasma Integrated Concentration of Growth Hormone After Recombinant Human Growth Hormone Injection

Stuart A. Chalew, MD; Moshe Phillip, MD; A. Avinoam Kowarski, MD
Am J Dis Child. 1993;147(3):274-278.

Intervention.
—Patients received subcutaneous injections of 0.06 mg/kg of growth hormone three times a week in the evenings at approximately 8 PM. Integrated concentrations were measured again approximately 6 months after the start of therapy at the time of a growth hormone injection.

Measurements and Results.
—Mean growth hormone dose administered was 2.0±0.5 mg. Integrated concentration of growth hormone was 2.2±0.9 µg/L before therapy. The integrated concentration of growth hormone after treatment (14.6±4.2 µg/L) was significantly higher than that before treatment and that of normally growing children (P<.001). After injection, peak growth hormone level was 53.7±24.1 µg/L; time to peak growth hormone level, 4.8±1.2 hours; constant of elimination, 0.24±0.06 per hour; half life, 3.0±0.7 hours; area under the curve, 328±85 (µg·h)L; clearance rate, 107.6±34.3 mL/min (3.2±0.8 mL/min per kilogram based on weight, 95.2±24.2 mL/min per meter squared based on surface area). There was no relationship between integrated concentration of growth hormone or pharmacokinetic variables after treatment and the growth response to 6 months' therapy. Integrated concentration of insulin before treatment was 19.0±10.9 mU/L, which was significantly lower than that after injection of growth hormone (33.4±9.5 mU/L; n=9, P<.0008).

**broken link removed**

For a few blurbs on Pharmacokinetics, check this page:
RxMed: Pharmaceutical Information - NUTROPIN

It is reported that the equal pharmacological effect could be achieved via SC or Im administration. Even though SC may lead to higher cioncentration of GH in plasma, IM could also yield the same IGF-1 level. The absorption of GH is relatively slow, max often occurs at 3-5 hours after injection. Clearance of GHis via liver and kidney, the half-life of clearance is 2-3 hours.

This is word for word from the literature that came with each kit. That's where I came up with it.

This information can be found on this GH manufacturers website:
http://www.ankebio.com/english/ansomone.asp?third_id=5

However, note Humatrope's literature differs slightly:

Metabolism --Extensive metabolism studies have not been conducted. The metabolic fate of somatropin involves classical protein catabolism in both the liver and kidneys. In renal cells, at least a portion of the breakdown products of growth hormone is returned to the systemic circulation. In normal volunteers, mean clearance is 0.14 L/hr/kg. The mean half-life of intravenous somatropin is 0.36 hours, whereas subcutaneously and intramuscularly administered somatropin have mean half-lives of 3.8 and 4.9 hours, respectively. The longer half-life observed after subcutaneous or intramuscular administration is due to slow absorption from the injection site.

By the way it should be noted, peak hormone levels will differ from that of half-life.

Last edited:
Good info 123, completely agree now after all I've read. My only comment is doin gh IM doesn't hurt at all. I can barely remember the next day where my last poke was. It's not like Test or any AAS, JMO. Evidently my skin is sensitive to the gh so I've been goin IM and it's g2g.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear