advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Brothers & Sisters in Fitness I need help...

Braziliangirl

Newbies
I have this competition coming in December, it is a bikini competition not a figure so I don't need to be shredded down to my bone. I am 4'11" weighting now 118lb. I do need to lose at least 10lb before the "D" day. For some reason it has been difficult for me, because I am Brazilian and in all my previuos competitions in Brazil I had the support of my partner in fitness, coach and friends, now I am all by myself here in the USA trying to go on, but it is hard. I am trying to lose weight but I can't. So I decided ask for some advice and some tips from you experts. I am going tell you what I have been doing so far. I know that I've been doing something wrong. So I accept any really "ANY" advice, criticism or tips, because I know that it will be to help me.

Diet : Morning (every morning religiouly): 2 eggs white scrambled with spinach and mushroom; 3/4 oatmeal cooked with 3/4 of skin milk and & some dried cramberry; 1 cup of coffee & milk (since I drink it with the age of 3yrs old I can't leave without anymore) 2 mini toasts ( half poker card size)

Snack: either whey with milk or 2 eggs white or sometimes not at all because I am not hungry.

Lunch: either turkey, chicken breast or lean red meat ( 3 oz) or sometimes at work I eat chicken salad or crab salad), brocolis , green beans or brown rice( 3/4 cups).

Snack: I do eat this when I am not working: 2 to 3 eggs white, 3/4 of oats, half banana everything mixed and microwaved I do it and eat with coffee & milk or 3/4 of oatmeal cooked.

I go workout at the gym at night.

After gym: Now here is where I think that I am not doing so good.

I mix in the blender: either 3 eggs white cooked or 1 can of tuna ( I change everynight) , 1 tb of peanut butter, 6oz of orange juice, 2tb of cottage cheese, 5gr of glutamine and 1 scoop od whey protein. I drink it and enjoy a lot, I can say I am addicted to it.:D. That's all.

I do cardio: 45 min. stair master 1 time a week and 2x a week I do 35 min of tradmill with this program: 5 min. at 5 speed. 3.0 (2min) 6(1min)

Supplements: Whey, glutamine, vit.C 1000mg, flax oil, calcium 2x day.

Can't loose wheight anymore, but as I said in the beggining I want to. So what am I doing wrong? Thank you everyone.

If i were you i would contact Shelby and see about hiring him to finish this off for you (Because you are going to get a ton of information on here that may or may not help you). He is phenomenal in regards to getting people shredded!!! He has worked with numerous fitness and figure competitors and has some awesome before and after pics and seems to be able to get them dialed in. KS

I would suggest three things :

1. Don't always go by the scale. You may be getting leaner but your scale may not verify this
2. Try lowering your carbs for a few days then bring them back up
3. Cardio in the morning 6 days a week

Well, IMO too many carbs, not enough cardio and some days only 4 meals. I also noticed you didn't mention any weight-training. Bikini is different so I don't know maybe this is what bikini competitors do?!?

Well, IMO too many carbs, not enough cardio and some days only 4 meals. I also noticed you didn't mention any weight-training. Bikini is different so I don't know maybe this is what bikini competitors do?!?

I would definitely suggest some weight training regardless of the goals.

MONDAY

DELTS

•SIDE DB LATERALS
•UPRIGHT ROWS
•ONE ARM DB LATERALS W/ CABLES
•SEATED DB PRESS
•BENT OVER LATERAL RAISES
•MACHINE REAR DELT FLYES

BICEPS

•HIGH CABLE SINGLE ARM CURL
•INCLINE DB CURLS
•DB CONCENTRATION CURL
•DB HAMMER CURLS

TUESDAY

HAMSTRINGS

•LYING LEG CURLS
•STIFF LEGGED PARTIAL DEADLIFTS
•STANDING LEG CURLS
•DB LUNGES (PRESS WITH HEELS)
•SEATED LEG CURLS
•WEIGHTED STEP UPS OR BUTT BLASTER / 3 SETS OF 30 TO EACH LEG

CALVES (4 SETS OF 15)

•LEG PRESS / CALF (TOES IN)
•LEG PRESS / CALF (TOES IN)
•STANDING CALF RAISES (TOES FORWARD)

LOWER ABS
•HANGING LEG RAISES
•HIP RAISES
•WEIGHTED FROG KICKS
3 SETS OF 25 ON ABOVE

WEDNESDAY

BACK
•MACHINE ASSISTED WIDE GRIP PULL-UPS TO FRONT
•MACHINE ASSISTED CLOSE GRIP PULL-UPS (REVERSE GRIP)
•MACHINE ASSISTED NEUTRAL GRIP PULL-UPS OR PULLDOWNS USING V-BAR
•ONE ARM DB ROWS OR SEATED CABLE ROWS
•STIFF ARM PULLDOWNS WITH ROPE

TRICEPS
•ROPE PRESSDOWNS
•SEATED OVERHEAD DB TRICEPS EXTENSIONS
•STRAIGHT BAR PRESSDOWNS
•TRICEPS DIPS ON BENCH

THURSDAY

QUADS
•LEG EXTENSIONS (TOES OUT)
•BARBELL SQUATS (MEDIUM STANCE)
•BARBELL SQUATS (WIDE STANCE)
•LEG PRESSES (FEET & KNEES TOGETHER)
•WALKING LUNGES
•LEG EXTENSIONS (TOES STRAIGHT)

INNER/OUTER THIGHS
•ABDUCTOR MACHINE
•ADDUCTOR MACHINE
SUPERSET THE ABOVE / 3 SETS OF 25 REPS

CALVES
•SEATED CALF RAISES / 4 SETS OF 50

FRIDAY

CHEST
•INCLINE DB BENCH PRESS
•INCLINE DB FLYES (PALMS FACING FORWARD)
•FLAT DB BENCH PRESS
•MACHINE ASSISTED DIPS (CHIN DOWN / ELBOWS FLARED)
•LOW PULLEY CABLE CROSSOVERS

TRAPS
•SHOULDER SHRUGS WITH BARBELL
•DB SHRUGS

MID / UPPER ABS
•45 DEGREE INCLINE SITUPS
•WEIGHTED CRUNCHES
•HIGH CABLE ROPE AB PRESSDOWNS
3 SETS OF 25 ON ABOVE
This is my training. When I skip one day because my job I come back in the order it is.

I would definitely suggest some weight training regardless of the goals.

I don't know about bikini either because is gonna be my first time here in USA, before I was figure in Brazil. I just read in the rules that if the athlete is too cut for the bikini they will took points off. :confused:

I do believe in a bikini contest that they are looking for girls with nice tone not cut up like a bodybuilder or fitness contestant. On your lifting keep the reps high and rest periods down. I also believe in letting the mirror dictate what you do rather then the scale.

I have this competition coming in December, it is a bikini competition not a figure so I don't need to be shredded down to my bone. I am 4'11" weighting now 118lb. I do need to lose at least 10lb before the "D" day. For some reason it has been difficult for me, because I am Brazilian and in all my previuos competitions in Brazil I had the support of my partner in fitness, coach and friends, now I am all by myself here in the USA trying to go on, but it is hard. I am trying to lose weight but I can't. So I decided ask for some advice and some tips from you experts. I am going tell you what I have been doing so far. I know that I've been doing something wrong. So I accept any really "ANY" advice, criticism or tips, because I know that it will be to help me.

Diet : Morning (every morning religiouly): 25/B] eggs white scrambled with spinach and mushroom; 3/4 oatmeal cooked with 3/4 of skin milk and & some dried cramberry; 1 cup of coffee & milk (since I drink it with the age of 3yrs old I can't leave without anymore) 2 mini toasts ( half poker card size)

Snack: either whey with milk or 2 eggs white or sometimes not at all because I am not hungry.

Lunch: either turkey, chicken breast or lean red meat ( 3 oz) or sometimes at work I eat chicken salad or crab salad), brocolis , green beans or brown rice( 3/4 cups).

Snack: I do eat this when I am not working: 2 to 3 eggs white, 3/4 of oats, half banana everything mixed and microwaved I do it and eat with coffee & milk or 3/4 of oatmeal cooked.

I go workout at the gym at night.

After gym: Now here is where I think that I am not doing so good.

I mix in the blender: either 3 eggs white cooked or 1 can of tuna ( I change everynight) , 1 tb of peanut butter, 6oz of orange juice, 2tb of cottage cheese, 5gr of glutamine and 1 scoop od whey protein. I drink it and enjoy a lot, I can say I am addicted to it.:D. That's all.

I do cardio: 45 min. stair master 1 time a week and 2x a week I do 35 min of tradmill with this program: 5 min. at 5 speed. 3.0 (2min) 6(1min)

Supplements: Whey, glutamine, vit.C 1000mg, flax oil, calcium 2x day.

Can't loose wheight anymore, but as I said in the beggining I want to. So what am I doing wrong? Thank you everyone.

What show are you doing? And that diet is not good to get leaner.

What show are you doing? And that diet is not good to get leaner.

I am going to compete as Diva Bikini in LA on December 12th **broken link removed**
go to the end of that page for more information.

:(If my diet is not good, that 's why I am here asking for help. Do you have any advice?

sounds like its time to spike the metabolism. try a half day first of eating as much as you can and see where you are a week later.

would you mind posting some pics?

HA HA

would you mind posting some pics?

I knew someone would ask ....:D,.... but in all seriousness BG the experts on this board can help you easier with pics to go by. I don't think you want to be too lean for a bikini comp as was mentioned.

sounds like its time to spike the metabolism. try a half day first of eating as much as you can and see where you are a week later.

That might not be the best thing to do for her since her carbs are already pretty high. However she could benefit from a few rest days and then start on a new diet.

What I would do:

Diet wise:

- set an average daily caloric intake based on your estimated BMR (it's always a guess as each person metabolism is different),
- determine proper ratios of protein/carbs/lipids so that your body will switch to fat burning mode,
- something like 40/30/30 or 50/20/30 based on your physical activity (you still need carbs to replenish glycogen stores) should do the trick,
- judge your results weekly by the mirror and adjust the diet depending on your results. "Adjusting" mainly means lowering or increasing your carbs.

Training wise:

- your workouts seem to consist in a lot of high reps, like 25... increase the weight to reach failure at the 10th or 12th rep... you'll build more muscles this way... muscles burn fat, remember
- cardio: do it post workout, maybe everyday after each weight training session... HIT cardio like you do on the treadmill is good but can be very taxing on the CNS when you already train with weights... if you seem fine with it tiredness wise, keep on doing it, otherwise decrease the intensity a tad bit

Now keep in mind that would be for someone trying to be the leanest he/she can with the more muscle possible... I don't really know what they're after in the bikini contests. :)

That might not be the best thing to do for her since her carbs are already pretty high. However she could benefit from a few rest days and then start on a new diet.

What I would do:

Diet wise:

- set an average daily caloric intake based on your estimated BMR (it's always a guess as each person metabolism is different),
- determine proper ratios of protein/carbs/lipids so that your body will switch to fat burning mode,
- something like 40/30/30 or 50/20/30 based on your physical activity (you still need carbs to replenish glycogen stores) should do the trick,
- judge your results weekly by the mirror and adjust the diet depending on your results. "Adjusting" mainly means lowering or increasing your carbs.

Training wise:

- your workouts seem to consist in a lot of high reps, like 25... increase the weight to reach failure at the 10th or 12th rep... you'll build more muscles this way... muscles burn fat, remember
- cardio: do it post workout, maybe everyday after each weight training session... HIT cardio like you do on the treadmill is good but can be very taxing on the CNS when you already train with weights... if you seem fine with it tiredness wise, keep on doing it, otherwise decrease the intensity a tad bit

Now keep in mind that would be for someone trying to be the leanest he/she can with the more muscle possible... I don't really know what they're after in the bikini contests. :)

Hey girl how are you? thank you for reply my post, I feel very welcome :)
I do my cardio after my workour always except the days I train legs. Hummm, After all maths that I possible could do about my BMR I got the conclusion of 1300 calories per day in order to lose the 10lb. I divide my sets like:Weeks 1-2: 13-15 reps
Weeks 3-4: 10-12 reps
Weeks 5-6: 8-10 reps

After week 6, I would start over at the 13-15 repetition range. Also, I would change the order in which I would perform the exercises for each body part in order to keep the body guessing.
About my pics, I tried to post but I couldn't get that figured out yet. I Never mentioned I just had a baby. From there I got some improvement.
I train at night that's why I take that weird shake after workout.
What part of my diet is giving me too many carb?

I do my cardio after my workour always except the days I train legs. Hummm, After all maths that I possible could do about my BMR I got the conclusion of 1300 calories per day in order to lose the 10lb. I divide my sets like:Weeks 1-2: 13-15 reps
Weeks 3-4: 10-12 reps
Weeks 5-6: 8-10 reps

After week 6, I would start over at the 13-15 repetition range. Also, I would change the order in which I would perform the exercises for each body part in order to keep the body guessing.
About my pics, I tried to post but I couldn't get that figured out yet. I Never mentioned I just had a baby. From there I got some improvement.
I train at night that's why I take that weird shake after workout.
What part of my diet is giving me too many carb?

LMAO, That big dude at the bottom is Phidias, he is cute though.:D (Phidias, my daughter said that) Your whole diet needs to be redone. You should not be drinking orange juice before bed. Milk? bad choice, all carbs are sugar. 2 mini toasts? I know I will get slack here, but fruit I would ditch for maybe oats or rice. Protein neeeds to be bumped up and carbs down a little. Before bed, maybe 1 scoop of casin protein and almonds. It is hard to answer your questions without seeing pictures and knowing you a little better. You have guys on this forum (who are cheap) that will work with you for 16 weeks and get to tweak your deit to you, not just a cookie cutter diet. Maybe I will go to your show, wishing you the best.

:eek: :D :p

Though I'm indeed a tiny little thing that needs love and affection, my mother still calls me her son... :D

Which leads me to ask you this highly existential question, Brazilian girl... did my post sound effeminate... or gay? :eek: :p ;)

he is cute though.:D (Phidias, my daughter said that)

Pesty, please tell your daughter she has good taste. This bright girl will go far in life... :D :p

Braziliangirl, Pesty's right on the carb thing.

In any case, you need to get rid of that bad habit of yours you call PWO meal. :)

hmmmm I dunno? Her PWO drink doesn't sound that bad honestly. In the larger context if she dropped some carbs at breakfast (like those pieces of toast!) then she could stick with her PWO drink...its good protein, healthy fats, and fructose (from the OJ) + good vitamins. Not bad at all imo.

I drink a tuna + OJ shake also every day...its about big picture...daily macros.

I suggest you track your calories like in fitday.com (online site)...track for a week or so and then start cutting some calories strategically (cut like 300 cals at first).

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws