over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Buff Nerds

alan1973

Kilo Klub Member
OuchThatHurts said:
Great post as always Kais...

My point was simply this. Our current internetwork, which let's face it, is running on top of wires put there 80 years ago, is not reliable enough (at least YET) to move to a complete web-based application deployment across the board. First, the band just isn't there and even if it were it would require massive throughput wchich would in turn require a heavy upgrade of all the hubs and routers sprinkled all over the place. A simple lightning storm can render communications useless for hours. I'm just saying, I like the idea of "keeping it in the LAN". I can control what happens in my office, outside though, you're on your own. See what I mean? Or maybe you can set me straight on this. I'd love to have at-home reliability as good as the LAN.

OTH, you are right about what we are running on. at my location, there are still sites using paper wrapped copper. because of distance and location I can't get some sites past a 19.2 or 56k connection. I have one site that teeter totters on a 128 connection, and they are less than 1/2 a click (KM) down the road.
copper has overstayed its welcome for the majority....fiber and wireless (still waiting for 802.11n) needs to take precedence.
Look for my thread buffed nerds to continue this conversation.

OK, I'm here. BigA needs to start a Computer forum because these threads start up more than most. Let me read your post now...

Last edited:
alan1973 said:
OTH, you are right about what we are running on. at my location, there are still sites using paper wrapped copper. because of distance and location I can't get some sites past a 19.2 or 56k connection. I have one site that teeter totters on a 128 connection, and they are less than 1/2 a click (KM) down the road.
copper has overstayed its welcome for the majority....fiber and wireless (still waiting for 802.11n) needs to take precedence.
Look for my thread buffed nerds to continue this conversation.

OK, well here we go. Had a few Captains and Coke now and just got home.

I stress, any connection via nFuse or Presentation Server should suffice as long as we're talking about pushing it out over 443 (SSL) or 80. Unless we're talking about 28,8 or under. Either way, yopu guys have to realize you are pulling nothing but a web page in essence. There are many things that can cause the problem on the server side of MetaFrame as I outlined in my posts earlier. If you are not ustilizing Citrix Alan, then tell me what you're connectivity frames are based on. Please fill me in on what your problems are fellas.

:D :p The title of this thread made me think of Carrot Top!!:D :eek:

hahahah.....hey if you've got to look like carrot top...

kawasaki1 said:
:D :p The title of this thread made me think of Carrot Top!!:D :eek:

You'd better lift weights! That's funny though.....:D

JETHRO TULL said:
You'd better lift weights! That's funny though.....:D
:D LMAO :D

In general, things are okay. It's possible that my Default Domain Policy is corrupt or one or more of the other policies have conflicts.

Kais, I was just saying that in general, our existing communications infrastructure is poor - running data over POTS lines and so forth. I think the downtime and reliability needs a lot of improvement. Citrix ICA isn't so bad because you only have KVM data going back and forth. RDP isn't bad either.

The other thing that is totally out of control is spam. Especially spam from foreign countries. You can tell by looking at them that they are specifically made to get through filters and for what? Can anyone tell me what good getting an email to me that say something like the following can be?

-----------------------------------------
Im P R OVe Erecsions!!!
B I G
G E R P E N I S@!

C1ick here:

http//5h3k39.jrrifpsj.co

harry potter, looked at the giant turtle faced dragon
too far eat at joes barbeque hut and see the feris wheel
go round for ten times and make you tired of reading junk like this
------------------------------------------

Seriously, WTF?!? And this type of spam makes up a lot of traffic. Not only that but has made email a pain if the ass for most people. Most people don't want to have to install a anti-virus, spybot, ad-aware, and update definitions all the time. Most people don't even know what the hell definitions are. I could really get on a rant about this. Even with all these things, sometimes junk manages to get through.

I guess I'm ranting now... lol

Last edited:
Yes, spam is such intrusion, and hogs up so much internet bandwidth it's pathetic.
Did you notice you very rarely get spam on my server? Running Exchange 2003 Enterprise, RPC over HTTPS front end and back end and only using Micrsofts free Exchange add-on called Intelligent Message Filter (IMF). I get maybe 1 or at the max 2 a week now, and yet I still get everyone's legit mail. It took a while, but I dialed in IMF and know the base settings that make it work out real well for just about any company. It auto updates via Microsoft Updates. The only thing it is lacking is a white list which will be incorporated in the next version. There is a way to white list an address, but it isn't straight forward. There are other technologies out there now that work out very well, but it would need to be deployed world wide to be totally effective. It's a DNS txt record that basically has all of the autorized SMTP servers listed. If mail does not originate from one of these it gets tossed.
Did your backup password reset itself again?

Kaiser said:
Yes, spam is such intrusion, and hogs up so much internet bandwidth it's pathetic.
Did you notice you very rarely get spam on my server? Running Exchange 2003 Enterprise, RPC over HTTPS front end and back end and only using Micrsofts free Exchange add-on called Intelligent Message Filter (IMF). I get maybe 1 or at the max 2 a week now, and yet I still get everyone's legit mail. It took a while, but I dialed in IMF and know the base settings that make it work out real well for just about any company. It auto updates via Microsoft Updates. The only thing it is lacking is a white list which will be incorporated in the next version. There is a way to white list an address, but it isn't straight forward. There are other technologies out there now that work out very well, but it would need to be deployed world wide to be totally effective. It's a DNS txt record that basically has all of the autorized SMTP servers listed. If mail does not originate from one of these it gets tossed.
Did your backup password reset itself again?
Kais, you know I love you man, but sometimes you talk over my head. I get you at first and then it turns to all clicks and pops. Yes!!! I'd like to put a bullet in that server. Even when I changed the logon credentials for Veritas to an account created just for it, it doesn't run. There is a service pack for Veritas 10b that I'm going to try and then I have to call my computer people that we contracted. One other thing that I found out is that I have to AD controllers. One is 2003 and one is 2000. We are upgrading the 2000 to 2003. So we have so much going on, I'm just sorta hoping one of these things fix it. I think upgading the original AD 2000 server might help. I have to call and find out how much that costs and for upgrade licensing and all that other stuff. I think it's like a 1000 dollars for the OS and another 1000 or more for the server licenses.

Kaiser said:
OK, well here we go. Had a few Captains and Coke now and just got home.

I stress, any connection via nFuse or Presentation Server should suffice as long as we're talking about pushing it out over 443 (SSL) or 80. Unless we're talking about 28,8 or under. Either way, yopu guys have to realize you are pulling nothing but a web page in essence. There are many things that can cause the problem on the server side of MetaFrame as I outlined in my posts earlier. If you are not ustilizing Citrix Alan, then tell me what you're connectivity frames are based on. Please fill me in on what your problems are fellas.
Citrix nFuse in use here.
is Presentation server part of citrix?
if so, what is the difference?

Will get back to you both tomorrow in the new computer forum.

Kaiser said:
Will get back to you both tomorrow in the new computer forum.
Damn Kais, you know you are going to have to mod a newbie CPU forum too...You know I'll be one of the newbies...;)

OuchThatHurts said:
Kais, you know I love you man, but sometimes you talk over my head. I get you at first and then it turns to all clicks and pops. Yes!!! I'd like to put a bullet in that server. Even when I changed the logon credentials for Veritas to an account created just for it, it doesn't run. There is a service pack for Veritas 10b that I'm going to try and then I have to call my computer people that we contracted. One other thing that I found out is that I have to AD controllers. One is 2003 and one is 2000. We are upgrading the 2000 to 2003. So we have so much going on, I'm just sorta hoping one of these things fix it. I think upgading the original AD 2000 server might help. I have to call and find out how much that costs and for upgrade licensing and all that other stuff. I think it's like a 1000 dollars for the OS and another 1000 or more for the server licenses.
are you guys sysadmins?
I am just a lowly computer tech providing support for about 500+ employees in my company, mostly simple password resets (HQ does the most of them). I do installs of hardware, software, cabling (no fiber). Etcetera.

Yeah, I own a computer corporation and also am 1 of 6 lead systems infrastructure engineers for Lockheed Martin with 137,000+ users and 486,000 nodes online.

Kaiser said:
Yeah, I own a computer corporation and also am 1 of 6 lead systems infrastructure engineers for Lockheed Martin with 137,000+ users and 486,000 nodes online.
ok, now ya just made me feel like an lowly end user

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DRock1!