over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

blood test/precautions before taking hgh

hyper1

Newbies
I usually get my blood test a few times a year while I am on TRT. I am going to start 2 I.U. a day in a few weeks.

Is there any precationary test markers I should take. Currently in good health from standard blood testing and physical.

I thought getting close to 50 years old would take awhile shit is coming fast.

Appreciate any info.

Well seems like you really dont need any special test before taking hgh.

Check your IGF-1 level to get a baseline. Then you will be able to dial in your dose once you get going. I'm 60 and I like to keep mine at the top of the range for my age which seems to be a sweet spot for no side effects and good nutrient partitioning and a little fullness. By managing your IGF-1 level you can take the guessing game out of titration of your dose to your goals.

When starting therapeutic rhGH or increasing dosage, a thorough endo would: monitor serum T4 to detect pre-existing central hypothyroidism (not causal, just reveals), bone age assessment, thyroid function testing (in GH-deficient patients), adrenal function testing in patients with evidence or suspicion of multiple pituitary hormone deficiency (e.g. transcription factor defects, midline abnormalities). Additional general safety monitoring for non-GH deficient patients should include clinical assessment for scoliosis and monitoring of HbA1c levels (for further details in specific conditions refer to published reports) (12, 13, 14, 15). [1].

[1] Allen, D B et al. “GH safety workshop position paper: a critical appraisal of recombinant human GH therapy in children and adults.” European journal of endocrinology vol. 174,2 (2016): P1-9. doi:10.1530/EJE-15-0873

When starting therapeutic rhGH or increasing dosage, a thorough endo would: monitor serum T4 to detect pre-existing central hypothyroidism (not causal, just reveals), bone age assessment, thyroid function testing (in GH-deficient patients), adrenal function testing in patients with evidence or suspicion of multiple pituitary hormone deficiency (e.g. transcription factor defects, midline abnormalities). Additional general safety monitoring for non-GH deficient patients should include clinical assessment for scoliosis and monitoring of HbA1c levels (for further details in specific conditions refer to published reports) (12, 13, 14, 15). [1].

[1] Allen, D B et al. “GH safety workshop position paper: a critical appraisal of recombinant human GH therapy in children and adults.” European journal of endocrinology vol. 174,2 (2016): P1-9. doi:10.1530/EJE-15-0873
Any idea why they would test for Scoliosis before administering exogenous GH? Does GH-administration carry the risk of worsening pre-existing Scoliosis?

Reason I ask is because my brother has it and I'm pretty sure he's doing GH 😊

Any idea why they would test for Scoliosis before administering exogenous GH? Does GH-administration carry the risk of worsening pre-existing Scoliosis?

Reason I ask is because my brother has it and I'm pretty sure he's doing GH 😊
Not really for an adult. It's done out of an abundance of caution (Europeans) that rhGH might worsen curve progression or perhaps onset of scoliosis.

Of course, there's this (which should remove any fear for an adult with mild scoliosis):

Results: GH-treated children had similar onset of scoliosis and curve progression as randomized controls (P0.27–0.79 and P0.18–0.98, respectively). GH treatment, IGF-I SD score (SDS), and catch-up growth had no adverse effect on the onset of scoliosis or curve progression, even after adjustment for confounders. Height SDS, truncal lean body mass, and IGF-I SDS were significantly higher in GH-treated children than in randomized controls. At baseline, a higher IGF-I SDS was associated with a lower severity of scoliosis.

Conclusions: Scoliosis should no longer be considered a contraindication for GH treatment inchildren with PWS. (J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94: 1274–1280, 2009)

Basline IGF and if you want to for fun, serum GH. Then if you decide to pull a serum test after pinning you will have a reference and also a reference for IGF later on after some use

You may want to get a glucometer to see if your glucose levels are being effected. But i wouldn't think it would be to much of a problem.

You may want to get a glucometer to see if your glucose levels are being effected. But i wouldn't think it would be to much of a problem.
Definitely a good idea. I see a lot of guys minimizing the insulin resistance rhGH causes, but it's very significant. I promise you guys like luki and b-boy would have issues if they weren't so good about controlling their BG with cardio, metformin, and those that use slin, slin (though it's a bit like taking a jackhammer to a nail unless you're a pro). I'd look into what they do if you're running rhGH!

I usually get my blood test a few times a year while I am on TRT. I am going to start 2 I.U. a day in a few weeks.

Is there any precationary test markers I should take. Currently in good health from standard blood testing and physical.

Appreciate any info.

I’m assuming you’re asking for health reasons, correct?

All these people talking about checking your IGF-1 levels, sure, you can do that, but that does Jack shit to let you know where your health is at..

I’d obviously do all your regular bloods just to get checked out anyway (full lipids, consider a full cardio IQ, hematology, CBC etc)..

I’d do and have done the following; and all can be purchased on PRIVATEMDLABS...

BNP Test - it checks your heart function and detects any CHF or severe LVH, high blood pressure’s effects on the heart etc.. Great test I think anyone should take..

Thyroid panel, some people get a negative effect on their thyroid when running GH depending on dose, I’d get a baseline to see where you’re at...

Fasting Insulin levels, obviously having high insulin levels, even in the presence of low blood sugar levels is HORRIBLE for you, it’s actually a main predictor in mortality (CVD type disease, cancers etc)

Blood sugar, get a monitor to constantly see where you’re at fasting in the morning...

Blood pressure monitor, some people get high blood pressure running GH, you don’t know if you don’t constantly check...

CRP HS (High Sensitive) another great test that detects inflammation in the body and is a predictor of cardiac events/risk...

Full Male Cancer Panel, this test does a lot of the above with CRP I believe and CBC etc, but it has specific antigen tests like CEA and Carbohydrate Antigen and PSA with free PSA as well... This test basically tests for antigens and markers that are commonly elevated when tumors in certain areas are detected...

I think with all the above and the full Cardio IQ (which I think everyone should do at least every few years) you should be good to go on basically seeing your overall health and where you’re at...

Any more details than that and you’d basically need a full body MRI to see what’s going on inside you (which I wish was able to be done, I’d definitely do it.. lol)

Not really for an adult. It's done out of an abundance of caution (Europeans) that rhGH might worsen curve progression or perhaps onset of scoliosis.

Of course, there's this (which should remove any fear for an adult with mild scoliosis):

Results: GH-treated children had similar onset of scoliosis and curve progression as randomized controls (P0.27–0.79 and P0.18–0.98, respectively). GH treatment, IGF-I SD score (SDS), and catch-up growth had no adverse effect on the onset of scoliosis or curve progression, even after adjustment for confounders. Height SDS, truncal lean body mass, and IGF-I SDS were significantly higher in GH-treated children than in randomized controls. At baseline, a higher IGF-I SDS was associated with a lower severity of scoliosis.

Conclusions: Scoliosis should no longer be considered a contraindication for GH treatment inchildren with PWS. (J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94: 1274–1280, 2009)
Thx a lot 😊

Basline IGF and if you want to for fun, serum GH. Then if you decide to pull a serum test after pinning you will have a reference and also a reference for IGF later on after some use
Yes. 100% correct answer.

Appreciate any info.
I would be sure to include a CBC to check basophils and identify any level of polycythemia

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws